1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Latics to stay at Boundary Park?

Discussion in 'Oldham' started by Welcome to the North, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Welcome to the North

Welcome to the North Active Member

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...deal-to-keep-oldham-athletic-at-boundary-park

Not going to get too excited as it seems it's only a verbal agreement but if this does happen it's a step in the right direction.

However, the Main Stand could do with a make over and soon enough that'll be on it's last legs.

Just hope this is true.

KTF!!!

2. OLDHAM4ALWAYS

OLDHAM4ALWAYS New Member

Hope the Broadway Stand is built further back, in order for the pitch to be moved over towards that new stand.This would enable the now decrepit Main stand to be built along the same style as the new Broadway stand, and make the ground more square shaped in appearance. The Chaddy end and RRE could then be built to join up at each corner of the ground, to make the whole appearance, both inside and outside more appealing to both home and away fans. I think a ground capacity of 15,000 would be ideal for the club at present. It may take time but I would rather wait for a stadium built to last for years to come and worthy of a proffesional football club.

3. Midland latic

Midland latic Member

I can see your point but if they move it so far then we need to develop RRE and CE as 1/4 or so wont be near the pitch and of no use.

As i live in Birmingham and dont see it every day, the last time i was there houses were been built. Now surely these were built of the premis that we were going. What happens now ? would you want to buy a house with the Chaddy End at the back of your garden ?

4. LaticMark

LaticMark Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14325222.stm

Simon Corney said that the Council plan would go ‘some way to helping us start the development’.

‘The majority of the money would go back towards paying my partners for the land at Failsworth.’

‘There won’t be a great deal left to build a stand.’

Simon also mentioned a figure of £6m to £7m to build a stand that included all the facilities. As well as the usual conferencing and banqueting, he also mentioned the possibility of a min-supermarket, a gymnasium, and perhaps a little bit of retail.

Given that Simon has stated that the Failsworth land cost around £3m, and the current figures being mentioned are slightly inaccurate, it would suggest that the club would end up with around £2m at the most. That’s a decent deposit on a new stand, but still leaves the club needing to raise around £4m to £5m just to complete a new main stand.

Hopefully more details will emerge next week.

5. Trypsin-1

Trypsin-1 Active Member

**** stadium, dont know why you want it, although i guess it suits your footballing abilities <whistle>