1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Leeds Utd v Liverpool Match Thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Sep 9, 2021.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Leeds United v Liverpool
    Sunday 12th September @ 16:30 | Elland Road

Leeds have been dealt a massive blow after it was confirmed by FIFA that Raphinha will be banned on Sunday for the visit of Liverpool. FIFA took prompt action after the Brazilian FA asked the football governing body to invoke a five-day rule and prevent clubs from fielding players who did not report for international duty. Thiago Silva, Alisson, Roberto Firmino (injured), Gabriel Jesus, Ederson, Fabinho and Fred have also been implemented in the ban, though Everton's Richarlison have escaped punishment due to the good relations the Toffee's have with the South Americans. He also played in the Tokyo Olympics for them!

The Liverpool Echo report that the Reds are furious about losing Alisson and Fabinho for this weekend's clash at Elland Road and may defy the ban. If truth be told, Leeds have a much stronger case. Raphinha has yet to feature for Brazil, so has yet to pledge his elegance to his Country. Nobody can make you play for your national team; but if you have already featured, and are part of their national set up, they have a much stronger case.

Robin Koch is set to miss out again. Bielsa, described his condition as 'evolving, but he's not completely healthy just yet'. Sounds painful! Firpo and Klich should both return to the fold after Covid but Stuart Dallas is unlikely to feature for personal reasons. He also pulled out of the Northern Ireland squad last week!

Liverpool's 60m rated midfielder Naby Keita is expected to play. The Guinea star was caught up in an attempted coup in the capital city of Conakr earlier this week during International break.

Gessa, bucks_is_leeds and Jammy 07 like this.
  2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

The one good thing about this debacle is that we didnt lose all the players to International duty as we could have. Llorente and Rodrigo are still here and fully fit so will have been working maybe on a new midfield set up as Raphinha was still here (he may yet start) Klich too never went due to covid so he will have been out of isolation a while ago. Struijk and Llorente will have been working together as well as Harrison and Firpo. Hope Dallas has had some good news and is available but nobody seems to know what his problem is. Seriously hoping its not bad news in his family, fingers crossed

hemase and Irishshako like this.
  3. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Who runs our country the UK government or fifa/brazil
    All teams involved in the banning of players should ignore the ban and carry on regardless

4. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

I see the Premier League and The FA fighting back today for these players absolute farce.
    Don't see how Fifa can win this argument these players would of lost 14 days in quarantine.
    Brazil are just being complete cnuts they are actually hurting their own flesh and blood ie "players" by even trying to do this.
    It's kids in a playground stuff "you can't play with us, well you can't play with them either"
    I still expect every player to be playing this weekend.

Makemstine Roger, OLOF, Gessa and 2 others like this.
  5. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Afternoon all just defy the ban what can FIFA do? They can’t deduct us points, about time as a nation we started sticking two fingers up at the corrupt bastards

6. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

We should do the same to the FA :grin:

7. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Agree but I seriously can’t see how FIFA can enforce this punishment. Let’s say we play Raphinha what can FIFA do? Let’s say Radz takes them to court and said he didn’t want to play, he didn’t want to travel, he has human rights they would lose. Seriously ****em

8. 2 pennth

In other news Japan have withdrawn from hosting the Club World Cup because of Covid 19
    Wonder if FIFA will start to realise there is a world pandemic and withdraw their heads from up their own arses

9. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Whilst I totally agree with what you're saying this is not something we should get involved with.

If Liverpool or Scum wish to take on FIFA let them get on with it. We need to remain fully focused on elevating our club back to elite status not fighting a war with the games governing body.

10. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

I don’t know the ins and outs of football politics but I’m guessing every league will be signed up to some FIFA protocol. The five day ban was introduced to stop teams like scum withdrawing players for spurious injuries only to be fit for their club the following weekend. I’m presuming if the national FA ignore the FIFA ruling FIFA removes their right to play in affiliated tournaments, which could mean no international football for any player playing in the premier league. I’m probably wrong but I guess we’ll see at the weekend if they play or not.

11. Irishshako

But yet Evertons Brazillian can play.Nothing to do with FIFA I know, but remember scum getting permission(Ithink) not to play the FA cup one year, so they could fly out to play some cup or some sort of tournament. The rules are bent when ever it suits.<ok>

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  12. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

But our own league said no you can’t send players, our own FA should be fighting this.

13. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

14. Poly

Poly Well-Known Member

They can ban us so no-one will play us. Relegation, multi-million fine. That's what FIFA can do
    FIFA would also ban any team/players who played us

Now if we defied the ban and the rest of European football stood with us, the European clubs would win. But be honest, when have English, let alone foreign, clubs lifted a finger to help Leeds ? Indeed they go out of their way to f**k us (Spy-Gate, points deduction etc)
    We'd be isolated and ostracized.

15. 2 pennth

We are not just talking us(Leeds) there are other clubs involved

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  16. Irishshako

My drunken phonecall worked so.<party>

17. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

As good as he is, let’s take the piss and not play Raphinha. We don’t need him to beat this lot :biggrin:

18. Irishshako

<laugh> start him on the bench:grin:

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  19. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

I'm a bit disappointed. Liverpool would have been far weaker without their three and I would have liked to see Summerville at some point.

20. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

Hard game but we always do better against top teams, having said that United just got a lucky one<whistle>

southernwhite likes this.