1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tips / Bets League 1 & FA Cup Betting Competitions

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Ron, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What are the odds on us winning at least one game: I reckon we will win at least one

We won't lose every game - will we?

2. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

If the EFL hopefully don't sort out all the 12pts deductions cases that are pending untill next season we could finish half-way. Even now in League 2 Stevenage don't know if they have been relegated or not & League 2 was officially suspended on the 15th May. Who is going to make the decision to relegate Barnsley (who won their last two games) or Wigan from the Championship.

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You could be right there phil. The brown stuff hasn't even hit the fan yet with this lock down stuff. If you can survive the fallout then who knows who will be left standing.

Incidentally I have just renewed the season ticket. Well, my son pretty much did all the donkey work for me but what a bloody trial that was. I hate all this online stuff. First I had to register for online ticketing so that I had an account. Then it told me I couldn't because of a problem with my email address. Then there was one with the password. Finally by going hither and dither it was sorted and I am now the proud owner of a season ticket or will be once they send it to me. If that had been left to me with no help I would have still been there tomorrow pressing buttons and no doubt repairing the window I had thrown the computer through. They need the money. You would think they would make it as easy as possible for you to send them some wouldn't you. If it was any other business and not my football club they would have failed long ago through lack of customers.

Stokenchurch yid and Ron like this.
  4. philhythe

That's what we have kids for to help us OAPs out, I can remember years ago my parents buying a video recorder could they understand it & get it to work, could they not. I took one look at it within 10mins set up & working, now I am in the same boat I hav'nt a clue about phones & the like the kids do it all

Ron likes this.
  5. Stokenchurch yid

Stokenchurch yid Well-Known Member

That's funny I just got one of my daughters to sort out my disabled badge ,they wanted so much information I would have been ages sorting it out and no doubt my computer would have ended up being launched at something, I started filling out a form on the internet and it kept saying my date of birth, postcode and my driving licence were all wrong ffs.

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Maybe it was just your name that was wrong :emoticon-0102-bigsm

7. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thing is when somebody sees me on a keyboard they think I'm a whiz when it comes to the thing. The truth is though that I can touch type having spent a whole load of my years typing. So, the fingers move quite well but it's when I come to sending something or posting it in the right place that the trouble starts. Never mind putting something together and kick starting the use of a machine. What goes in which plug hole I have no idea and don't even know what the cable is called most of the time. As for phones well I don't possess one. I cannot get my head around them and all the swiping and stuff let alone Aps and things to download. I was forced to have a mobile in the last 5 years of my working life. I had to return it when I packed in working. I told the boss man that I had only ever made 3 calls in the 5 years when I gave it back in it's original box. He plugged it in and told me I had a whole load of text messages on it. I suggested he better answer them then.

I do get a bit arsy with shops and banks now as well. You can do this or that online they keep trying to tell me. I DON'T FECKIN WANT TO. They also keep trying to get me to do stuff on my bank account via a machine on the wall rather than at a counter. I DON'T FECKIN WANT TO. The same applies to self checkouts in Supermarkets. They don't get that I want to be served by a person. I did get a bit shirty with one woman a while back who kept trying to get me to do the self checkout and didn't want to be told no. I ended up saying she might as well get her coat on a bugger off home as I would willingly do the rest of her job as well as it only left putting the stuff on the shelves. I could then reduce the prices with no wages to pay. I will never get my head around the modern way no matter how long it takes.

Stokenchurch yid and Ron like this.
  8. philhythe

I have used the self checkout if I go in to buy a couple of bottles of beer, if I get asked to use it, my answer always is would you rather be made redundant then. What a lot of people in these places don't seem to get is employing humans, is one of the most expensive part of any business.

Ron, Guywanderer and Stokenchurch yid like this.
  9. Stokenchurch yid

Don't get me started on self checkouts, complete waste of time always comes up with call assistant, what's the ****ing point in wasting time waiting when if I was served by a human in the first place I would have been out of the shop and halfway home <doh>

Ron and Guywanderer like this.
  10. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

To be honest the only times I have been shopping since March once at the end of June and once last week I used the I used the self service checkout found them very good quick and easy to use but I never use them to by alcohol as you still have to stand there like a lemon waiting for someone a third of your are to asses if you are old enough to by it

Ron likes this.

11. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

Must have been the alcohol Rocky was the trolley full of it<laugh><laugh><laugh>

Ron and Stokenchurch yid like this.
  12. Stokenchurch yid

<laugh>