1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lee Johnson

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Wolfy, Feb 6, 2021.

1. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

Disagree. You don't go against you natural inclinations as a manager unless you have to. You make changes to the way you play to suit or accommodate the players you have available. He had a lot of players slightly beyond their peak and therefore not suited to playing his natural game over a prolonged period or less mobile than is required for that type of game.

2. T_Bone

T_Bone Well-Known Member

I think he has a mediocre track record but it seems he was the new owners choice. He has to be given the chance to work with the new owner in that case so we should accept he may be here a while and back him.

Badlands, RTB and Makemstine Roger like this.
  3. rb92

rb92 Well-Known Member

Fair enough, I think the decision to rearrange so many games because of international call-ups hindered us too. That coupled with the run to the Pizza Cup final meant we had a very fixture heavy end to the season. Didn’t we play something ridiculous like 65 games that year?

Personally I’d like to see a bit more patience with managers. The likes of Sean Dyche have relegations on their records but Burnley didn’t panic and now look at them, he’s worked wonders on a shoestring at a relatively small club. If that was us he’d have back sacked as soon as it became clear we were going to be relegated.

4. Smiler

Smiler Well-Known Member

Can't really disagree with that but it would also be nice if we actually brought in a manager who even just a few of the fans thought might be a good acquisition rather than someone no-one wanted at all until it became apparent he was who we were signing.

'Unfortunately' we have Johnson now so he needs the rest of this and next season at least but I can't help but feel he's the wrong man for us. I thought it before we signed him and still think it now (the more he opens his gobshite mouth doesn't help despite me continually telling myself words mean nowt).

Hopefully he proves me very very wrong, sacking him next season after a quarter of the season helps no-one at all especially the club/team. It's the worst time to sack any manager, you're giving the new manager the last managers team for most of the season, with only the January transfer window to do anything which is always hard. Sackings should be reserved for the last dozen games or less in desperation for survival or in prep' for the next season (imo).

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  5. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="Evil Jimmy Krankie, post: 14610546, member: 1048450"

It’s a rhetorical question.[/QUOTE]

n.
    A rhetorical question is ............A question posed only for dramatic or persuasive effect. as per the dictionary, so suggesting a person made a comment he didn't make which came from your words not his is rhetorical... okey dokey here is silly me thinking it was called slander learn something new every day on these boards

6. Evil Jimmy Krankie

Evil Jimmy Krankie Well-Known Member

n.
    A rhetorical question is ............A question posed only for dramatic or persuasive effect. as per the dictionary, so suggesting a person made a comment he didn't make which came from your words not his is rhetorical... okey dokey here is silly me thinking it was called slander learn something new every day on these boards[/QUOTE]
    What the living **** are you going on about you cretin?

7. Makemstine Roger

What the living **** are you going on about you cretin?[/QUOTE]

cretin<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh> you know very well what im on about, ejk when found out stamps feet and spout indignation, you accused Parker of saying things he did not say

For me, Johnson is very much on trial from now till the end of the season. Automatic promotion has gone now but we should still have ambitions to get a play off spot.

If we continue to regress like we already seem to be and finish well outside the top 6 it will be hard for me to want Johnson to stay and be the man to be at the helm for the summer rebuild ..... post69...he also replied on post 75 where he named Ross and Parkinson no where did he mention LJ

I just want to know why be so harsh with posters who don't agree with you as i see you have form for doing this

8. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

6b85347c9d6c473ec32899fe8fc3704b.jpg

Nordic likes this.
  9. Makemstine Roger

10. Class of 73

Class of 73 Well-Known Member

I cannot understand for the life of me why somebody (anybody) within the Sunderland hierarchy, thought it would be a good idea to bring back Graham. Yes, Graham has gone, but are others, who agreed to his hiring, still there?
    If they are and if they still have influence, then will will continue the macabre attempt to suck the fekin passion out of our supporters, as they will obviously still have a say in who the club hires.
    I hope the new owners understand the feeling of the majority of our supporters felt about Graham joining, it was, imho, an insult. Positive change would be, for a start, to rid the club of those feckers who thought it a good idea.

I hope that LJ starts to understand the essence of the Roker roar and of what our supporters want, which I believe is strong attacking football. We could do with Passionate footballers, who live and breath for the want of success; never giving up, never heads down. A Roy Keane like figure as Captain and players who understand each other.
    Tinkering with tactics, such as 4-2-2-2 and continuing with moving players into different positions is for me, left to the elite teams. We are in league one, train hard, keep to the basics, hit hard & hit fast; when we score pick the ball out of the net line up and be ready. Celebrations are at the end of the game.
    Continuing this shambles for another season in League one starts to drain the lifeblood, we have a 48- thousand seat stadium and filling it with 5-10,000 won’t cut it. maybe LJ should sit and watch ‘Premier Passions’ and the 73 FA Cup trail (what support that was, especially against Arsenal) I believe it’s still there, so come on LJ, we KTF, so step up to the plate.
    Here endeth a rant, apologies if not in context or for rambling, this is hurting!!

11. Evil Jimmy Krankie

cretin<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh> you know very well what im on about, ejk when found out stamps feet and spout indignation, you accused Parker of saying things he did not say

For me, Johnson is very much on trial from now till the end of the season. Automatic promotion has gone now but we should still have ambitions to get a play off spot.

If we continue to regress like we already seem to be and finish well outside the top 6 it will be hard for me to want Johnson to stay and be the man to be at the helm for the summer rebuild ..... post69...he also replied on post 75 where he named Ross and Parkinson no where did he mention LJ

I just want to know why be so harsh with posters who don't agree with you as i see you have form for doing this[/QUOTE]
    Yep righto. I was replying to a specific post where he implied that LJ was not up to the job. Anyway, I have no intention of arguing with you. If you think you’re right, your right. Same goes for me. Neither of us are going to change each others mind, are we?

12. Makemstine Roger

if a poster was nasty to you i can understand that reaction ,but your reaction to the poster Sunderland lad, was over the top as well , is it a crime now to post your view and not expect criticism

Random lad said:
    Very poor that he did not realise we needed a new keeper, was really obvious POST 50

YOUR REPLY
    Why don’t you email him and tell him then? I reckon he’d be grateful and thank you for pointing out the glaringly obvious oversight he made. You might even get a job on the scouting team that Speakman will be putting together or maybe as his personal adviser on team strengthening.

post No50
    Evil Jimmy Krankie, Wednesday at 1:42 PM

All i ask is that you don't have to be so rude to a poster who has not been rude to you especially at his age its just not warranted, I as for me i have been insulted by the best and its like water off a ducks back to me i give as good as i get, i am not trying to preach to you, or demanding anything just requesting you wind it in on responses that are not warranted to the older posters. I sincerely thank you for your for your understanding and hope this ends any animosity as it has with me.

13. Evil Jimmy Krankie

A completely different post Roger. The problem with the internet message boards is that humour and sarcasm cannot be readily or easily conveyed. I saw it as humour and maybe others did as well. You obviously didn’t.
    I’ll happily draw a line under this and move on though.

14. Makemstine Roger

for future mate a smiley normally does the trick, good night and thank you for your reply:emoticon-0150-hands

Evil Jimmy Krankie likes this.
  15. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

Pair of woofters :emoticon-0136-giggl

16. Evil Jimmy Krankie

:emoticon-0109-kiss::emoticon-0109-kiss::emoticon-0109-kiss::emoticon-0109-kiss:

Nig likes this.
  17. Makemstine Roger

just jealous you didn't get a look in..<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

Nig likes this.
  18. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

I hear enough wimmin whingin an arguin at hewm with the mrs and daughters thanks :D :p