1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Leeds Utd v Wigan Athletic

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

He has played a level above the championship.

2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

And we have all those players on four and five year contracts, Philips gone and 15m owing on Costa. Promotion is a must this season

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  3. Leedsoflondon

No we don't know anything about JKA but we do know that Tyler Roberts isn't prolific. Why not try the unknown rather than the known in the hope he suddenly changes?

4. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

There is a growing number that seem to want Bielsa gone anyway. All I'd say to them is, be careful what you wish for.

5. Leedsoflondon

Then why did Bielsa sanction the signing, if he has a bad attitude?

6. Leedsoflondon

Not me, but he's gone anyway if we're not promoted.

7. Eireleeds1

Cant imagine fans wanting that but he won't stay around forever. His successor won't have an easy job, not that Leeds is ever that

8. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

A great tactician that refuses to change / rotate / rest players or change formation.

Doesn't make sense

9. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Was reading an article earlier with interviews from fans, stating they think he's taken us as far as he can and it may be better if we look elsewhere, was going to post it but can't find it.

I think wakey and Ell are probably in that camp too

Jammy 07 and Whitejock like this.
  10. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Needs must maybe

11. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Its a long hard physical season, and without rotating we will come short.

He's a brilliant man, but blinkered.

You can't give away your tactics and team every week and not expect your opponents to find a way of stopping you.

12. Eireleeds1

Personally haven't reached that point. Its obvious where the problems are and they've been done to death. However there is a third of the season remaining so the situation is fixable but Bielsa is only one who can do it. I don't think the present 11 will see us over the line. Bielsa now has other options. If he tries them and they don't work then so be it. At least hell have tried and that's football. However, if he sticks with present starting eleven for month of February and were no longer in the top two, then yes, I can see his support rapidly declining

13. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

He’s on the spectrum. Like a lot of geniuses. Brilliant at what he’s brilliant at but not brilliant at everything.

Everyone knows what we’re going to do, but how many actually stop it. Just because we lose a game doesn’t mean we’ve been figured out. The stats are the same week in week out, win lose or draw. Whether we win or lose is as almost always down to what we do... miss chances, concede stupid goals - not some tactical assessment by the opposition.

That doesn’t worry me in the slightest. What does worry me that his obsession and drive can’t be matched by others over a whole season... and as I’ve said too many times probably, I fear that the burn out that many say doesn’t exist (including bielsa) but that has fairly consistently happened to bielsa sides, is a mental fatigue more than anything. He flogs his players in a way few others do.

14. Normanbitmyleg70

Normanbitmyleg70 Well-Known Member

15. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Its a long hard physical season, and without rotating we will come short.

Absolute pish! If you'd watched the play-off games at the end of the season, you'd have noted that not one player was fatigued. They were still running longer & harder than their opposition - who, funnily enough, had rotated.

He's a brilliant man, but blinkered.

Tell me a top manager who wasn't. Their way or the highway, every one of them.

You can't give away your tactics and team every week and not expect your opponents to find a way of stopping you.

Well oddly enough, if you listen to the 'experts' on here, we've only ever had Plan A & use the same small numbers of players all the time. So what exactly is he revealing? We can all fairly accurately guess the tactics & line-ups, so what makes you so sure the opposition can't without his revelations?

You're really disappointing me, Ell. You criticise Bielsa on a daily basis now. Didn't hear it earlier in the season when we were winning game after game - when there was still no rotation, always Plan A, always the same few players, & Bielsa just as stubborn / blinkered. Didn't hear you complaining about it when it worked in our favour, did we? Some fan. And to boot, you've still not even seen Bielsa's team in the flesh to see the hard work off the ball that the cameraman doesn't capture either. You might then appreciate just how fit & dedicated these players are. Their inability to score is absolutely nothing to do with anything you've mentioned in this post. Nothing! We create more chances & have more shots than any other team. We just can't convert it into goals. Not just Bamford - the whole bloody lot of them. They all have their chances & fluff them. All of them.

16. lifecheshirewhite

Think some have figured us out for sure, Gary Monk, figured Reading out who were playing the knock it around possession game, when we beat them, we've never beat a Gary Monk team since.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  17. Whitejock

18. Eireleeds1

19. Whitejock

What happened? I rarely do twitter these days.

20. Eireleeds1

Here it is Jock. Worth reading the different views of Leeds fans. Click on blue bit 257 people talking about this to get a feeling

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020