1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Leeds Utd v Fulham

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Oct 21, 2022.

1. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Nah they come for the glory of wearing a bar code on their shirt. People also forget that aug wiedersehen pet was hugely popular internationally. It’s an outrageous insult to suggest it’s about the £.

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  2. foolee

foolee Well-Known Member

Are people seeing something different to what I’m seeing in Sinisterra? I can see flashes of a player but nothing more right now. Everyone moaning about taking him off but he gets knocked off the ball and has given the ball away countless times in the last two games. I think people have put him on a pedestal because it’s a similar signing to Raphinha however he’s yet to show he can do it on a regular basis like Raphinha could and even he was lazy at times.

Marsch needs to go now. Obviously a manager can’t get us scoring but he can change the team and the tactics. The tactics aren’t working and at least under Bielsa we were creating a lot of chances and therefore had more chance of scoring. We need a manager that can play wide so our wingers aren’t exposed and the midfield can protect the CB’s. I also don’t think we’re fit enough, players look so fed up, tired and demotivated.

3. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Bielsa had supposedly given the club a shortlist of three names to succeed him when the time came for him to leave. I can’t believe Marsch would’ve been one of them - so what happened?

Why allow Bielsa to totally transform everything at the club, from the training to the style of play, only to allow Marsch to rip it to shreds?

I thought the idea was to build on the foundations that Bielsa had laid, making it a seamless transition when he left. Obviously he left a couple of months before planned but that list would still have existed.

We’ve gone from a coach with class, renowned throughout the world and admired by his peers, to someone who’s the opposite of that.

Makes no sense whatsoever.

4. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Re. Sinisterra.

I see a player who can take players out of the game either with a pass or with a dribble. His weight of pass is fairly reliable and I cannot say that about any of our other attackers. Aaronson is next best btw.

He's the only one who regularly gets to the byline and crosses. He can also cut in and shoot and his shots tend to be decent, even from range. He can play with either foot.

The one thing I really like is his ability to get himself and the ball the wrong side of players. They either have to foul him (which they regularly do) or he can run at the defence.

I don't think he's lazy, he presses well and tracks back for the team.

He's our most dangerous player by a long way and if those around him buck their ideas up he will shine brighter than Raphinha.

bucks_is_leeds, blonogasoven and Doc like this.
  5. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think there is a fine line between common sense and gut feeling to relying too much on box ticking. After listening to Jesse on week one, my only positive was maybe he’d handle the “characters and personalities” that Bielsa would not entertain.

A tweak to Bielsas game plan and ditch man to man marking.

I assumed his appointment would mean Orta going out and signing all those players Bielsa said no to, Noa Lang for example.

It soon unfolds that we’ve gone from a coach who likes lots of wingers to one who doesn’t like them. From a coach who uses one defensive midfielder to a coach that needs two. We already suffered under Bielsa when KP was out, now we have to hope two players remain fit.

There was zero fluidity, like you I’m gobsmacked and that’s why I question Ortas position so much

6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I have stuck up for Orta a lot regarding players bought. However how can you study a coach for 2 years and think he is the ideal Bielsa replacement but plays nothing like Bielsa. Yes lots of running in the first 20 minutes but usually all on one side of the pitch, usually left side and expose your defenders? Has Marsch changed his style whilst out of work waiting for Leeds because the players who he had wwith him elsewhere dont seem to know what to do at Leeds?

bucks_is_leeds and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  7. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I’m not entirely anti Orta but like you, some of the big decisions have been humongous errors

8. blonogasoven

blonogasoven Well-Known Member

I think the biggest difference between JM and MB is that I can’t see players improving under JM. He may be good at getting an arm around their shoulder telling them that everything’s going to be ok but is he pushing them to get better on the training pitch.
    You either buy talent or build it.

ristac, Jammy 07 and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  9. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

You all know my feelings on orta. Stealing a living and I suspect a damn good one. After Liverpool stuff us he’ll be off in search of another coach. Main qualifications required will be that he’s currently unemployed and willing to work with a zero transfer kitty

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  10. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Best player on the field yesterday was Aaronson. The sinner man was good too and roca showed passion waving his arms and trying to get the side going. Ayling made a big difference to the right back position. He made himself available many times. One cross Was a sure goal but as usual we were too slow (Bamford).

OLOF and bucks_is_leeds like this.