1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds Utd Derby County. 2nd leg Semi Final Play Offs

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, May 13, 2019.

?

Scoreline: Leeds Utd v Derby

Poll closed May 20, 2019.
  1. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1-0

15.4%
  3. 2-0

15.4%
  4. 2-1

23.1%
  5. 3-0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 3-2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 0-1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 1-2

15.4%
  9. 0-2

7.7%
  10. 0-3 Shako special

23.1%
  1. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

I'm well aware some don't share my views, then again, they post their views too which are different to mine, it's a level playing field. Some seem to think their views are the only views that count, which is why they attack the likes of me and others.

I can't fathom how the YEP voted Phillips player of year when other players played much much better than him all season, maybe it's cos he had the most sideways passes.

He makes a lot of mistakes, like going awol, being caught out of position, as he was against Derby, not in the defence when he should've been etc etc etc.

For all the times I've asked the question "what impact does Phillips bring to team" still no one comes up with an answer.

I was in the minority with Mowatt, ended up being justified. I was in the minority with Wood, he hasn't exactly set the prem on fire with goals, and Burnley are still no better off. I was in the minority with Cook, granted he's been injured more than he's played, but when he played he didn't bring Bournemouth alive. I was in the minority with Berardi way back when he first came here, I ended up being justified.

I was in the minority, and ridiculed when I said Alioski, Saiz and Pablo would be the best attacking mids in league, it happened, and they were. I could go on and on.

Everyones looking for a scapegoat, but never look at Phillips or Ayling for their failings and faults. Can't find fault with Phillips, he's a local Yorky, that would be going against the grain, wouldn't it.

You always come at me with me Phillips, are you in love with him or something. You had a go at Forshaw the other week, and he was playing well, do you think that's cos you didn't want Forshaw to outshine Phillips?

Alioski plays well, has one bad game and everyone's on his back, but never with Phillips. Saiz has a bad game and everyone's on his back, but never with Phillips etc etc etc. Truth is, both Phillips and Ayling are caught out of position way too much resulting in goals against, that makes'em a liability and a weak link. They put pressure on the defence and keeper, then it's, let's get on Coopers and Kiko's back, but never on Phillips or Aylings back, who are the ones at fault a lot of the time.

Let's get on Kiko's back for going to far forward, even though the defence were going way upfield. Does he do it too much, yes, I would say there are times he should drop back a bit. He goes forward to put one man between him and a quick break that catches our defence napping so he has ample time to get to the ball first, or disrupt the break so the defenders (having woke up from their nap) can get back in defence, there is a sound reason why he does it. No keeper can be blamed for being lobbed.

Most were on Sylvestri's back, but he was a better keeper than fumbling Green, who also fumbled for England.

I wrote my views and provided a link of the highlights, what I wrote ties in with the highlights, they're there for all to see.

For the record, if Phillips goes for 20m to prem, he will be found out, just like Wood has been, but Wood went for the money, Phillips will too.

As you well know, when I write something I provide, and try to provide evidence to back up what I wrote, not to many others on here do same, including yourself.

I've said it before, there are those who watch a game, and there are those who watch and read a game. Reading a game allows people to see those things that others who just watch don't.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  2. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

I should have bought shares in Kleenex. Could hardly read this as I wept so much. With laughter! <doh>

Oh! What a poor soul. So spot on in his assessments, and yet no-one even noticed. Yeah, right! <laugh>

Everyone's wrong about Phillips. Clearly that includes our manager, our coaching staff, his fellow professionals, the press, and any fans that can read a game of football. No, really - read a game of football. That requires you to be there, otherwise you get a filtered view - what the man with the camera thinks is important, further filtered by a producer who selects the camera views that make the final cut. So if there's a run off the ball, for instance, it's highly unlikely you'll ever see it on telly. So how can you read what you can't see? And yet you think you can read a game better than those that attend, even though you're handicapped by these blunt force filters? Is it a surprise that you're mocked? <doh>

I also see that Wood's still getting the treatment. Only Burnley player to have hit double figures in the last 2 years. Says more about the club than the player. Guess there are some who can watch what's happening, and some who can read. Someone clearly skipped the reading classes. <doh>

Eric Le Merde likes this.
  3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yes it is all opinion, I can give you my opinions on what KP brings to the team and you wouldn't see it the same way. I have had an opinion on a player before, other fans have pointed out where I could be wrong and rather than dismiss it I've looked at that player more closely.

Shackleton was a recent prime example, although I hadn't posted my doubts about him I had them however several other fans raved about him and against Derby in the Playoffs my opinion changed about him, he is going to be a great player.

My question to you was do you ever wonder why you are in the minority, I obviously don't agree with your assessment of him and I think you would be hard finding many if any that do. It wasn't an attack on you (if you felt it was I apologise), as for your "am I in love with him" comment, I love any Leeds player that pulls on a shirt and gives it 100%. My previous comments on Forshaw have nothing to do with Phillips, if I thought Forshaw brought something to the team it would be at the expense of Klich not Phillips. If Leeds cash in on Phillips I still want to see Forshaw gone, we need better.

The Trust posted this on FB today: "We asked fans to vote for their MOTM after each game throughout the season. Kalvin received over 140,000 votes & 10 MOTM wins to receive the first Paul Madeley Memorial Award. #yorkshirepirlo" so again, my original question was do you ever wonder why you don't see him the same way the rest of us do, not to mention ex players other professionals and at least 6 previous coaches see him but obviously you don't.

As for the rest of your reply in regards to who you were wrong or right about again it is debatable, I will say my memory on this is vastly different to yours, I seem to remember most not wanting Mowatt, most feeling Byram was good for us but would struggle at a higher level and Wood is up for the player of the month award and I'm reading his crucial goals were what kept Burnly in the PL for another season.

You say you back up what you say in regards to Phillips but you back up what you say with more self opinions that nobody agrees with, you see a totally different game to many of us.

If you want me to back up what a great player he has been for us this season with anything other than my own opinion I can link to as many positive reviews or ex players opinions of him as you like, give me a realistic number and I'll pull them off the net with ease as there are dozens of them or would that not count because it is an opinion, I don't really know what hard fact you are hoping I reply with.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    Whitejock and Leedsoflondon like this.
  4. sniffer1

sniffer1 Well-Known Member

yes a couple of additions hope its a quality central defender and dweight gayle up front for us

Leedsoflondon likes this.
  5. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

You ok brother?

6. sniffer1

sniffer1 Well-Known Member

yes cheers OLOF have a read of the link i put on my new thread about leeds utd going for dweight gayle as a transfer the link says leeds are looking at getting him have a read about it cheers ,im getting over the disappointment of derby semi final and back uk in 2 weeks getting ready for an exciting season for leeds coming up !

OLOF likes this.