1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Leeds Utd v Manchester United

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Apr 21, 2021.

1. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He said “contenders” ;)

2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Me personally, I’d replace Harrison, Bamford and Costa before Dallas in the middle. I’m not saying sell Bamford it’s just I don’t see the middle being a major weakness in the system we play. Dallas is 30 but so is Rodrigo, Bielsa will put Dallas down on the team sheet ahead of Rodrigo each and every time.

We might replace Roberts with a better number 10 but it will leave Rodrigo out in the cold, who knows what Bielsa is thinking...

3. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

I listened to some podcast last night. Victor Orta was on and was asked about next season. it was aired about a month ago.
    I had to put subtitles on but he said they want quality over quantity in the next Transfer window.
    Said they are looking at holding a 17-18 playing squad but of quality.
    So my reading is they rather have 18 quality players to 24 players of mixed quality.
    So it all depends who Bielsa thinks is that quality from the current batch.
    If this is all true (why would Orta Lie) Some current players will be let go of.
    Also I picked up on these players coming in will be young and hungry.
    Victor was asked about new player rumours and said believe nothing from these transfer websites as all are clickbaiting. (wanting hits on there websites)
    I personally used to be a massive rumour reader but I don't read them anymore because of the same reason.
    They all know a story on Leeds brings a barrage of hits.
    TalkSport always do the same and are doing it right now on saying Bielsa to Spurs would be a good thing.
    They always get one of their punters to drive up a story so they get the click click click click on their social media outlets.

LeedsInHeaven and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

No difference to what we have now mate 17-18 first teamers back-filled with U23s. We will be losing Alioski, Berardi, Pablo and maybe Forshaw and Costa or even Roberts and Kiko. So 7 potential players out and we will see at least 3 new players coming in

SIDDAS likes this.
  5. LeedsInHeaven

LeedsInHeaven Well-Known Member

I listen to talksport most nights, I work outside at night so there aren't many good options. 10-1am is Goldstein and Cundy and they do talk a lot of s#!t. 1am onwards is Paul Ross, a lot better