1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Last game of the year

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, May 12, 2018.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

So it's the bar codes. We will do well to get a draw let alone a win.
    After the disgraceful showing against the last mob, God only knows what Conte will serve up this time.
    Not that it matters because Liverpool will romp home in their "must win " game by playing their best team, unlike us last game.
    I hate Conte as much as I admire him. He is a fabulous coach, better than Jose in my opinion, but unbelievably child like in his manner. I do believe he has deliberately undermined our chances in more than one game by deliberaetly choosing the wrong line up to prove a point. For that reason, I think good as he is, he has to go.
    My daughter in law is Italian and her father is just like Conte. An enormously successful and wealthy man ,he gives no credence to morality, and right and wrong are meaningless. Getting his own way is the only thing that matters. He will lie, cheat, bribe and decieive his mother to get his own way. It is in his genes and he sees nothing wrong with anything he does so long as he gets his way.
    So ,if Conte stays, we will have a great coach with zero morality. Not the best way to start the new revolution. If he goes, good riddance, unsavoury character despite his talent. He needs to be in Italy where he is accepted and understood.
    I suppose Luiz is still "injured" ? Yet another example of Conte seeing himself above the good of the Club.
    Interesting era, needs to end.
    Liverpool to win, Newcastle to win. The life has been drained from our team, and 5th place is exactly what we deserve.

StanDMan, BobbyD and Blueman like this.
  2. Liquidator

Liquidator Active Member

Pretty much giving the board “the finger” to add to the sit-down protests Conte staged against Watford & Bournemouth; like most posters on here I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt but unfortunately the petulant manner in which he has conducted himself for most of this season convinces me that extending his tenure is not in the clubs best interest regardless of what happens in the last two games.....back to the drawing board yet again.

Blueman likes this.
  3. The Ginger Marks

I disagree with some of the above, I think Conte has been let down by the board mostly and some of the players. When we won the league last year (without European football) it was obvious to all that we needed to strengthen the squad. Instead of the targets he wanted he got ****e in the likes of Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Barkley & Morata. Players like Luiz have thrown a strop and downed tools (and no, he isn't injured)

Conte is a bit of a disciplinarian which hasn't suited some players ego's and they know who they are and need to show more professionalism. Looks like Im the only one who hopes Conte stays.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  4. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Diarrhoea, just about describes todays performance, if we play like that in the FA Cup final we will be annihilated.

5. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Dreadful wasn't it, fans should be refunded. Attitude of the manager and players today was a bit of a disgrace.

The only good thing I saw from us was that Giroud flick that the keeper tipped over, I don't know where he gets his ideas from.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  6. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Absolute dog ****. Words fail me.

7. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

Well, I might be in a minority but I want Antonio Conte to stay. I’ve been well impressed with his two season stay here. One Premier League Championship and two FA Cup finals is a very good return on where we were during Jose Mourinho’s last weeks here.

8. The Ginger Marks

Thats two of us.<ok>

Bristol Blue likes this.
  9. Chelsea Pensioner

Probably the most gutless, pathetic performance of recent memory. When everyone is so lousy that Ross Barkley looks decent then we are in huge trouble. Even Kante was poor. And Hazard !!!!!!!! Someone needs to tell him the goals are INSIDE the box, not in the area outside where a decent midfielder like Lampard would be lurking.
    Worst aspect of our play was that even when Shelvey opened us up through the middle repeatedly, and their front and wide men headed straight at our goal, successfully on 3 occasions, we continued with the tip tap sideways and backwards passing between 10 players whilst making not an inch of progress towards the scoring area.
    Another poor, dreary performance by Christensen and Cahill as well.
    I'd fire Conte today, give him his 9 mill, bench the entire team and let Jodie Morris lead out his team of youngsters in the FA final.
    At least we'd see some skill and effort.

10. Chelsea Pensioner

He is all of what you say, but he's also a dog who puts out hopeless teams and doesn't use subs when the game is screaming for them.
    Deliberate?
    I didn't think so once, but now I do. He's shown no sign whatever of grown up behaviour or trying to compromise with the Board, just a deeper and deeper strop to prove his already well proven point.

11. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Luiz not playing, letting R L-C out on loan, add Kenedy to that and boring sideways, backward passing. Get rid I say. I say this only a few days after backing Conte but what I witnessed today was utter garbage. Hazard has gone from class act to clown in a matter of months, Cahill is hopeless, the entire team needed a lift that the manager could not deliver. If we and a big if, we manage to win the cup, it will be in spite of the manager not because of him.

12. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Mostly agree with this Ginge, but Conte hasn't helped his case over the past few weeks with some of the decisions he's made. He also looks totally disinterested at the moment, almost as if he knows he will be packing his bags after this Saturday. I want Conte to stay but I can't see it happening.

Our squad as a whole is bang average. Honestly the only players I'd be bothered about losing are; Azpilicueta, Kante, Pedro, Willian and Hazard. Spending £150m on the crock of ****e mentioned in Ginge's post is unforgiveable, and that had nothing to do with Conte. FFS we could have kept Terry, Matic, Loftus Cheek, Chalobah and bought Neymar with the money we wasted. Serious revamp needed this summer. Nobody in the squad has any bollocks, and Arsenal will tell you that doesn't work.

13. BobbyD

BobbyD President

bang on the money drogs.

Also agree with Pensioner.

14. leez

leez Well-Known Member

yous will prob, win the fa cup now lol

15. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Well after a decent performance and result against Liverpool, 2 shambolic back to back performances to limp to the end of the season.

The abject performances from those fringe players that got a chance brings into serious question the quality of our squad depth, regardless of who is in charge next year.

Truly been a season to forget. We can only hope we can salvage something by winning the cup but I cant see it. Jose doesn't lose finals.

I like Conte and he over achieved last year but he looks like a man who is tired and isn't going to be with us next season. Just not the same as he was on the touchline last year. Spats with the board, Costa and Luiz haven't helped plus some poor transfer business. The success of Salah and De Bruyne has been embarrassing as well.

New attitude and approach needed next year. I wouldn't mind coming 5th if we were progressing youth players with a view to being better in future but that didn't happen either (save Christensen). Now just looks like we are stuck with out of form or barely fit squad of players and Hazard, Willian, Dave and Kante trying to hold it all up.

With the current top 4 so well positioned to carry on as they were last year, we could soon become the new Arsenal and be on the fringes of things if we're not careful.

Naas Blue likes this.
  16. Liquidator

Liquidator Active Member

It doesn’t bode well for the final...managers body language and appearance says it all and the malaise has spread to the team - I have to say the Board have played their part in this shambles but Conte hasn’t done himself any favours by washing his dirty laundry in public: the spats with Jose & the board, questionable selections and portraying a disinterested defeatist attitude......time to move on.

17. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It just took you all 6 months to realize the obvious? Wow..

Conte did us in from get go, when he didn't get paid in transfers.

18. The Ginger Marks

Whatever the **** that means. <doh>

Drogs likes this.
  19. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

utd don't annihilate anyone <laugh>

Bristol Blue likes this.
  20. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Tony will annihilate, assassinate CFC