1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds Utd Weekend Debate - 26th July

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Hi all

There are a couple of issues that really need the club to clarify, mainly on the keeper situation and CB roles.

Today squad numbers were issued and kiko now gets number 13 which was the number our England U21 keeper had last season. - Where is Huffer because Miazek h playing back up to kiko this Summer. BPF is still missing so is he being transffered or is he injured? Josh rae was released a few weeks ago and then is sat on the bench at Taddy whilst a Sunderland reject was between the posts as a 'trialist'. Burnley are supposed to be chasing BPF? and Kiko is being chased by Seville? Rae has had trials with Blackburn and Wigan so far but is still around this weekend as he's in Sardinia whilst Miazek plays against Girona?

On the squad numbers I notice we have no number for Huffer, so is he gone? and the following players also have no number:
    Tom Pearce
    Nessy
    Nicell
    Edmondson
    Struijk

The last 2 names worry me because it looks like we are sending both out on loan which surely leaves us short up front and at CB?

Maybe numbers will be allocated once the transfer window closes which means we have a new CB and striker due in? or its a screw up?

Numbers still not allocated are: (Which shows we are light)

7:15 Saturday sees a fairly strong Leeds Utd go up against a strong Cellino side which includes an International striker. Hope for no more injuries

Tomoz we also field a couple of first teamers with some U23s to kick the shyt out of Girona and Samu Saiz

ristac and Whitejock like this.
  2. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Was just musing there - do you think Saiz in the Girona team might have had an influence on our squad picks? Just wondering if Bielsa might think that some of our players might want to injure him (for whatever reason caused him to leave so quickly with zero fanfare). Or perhaps vice versa?

Just a muse, but you never know. :)

3. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Doc, Cagliari aren't Cellino's club, he's now the owner of Brescia

Leedsoflondon, ristac and Doc like this.
  4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Should be official in the next couple of days that Gareth Bale is going to China for £1m per week!!!

He bets paid £32m per year with Madrid so gets himself a little pay rise. He will be leaving on a free and a golden goodbye from Madrid.footy is crazy and Bale leaves for money not football. No club could afford his wages so he refused to take a pay cut and move to a top club. Greedy Welsh twat

5. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Could we not have got him for a tenner on loan and promised 200m if promoted

6. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

There's no need to call him greedy or a twat, Welsh is clearly a sufficient insult.

7. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I intended to report Anglophile racism on this forum, but held back as it's frequented mainly by Irish, Scottish and Australian ****ers. <ok>

8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

So Josh Rae also played for Huddersfield Town earlier in the week on trial? He's now doing back up tonight against Brescia? Some batshit crazy decisions being made this Summer on CBs and keepers. One CB we let go walks straight into a top flight CL Spanish team. That says he was worth money and besides that he was a class act. Hugo Diaz La Liga and Champions League player.

9. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Ahh, you say the nicest things

anigif_enhanced-9324-1390971678-11.gif

10. Eireleeds1

After all the ridiculous Pre seasons in recent times, doesn’t it feel great to have such a carefully hatched master plan this summer

MIGHTY likes this.

11. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Don’t look into pre season too much.

Last season I went to watch us play Southend and we were poor. A couple of weeks later when the serious stuff started we were awesome.

There’s a method in the madness.

MIGHTY likes this.
  12. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to Matt and co from a coll wet Bardsey
    Well I wish I could understand the logical of team selection sending a keeper that we had let go!
    No mention of BPF and Gibson whilst some paper are mentioning Hughill who is not a prolific scorer more a barn door Billyand Darlow would not be any better than the clowns we have already
    Baffling is the word

Doc likes this.
  13. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

What happened to in Bielsa we trust.
    I hav'nt a glue what is going on, but then again I believe ignorance is bliss.
    One week and a day to go and all will be revealed.
    Morning by the way.

14. Eireleeds1

There’s lots of trust still in Bielsa. It’s whoever came up with the brainstorm of flying half a squad to Australia you’d wonder about

15. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Good morning all

Just want all this transfer speculation to finish now (roll on Sunday 4th August) I don’t think we will see any more signings before then,what you see now is what you get.As far as the talk went, about kiko possibly moving on, that was just what it was paper talk.if he was thinking of moving he would have been gone by now, as Bielsa won’t tolerate anyone who’s not 100% committed to the cause,as far as a centre back goes,I am sure that role at the start of the season at least will be Ben Whites,that’s why Bielsa brought him in, so we shall see how he fares.Probably wrong on the lot of it,and we shall sign Gareth bale on a free,and a wages cut,because he always wanted to play for Leeds United,under one of the worlds top coaches. ;)

MIGHTY likes this.
  16. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

17. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

tou have fooked up the quote system <doh>

18. Alf Hooker

Alf Hooker Well-Known Member

It should be 'in Bielsa i'm baffled'

wakeybreakyheart and MIGHTY like this.
  19. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

morning Alf :emoticon-0150-hands<cheers>

20. Alf Hooker

Alf Hooker Well-Known Member

Morning me old mate :emoticon-0150-hands <hug> hows it hanging?