1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Leeds Utd v Chelsea

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Mar 10, 2021.

?

What will the scoreline be today

Poll closed Mar 13, 2021.
  1. 0-0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Score draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Leeds win

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Chelsea win

50.0%
  5. Chelsea win by 3 or more

50.0%
  1. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Roberts mom wtf ?

wakeybreakyheart and Irishshako like this.
  2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Agreed on Roberts but Rodrigo shows how much you need to spend on quality unless you can dig a gem out like Raphinha

3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Got to say, that feels like a win today. We defended well, the difference in quality was vast a very valuable point which I’d have taken all day

4. LeedsInHeaven

LeedsInHeaven Well-Known Member

Good point which I wasn't expecting today

southernwhite and 2 pennth like this.
  5. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Very fine point, well deserved

southernwhite and blonogasoven like this.
  6. southernwhite

More than happy with that, good solid defensive performance, against a very good side, also had chances ourselves to score, but the defensive performance pleased me the most.

7. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

I think their manager got his subs wrong, took their flow away .

blonogasoven likes this.
  8. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Good bonus point wonder how many more we could get?
    I bet that surprised a few

ristac and Doc like this.
  9. blonogasoven

blonogasoven Well-Known Member

Afternoon all.
    Tough game. Chelsea are a good side in good form.
    I thought they had the more clear cut chances but their finishing was woeful. We had the better chances.
    I actually thought Roberts had a good game. It must have been tough with the wind. Our CB pairing were very good and I thought Philips was MOM. I though both Ayling and Alioski gave the ball away cheaply in very dangerous areas.
    I thought Rodrigo was poor but when Klich came on he wasn't much better.
    Good point. I'd have ripped your arm off for that. I thought Chelski were actually better before the subs.

Marcos Barber and ristac like this.
  10. southernwhite

i must admit to breathing a sigh of relief when Giroud was not brought on, that feller can score from nothing, particularly from corners, which Chelsea had a fair few.

Gessa likes this.

11. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

I didn't get to see the game was at basketball with my daughter.
    But a great point that I did not expect.
    What happened to Bamford?

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  12. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

I think we got away with one today, when Bamford went off we lost our shape and Rudiga run at us and he has pace, Roberts had a descent game for once BUT if had more control could have nicked it for us.
    Llorente is going to be class, Sturijk look very injured....... not.

13. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Defended well second half, thought they ran out of ideas. We Still couldn’t string two passes together for most of the game but it’s a good point.

14. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Roberts takes a few too many touches at times and looks a bit casual, but he was behind most of the good stuff we did today, made a lot of good runs, worked really hard, hit the bar, had a goal ruled out for offside... for the second game on the trot. He needs a break on the pitch... and one from some of the fans.

leeds down south and NostradEmus like this.
  15. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

I think Stevie boy was sniffing the paint thinners..:)

16. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Firstly, what a great result.

Meslier - 8. Didn't put a foot wrong and made plenty of saves. Distribution alot better since the Arsenal showing.

Ayling - 6. Dug in and tried to maraud forwards. Got himself turned inside out a couple of times. Never stopped though.

Struijk - 9. Looks like he has all the experience in the world yet so young. Class act.

Llorente - 9. Good all round performance and formed a rock solid partnership with Struijk at the back. Possibly our best pairing?

Alioski - 5. Found out for pace early doors. Made it a more physical battle and eventually saw Pulisic off. Booked, nearly sent off. Sometimes sloppy in possession. The obvious weak link at the back but did turn the tide somewhat after that first 15 minutes.

Phillips -8. Covered defensive positions extremely well. Kept the ball nicely. Playing himself back in to top form.

Dallas - 5. Never got to grips with Kante who ran the show (for the second time against us). Solid in possession and grafted but not at his best.

Roberts - 8. Goal disallowed, hit the bar, created the Raphinha chance and by a country mile our most dangerous player today. Probably should have come off instead of Rodrigo as he had visibly run his blood to water and was finished which resulted in a sloppy last 10 minutes. Some lovely moments from him today. Need more of these performances from him.

Harrison - 5. Tough for both wingers in a game where we don't have the ball. Work ethic was there but didn't really influence anything.

Raphinha - 6. The odd flash of brilliance but too many bad touches and lost possession cheaply too often. On another day scores from the 2nd half chance but even that wasn't hit cleanly. Set piece delivery was off but give him benefit of the doubt due to conditions. Never took the easy option though and continued to take risks in order to win the game. Just not his day.

Bamford - 6. Looked lively enough until injured. Unselfishly set up the disallowed Roberts goal.

Subs.

Rodrigo - 5. Some nice touches. Should have done better with a header late on. Doesn't seem too keen on grafting back after we lose possession though and that needs to change.

Costa - 7. Did well when he came on. Very lively and wasn't scared to run at Chelsea without much support. Worked hard defensively which doesn't come easily for him.

Klich - 6. Came on to see the game out and did so with a couple of balls in to the corner and a couple of clinical fouls disrupting any Chelsea momentum. Didn't really impress but did what he had to do.

foolee, Marcos Barber and ristac like this.
  17. Old Git

Old Git Well-Known Member

But the German Tuchel seemed unsettled by Leeds' director of football Victor Orta, who was a vocal presence throughout the game.

The two had a heated debate over fair play even though Chelsea kicked the ball out once they realised Bamford was injured.

18. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

sorry i missed the match mates, but well pleased with a point against Chelsea, it seems to me that the team are getting stronger towards the end of the season. whilst you cant win every game and even the top 3 struggle, from only being promoted the commitment skill level and desire i see through out the team, will make it a force to be reckoned with next season , with a few new faces added

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
    Irishshako likes this.
  19. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

You didn't miss much TBH. :(

20. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

there are very few newly promoted teams that could do that to Chealski, With their billionaire owners, money no object imagine what they could do with Bielsa thank the starts he is the manager of a team that can only go up in fame and stature

Whitejock, Gessa and Irishshako like this.