1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread League One Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg Chairboys v Fishermen 6th July 20

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Exeter are a good side, but if you watched the matches on Sky, you would have noticed that they are quite a dirty team at times. We could/should have had 3 penalties in the first game, and 1 in the second game. They are very adept at their shoves in the back, clever trips from behind, "accidentally" handling the ball in the penalty area, and pulling players back ! Apart from that, they are a decent team !!

But don't forget you beat another dirty team in 'orrible Fleetwood at their ground. Keep your heads, and you should win :emoticon-0148-yes: <cheers>

Guywanderer likes this.
  2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We are playing Oxford Woopert

Wooperts_duck likes this.
  3. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Very observant Ron. Sorry, have had a few sherberts before typing !! ;)

Guywanderer and Ron like this.
  4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

Wooperts_duck likes this.
  5. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

& Poxford goal in the 2nd leg was goalkeepers/defender mess up & an OG

6. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

The reason I was drinking yesterday evening Ron, was to celebrate completing a month's radiotherapy treatment at a hospital in Portsmouth for Prostate Cancer !
    It was the first drop of booze I had imbibed for that period, hence I was slightly pi55ed <cheers>

Ron and Guywanderer like this.
  7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I had no idea Woopert. I hope you are feeling OK after all that. I have heard that cbd oils can be very good. Is that something you have been prescribed?

Guywanderer and Wooperts_duck like this.
  8. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

It was diagnosed back in December last year, just before Christmas. Radiotherapy was delayed because of Covid19, and I was told what I couldn't eat or drink, and what I should eat before the treatment commenced. The treatment itself wasn't too bad, but I stuck with my recommended diet and have shed half a stone which is rather pleasing. They say any side effects could hit me in the next two weeks but apart from fatigue and extreme tiredness, I have been OK so far !

They haven't prescribed me anything like cbd oils, but after another blood test and CT Scan, I need to go back to the North Island in six weeks time to see my consultant to hopefully receive the "all clear" !!

If any of you haven't had a PSA blood test up to now, then I strongly suggest you consider having one. I had no symptons whatsoever, and merely attended a voluntary blood test on the insistence of my lovely wife. Thank God I did !!!

Guywanderer, Stokenchurch yid and Ron like this.