1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread League cup v Forest

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StanDMan, Sep 19, 2017.

1. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

CP, I am just so disappointed that no one can see which is very plain & simple.

Leads to my frustration. I won't bang on now.

Now Bobby knows his numbers. So hope people can appreciate his logical scientific reply on that topic.

2. BobbyD

BobbyD President

I think people are just a little frustrated with your exaggeration and the way you come across even if you mean well or are correct. Maybe you just need tone down how you voice your opinions as if i didn't know you i'd believe you were a giant WUM of HIAG proportions lol.

I think theres a split between whether Cahill or Fabregas (probably more slanted towards not being nailed on) they are part of our best 11 against most opponents.

In the modern game its a squad game and you can't have just a starting 11 because of injuries and form and fatigue.

Fabregas is an outstanding squad player as he has skills others do not have and is brilliant for certain situations.

StanDMan likes this.
  3. Liquidator

Liquidator Active Member

To be honest I think the League Cup has had its day but I wouldn't go so far to want our team to take a fall in the first round; with this competition there is opportunity for us to give youngsters game time to impress providing we don't fall into the trap of fielding a fall strength side if we get to the latter stages - Stan is right about our squad size so give our first team a breather on this one and provide experience and game time for up and coming talent.

4. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

No one is questioning Stan's posts regarding squad size and resting players, he does however criticise a couple or three players directly. Cesc I agree is played in the wrong position, Cahill is past his sell by date, Alonso I believe he is treating unfairly, but he is entitled to disagree, and we are entitled to disagree with him, but some of the vitriol being put his way, again I might add is totally wrong, so.... reel it in, if you disagree then state why but don't start school playground name calling and reverting to near insults. If history reveals he was wrong then by all means say so but to count your chickens is foolish.

StanDMan likes this.
  5. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Point taken. My comments are based purely on what I see, which is only on TV. At the risk of repeating myself, he drives me nuts, because he looks as if there is a class player in there somewhere, but he never shows up . Only time will tell. You might be right and maybe he just needs time and experience, which is what I thought, but now I'm not at all sure.

6. BobbyD

BobbyD President

As i said not sure he has the all round game to be a starter (or whether that will ever develop especially with no game time). All i was debating was that he never shows up! He's given next to no time and hes subbed on for 10 mins here and there, nothing to really give us an indication whether he will or won't show up.

The only times he gets decent minutes are cup games where he bags.

7. chelsea - over 100 years of history

He spent all of last season making comments like 'Jose's title to lose' until about April, slagging off Cahill and Alonso in particular practically every week (when they both had large contributions in many key games) and having mass meltdowns every time we didn't win a game by 3 goals. At one stage in the run in he said we wouldn't even finish top 4, think its when we lost to United but remained about 7 points clear!. So history has shown him to be consistently wrong and outlandish so forgive me if I don't take his doom mongering predictions as likely this time around!!

I'm all for differing opinions but when you attack and victimise club legends (and Mikel, Cahill and Cesc have to fall into this category) and you openly say you hope we lose a cup game, you will lose all respect from me. I may be wrong, but it comes across as spoilt 'new fan' for me. I can't imagine anyone who 'suffered' the 80's and early 90's as a Chelsea fan would moan as much given the privileged position we have found ourselves in this past few years.

Blueman likes this.
  8. chelsea - over 100 years of history

You are probably right. I'm just thinking of the few games he was given in pre-seasons and early season to stake a claim when Morata was allegedly not fit enough and he was poor. Yet when put into these cup games against weak opposition he always bangs em in. So it's not a case necessarily of him needing games to settle in, he's either performing badly in just these games or he is not suited to certain types of games.

I appreciate it's hard to do well for us unless you can hold a ball up though! And that's been the case since Jose first time. Just ask Torres.

9. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Think the forum is well served by Stan, who is in most conversations and is very passionate. I suggest we put this to bed and all try and see the other persons point of view, without getting too ansty about things.
    Perhaps we all need our brains in gear before we write anything .
    I am sure all the players we individually like or dislike try their absolute best whenever they play. We can't actually expect more than that.

StanDMan and BobbyD like this.
  10. BobbyD

BobbyD President

You are spot on here as without Stan this board would probably be even more dead than usual :D

StanDMan likes this.

11. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

I see nothing wrong with Stan's point of view. This is, afterall, a football forum. People should be free to say what they like and agree or disagree with it.

KTBFFH Stan!

StanDMan likes this.