1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lascelles

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by YAJERK, Jul 20, 2019.

1. YAJERK

YAJERK Active Member

Remember when Lascelles was coveted by the likes of Chelsea?

How far has his star fallen that Leicester wouldn't even look his way for a Maguire replacement? Do you think Dunk is a better player?

I know he didn't have the best of seasons, but it's odd how he is not on anyone's radar, at our club, which just seems like a massive car boot sale these days.

2. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

He's better than Dunk I think.

Schar, Fernandez and Lejeune are better than him. Clark is about level

3. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

Titus Bramble was the Defending God of Newcastle...

4. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

It depends which Lascelles. The one that is half fit turning like the titanic. That is what we got in the latter part of Rafa's reign. If we are going to get him fully fit and up to speed then he is a good centre half. He'll never be a world beater but he is decent. What I've noticed is that after injury he takes about 6 matches to get up to speed (not uncommon for big fellas). My problem is they used to get up to speed playing reserve football - that seems to be a dying trend now.

5. mickeybnufc

mickeybnufc Well-Known Member

If you have a couple of ball playing centre backs,Schar,Lejeune,then i think a good old fashioned centre half is needed and that should be Lascelles,also seems to be a decent Captain.

6. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

He's a decent center half but I think there are better out there for likely less money. I'm more than happy to keep him. <laugh>

7. Southerner

Southerner Active Member

I like his considerable defensive qualities, but he appears limited in what to do in possession. The square to backward, to me to you, to you to me, before a pass back to the keeper to boot it high and long, strategy will hopefully become a thing of the past. We will then see if he has the distribution part of the game to become a quality premier league player.