1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Last Ten Or Not? Brewers v Chairboys Postponed

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

Ten game to go for the Chairboys or is there ? we will have to wait and see but after another mid season break we are back and raring to go and first up is a trip to Staffordshire to take on the Brewers at the Pirelli Stadium, there has been twelve meetings between the clubs the first being a 1st Round FA Cup tie at Loakes Park in 1955 which we lost 3-1 we didn't meet again until 2010 for a League Two game at the Pirelli where we gained our one and only win there we won our next two meeting at Adams Park before going on a five game losing run but we have won two of our last three meetings and there has never been a draw.
    Boosted by contract extensions for Gaz, Dobbo and Dom we hope to have a fully fit squad with the return of Jack Grimmer and hopefully a clean bill of health for the rest of the squad with Covid-19 not rearing its ugly head.
    This was a game under normal circumstances I was planning to go to but I've decided not to and will be following the game at home hoping we can climb back into the playoff positions before the shutters come down on our season<cheers>

2. Guywanderer

We await a statement from the @EFL regarding this weekend's fixtures and beyond.

3. Guywanderer

4. Guywanderer

Rumour has it all efl football is postponed until further notice

5. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Bollox! It was bad enough having no game last week :headbang: People will have just as much chance of becoming ill after visiting a pub, shop or using public transport.

6. Guywanderer

Yes I agree there is know way of knowing how many people have already had it as it has been about since last October

7. mowgli1960

Well i'm not gonna stop going to the pub i can promise you that <laugh><laugh> <cheers> :emoticon-0167-beer:

8. mowgli1960

When we restart the season Scott Kashket will be back as his suspension ends later this month <party><party>

9. Guywanderer

Not sure how to cope with no football maybe beer and wine who's in

10. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You should be asking what happens if the season is over right now. It isn't looking good is it as it is unlikely they will restart the thing in April. Season void or places stand as is? If it is the latter then you are outside the play off places and cannot get back in. If they do that there is going to be an awful lot of the brown stuff hitting the fans and if they don't then an awful lot of very disappointed fans from clubs who looked set to go up. Mine included in that. What a complete waste of a season it will be.

I watched a little bit of Cheltenham today on the box. There were absolute thousands crammed into the Course. That was apparently ok. That was today yet only 24 hours on you seemingly cannot have a few thousand gather in a football ground. Commuter trains will still run on Monday of next week and pretty much everywhere else will stay open for business. No school closures on mass as yet and some of those have 1500 pupils in them. I personally think this panic has more to do with Government trying to be seen as in charge and doing something rather than any sane response to it all. My grandson who is still at school said the other day that more people on this Planet will die of starvation this year than of Caronavirus. I think he's right but you don't see anyone rushing to sort any of that out. In the meantime at least all the protests around the World have stopped...................funny that.

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They take the average number of points per game achieved so far and apply that to all unplayed games to the end of the season. I think that puts us in the play offs. Then they draw straws to see who goes up

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

If it's your round then count me in..........

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

If it was number of minutes played then you might piss it Ron...................how did your Cheltenham go?

14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Don't bet greeny but did quite well in our comp

15. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

I think what might happen they will cancel Euro 2020 till next year, the football will start again in June, then run straight into next season. What I am glad about at least we got taken over, we have probably got a more money to ride the storm out. As your Grandson said about starvation, listening to the radio the other week they were saying that 28,000 people die of TB (I can not remember if it was every week or day). If it had stayed in China or Africa nobody in the west would have given a toss.
    Have heard one good joke going the rounds about America ending up with no President because they are all in the vunerable catergory.

16. Guywanderer

League One Table average points per game top 8
    1 Coventry 1.97
    2 Rotherham 1,77
    3 Wycombe 1.73
    4 Oxford 1.71
    5 Portsmouth 1.71
    6 Fleetwood 1.71
    7 Peterborough 1.68
    8 Sunderland 1.63

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

There are some pretty good black humour jokes on the Sunderland board. They made me chuckle anyway.

18. philhythe

I will have a look, it will make a change from reading their's & Ipswich bemoaning about their clubs

19. philhythe

I like the one with the picture of Keith Richards if he goes we are all dead