1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Leeds Utd v West Ham

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

We can't defend. Stupid frees given away, lazy tracking back.

OLOF likes this.
  2. Irishshako

I would sell Roberts and Costa to the blm

OLOF likes this.
  3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Costa £15m vs Raphinha £17m - One looks a bargain

4. Irishshako

So Costa is out....:grin: He looked like he didn't care.:(

OLOF and ristac like this.
  5. Irishshako

or Matt Smith:grin:

6. foolee

foolee Well-Known Member

I usually do player ratings but I’m not going to bother after that. Don’t think anyone deserves above a 5/6. I took it last week that we were beaten by the better side but I didn’t expect to look that **** against West Ham. We were the poorest I’ve seen us all season.

When we’ve got a midfield of Rodrigo, Raphinha, Klich & Harrison we should be making more chances than we did. The midfield seriously need to start pitching in with the goals and creating chances as the last two game we’ve lacked creativity. We’ve been passing around at the back and no one has even been showing for it. Absolutely poor.

I think we looked championship last night. West Ham set up well and were solid. They’re better than the Championship sides that do the same thing as they have better players so we need to start being a bit more clever and quick. We’ve been so slow at bringing the ball out that the other team just go back into their shape they’ve been practicing all week. I think Bielsa will be fuming with the players after that performance. Just looked sloppy and never got going.

Right to ship Alioski and Harrison but what was the Bamford sub all about? I think he’d have been better off taking Rodrigo off and putting Hernandez on.

We desperately need Ayling at RB and Dallas at LB as we don’t look the same without that structure. What’s happened to Harrison? Confidence gone? He’s not even doing the defensive work of his game well now...

So many questions after that performance and not many answers. It’s a worry that when Klich doesn’t play well we seem to lose. Need another power house like him in midfield for when he’s not up to it and I don’t think Rodrigo is the answer. There’s a reason why we’ve looked better with Dallas in the middle, his work rate and defensive work is telling as I don’t think Rodrigo wants to do it.

Very negative post I know but it’s very hard to take any positives from last night. Let’s just hope we improve on it as if we don’t I think we’re in for a long season.

Jammy 07, Whitejock, OLOF and 6 others like this.
  7. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Think that’s a pretty accurate summary foolee. The whole side looked leggy to me, build up pedestrian, and klich who normally provides the main link/impetus couldn’t get in the game and was poor when he did. Don’t know whether having Rodrigo in there stopped him from playing his normal game or whether he was just not at the races physically.

Jammy 07 and foolee like this.
  8. Irishshako

You are right, it was the poorest display of the season.<ok>

OLOF, Markovitch and foolee like this.
  9. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

When Roberts came on I thought he was going to swap positions with Rodrigo, I thought Rodrigo would occupy Bamford position and Roberts fill in behind... I didn’t get why we play a £27m player out of position and play Roberts as the striker.

10. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Me too. That to me shows that Bielsa doesn't want Rodrigo as a 9. Not sure why we signed him to be honest.

ristac and foolee like this.

11. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

To be honest the team that was put out last night totally confused me and by watching the game the players also looked confused and as the game went on we looked tired. The confused part is that Sturijk was good enough to play against Liverpool from the start but not good enough to line up alongside Cooper (who i personally think is poor, not a leader and should be dropped) Ayling was trying to do two jobs and was burnt out in the end, Dallas and Alioski are not full backs, i have said before we need a LB desperately.
    Bielsa has done wonders with the team in two years, BUT the majority are Championship players and we are being found out, the high press is being counter pressed by the opposition and before long we shall get punished.
    A friend of mine called me today and has said if the results go our way today we shall be alright !!!! we should not be relying on other teams but the league position is not looking too good at this moment in time.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    Jammy 07, OLOF, Markovitch and 2 others like this.
  12. foolee

foolee Well-Known Member

Not that he’s not a good player but I don’t think if he played in the 9 he’d bring more than Bamford does to the team and he does lack the all round game required in Bielsaball in midfield. Money might’ve been better spent on De Paul as midfield is where we need the improvement at the moment.

Yes defensively we’re making mistakes but our defence hasn’t been consistent since the start of the season and I’m hopeful that we’ll improve in that aspect however lacking creativity against better sides than last season could come back to haunt us.

13. Markovitch

Markovitch Active Member

Hi chaps just paying a quick visit, it's a while since I posted. Yesterday both goals came from crap decision making. Harrisons stupid 'effort' trying to run the ball out giving away an unnecessary corner and Costa with his pathetic and unnecessary tackle/foul near the penalty box. Its prevention as much as cure. Stop doing them in the first place ffs. Similar with Rodrigo too, but he got away with one. I think West Ham must have had at least 5 uncontested headers in the penalty box which is totally unacceptable, 2 of which resulted in goals and some great saves. Midfield needs tightening up to eradicate the big gaps we leave when a lot of the team are in the opposition's penalty box too. Wish I could be more positive but any more performances like last night and we will be looking over our shoulders that's for sure.

14. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

He cares only about his stupid haircut........

And the Black Panthers .
    **** him off

15. Irishshako

Welcome back Marko, not seen you for a while. Good assessment <ok>

Markovitch and ristac like this.
  16. Irishshako

and take roberts with him.<ok>

southernwhite, Infidel and OLOF like this.
  17. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

I'm gonna throw this out there.....

Would pushing Rodrigo up top and playing Pablo in midfield have given us more control?

Would we have more points if we still had Pontus?

I don't want to question Bielsa as he is a genius in my eyes but is his weakness not burying the hatchet with players if they fall out? Is it a strength?

Irishshako and OLOF like this.
  18. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

I was gonna mention something about Pontus earlier today but was working, i'm glad you brought it up Emu, i think if we had him in our team we wouldn't have conceded so many goals, especially at set pieces, yes Bielsa is a genius for what he has achieved thus far, but he was wrong to get rid of Pontus in my humble opinion.
    Seems a bit of a stubborn **** though, could be costly.

Irishshako likes this.
  19. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

For all of the Cooper haters on here - did you not register the world class pass through the middle to Bamford that led to the penalty?

Thought not, given the comments & ratings.

It would have been a ****fest if it had been Pablo, but no, let's continue to blame Cooper for everything, same as every other year. FFS. <doh>

Cooper could score 5 in a match but would still be ripped apart for a loose pass that led to nothing. Supporters? Nope, think they're supporters.

You know who you are.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  20. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Got to agree with you. Barely won a header in the box since he left.

OLOF likes this.