1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

League 1 season over confirmed

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Coventry are champions.
    Rotherham runners up.
    Wycombe, Oxford, Portsmouth and Fleetwood will compete in the play offs.
    Bolton, Southend and Tranmere are relegated. I'm sure Tranmere will not take this news well.

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

League 2 over as well.
    Swindon are champions.
    Plymouth and Crewe promoted.
    Exeter, Colchester, Cheltenham and Northampton are in the play offs.
    Stevenage should be relegated but this is not confirmed yet due to issues from the National League. That outcome is pending.

3. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

Personally I would have thought the 'null and void' option would have been much fairer, and would save an awful lot of aggro and law suits that I suspect may follow now, from one or two clubs. Much as I dislike them, I guess I would be mighty pissed off now if I was a Tranmere supporter, and Peterborough must be bemused at what has happened to them. Strikes me as strange how certain clubs towards the top of the table apparently voted for the season to be curtailed like this, on the grounds of player safety etc, but are more than happy to take part in the play offs later this month, when promotion is the prize! Still, I suppose if we were in that position, we would probably have done the same. Hope everyone on here stays safe and we can now look forward to next season and a fresh start.

old timer likes this.
  4. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Bet Stefan Payne is brassed off. If Tranmere had won their game in hand unless they won by 12 goals without reply they would still have been in the bottom 3 sowould have been relegated anyway

GreatWesternGas likes this.
  5. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

Well if only half of what I've read about his comments and antics are true, then it couldn't happen to a nicer bloke!!!

6. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

I wonder when the next seson will start ?

7. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

And when it starts will the supporters be allowed in to watch cheer and support the team of choice

8. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

He probably won't be bothered as he's never cared for any club. Gutted for their fans though. Game in hand and was in better form than Wimbledon too over the last 8 games and had a better run in with the remaining games. I would have put money on them staying up.

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I too preferred the null and void option. But I doubt there will be lawsuits. I been saying there will be legal action for ages but the way the football league have handled the situation, they have taken the cowards way. They have stood back, made no decisions and made all league 1 clubs decide the fate of the season. They therefore cant accept any liability or even any accountability for the final outcome. Who will these lawsuits be against? All league 1 clubs? After all, those complaining accepted the vote system and took part in the vote. I cant see any lawsuits happening.

I too dont get how clubs who voted to end the season on safety grounds can now be ok to play in the play offs. Its a load of nonsense, the whole thing.