1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds v Brum highlights

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by LeedsLover, Sep 13, 2017.

1. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

Another win, another 3 points, another clean sheet.

Birmingham weren't Burton, and that was plain to see.

Birmingham came to play and they didn't play a bad game, they made it hard for us, but we persevered by digging in and not giving up.

Were we playing with complacency after the Burton win, possibly, or were we brought back down to earth by a better team than Burton. Brum had 52% of possession, 14 shots and 5 on target, same number of shots on target as leeds, difference being, we put 2 shots in back of the onion bag and Brum couldn't.

What Brum provided is an insight to what Leeds can expect from other bigger teams, but it also makes you wonder, how long can we keep going unbeaten, and how many games can we keep clean sheets.

I don't think we had the best of midfield tbh, I think it was close with Brum having the upper hand.

Second half was a better half for us, but Brum tried their best to stop us dictating the game, and they succeeded from time to time but couldn't stop us going forward and getting through and around their defence, which I put down to our never say die attitude and total commitment to the game and each other.

Lasogga ran himself rigid and put in a good shift, match fitness will come for him.

Could'nt understand the Alioski subbing, but TC would've seen something.

I'd say it was a hard ground out win, which we'll probably see more of in future games. Brum were certainly no easy beats today, they put up a good fight which, by all accounts did us a lot of good in that the players will learn what to expect from other bigger teams.

Good fought out win, top of league thanks to PNE and goals from Saiz and Dallas.....

TC's interview with LS11

Dallas and Pontus with Emma

Fans at Birmingham game

added, Eddie Gray growing up, joining Leeds and meeting the Don.

ellandback and Farsleyexile like this.
  2. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Genuine no malice intended response ok but, that has to be the total difference with being there because A) Lasogga did not run himself rigid (I rave about the guy but he had not much more energy than me) and B) the Alioski subbing was begging to happen. Forget reputations, forget affection for the player and previous performances, he had to go off, he was garbage tonight.

wakeybreakyheart and Whitejock like this.
  3. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Seconded by an Alioski fan. He just never got started. And further agree re. Lasogga.

Btw, LL, to think that we were 'complacent', or 'brought down to earth' is a foolish notion - one that supposes our performance against Burton was the norm. It wasn't. It was exceptional, and the best EVER in the Championship, by a long, long way. And Brum brought no surprises to the game - TC got what he expected, as he recounted on the radio.

Have to disagree with you re. each half's performance. I thought we did ok in the first half, but faced wave after wave of attacks during the second. Not saying I'm right. Just my impression. Our passing was substandard in both halves.

And just to sum up the game, Brum could have won it if they'd taken their chances - and boy, did they have chances.

2 pennth, leeds60 and Marcos Barber like this.
  4. Marcos Barber

Couldn't be bothered to sound like I had an agenda but, yep, first half we weren't too bad, second half we were bossed.

Whitejock likes this.
  5. LeedsLover

Pontus Jansson would disagree with you, and your side kick Jock.....:emoticon-0148-yes:

6. LeedsLover

Well,, looks llike you and Jock disagree with both me and Noel Whelan, he was there and I watched game live on puter.

Is Jock hanging off your shirt tales or something......:emoticon-0136-giggl

I simply said couldn't understand why Alioski was subbed, but Tc must've seen something....:emoticon-0148-yes:

7. Marcos Barber

This is not about point scoring but what player is going to stand there after winning and going top of the league and say "they outplayed us second half"? So many interviews are bravado, especially when the adrenaline is still pumping. What they say in private may be quite different.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Whitejock and ristac like this.
  8. Marcos Barber

First time I had seen Alioski live and was really looking forward to it. There were many candidates for being substituted but he and Hernandez were front of the queue.

You need to get over your digs - WJ and I don't stand / sit together and spoke for less than 2 minutes after the game (remarkably, nothing about you) so, perhaps, we are both just saying the same things as each other because we were at the same game?

I raved about Hernandez and Roofe Saturday. I think neither were particularly good last night. For those that can't go, I think an honest view is more useful than always raving about or slating the same players if you see what I mean??

Whitejock likes this.
  9. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Agr
    Agreed and i value those little match reports those who went to the game.the thing is you get to see a much wider view and can see those players off the ball too.perhaps he will use his squad now its big enough.

10. LeedsLover

And you obviously know that for a fact then...<doh>

During the interview with Emma, and her tits, which you probably re-watched the interview to check what he said, Pontus said first half wasn't so brilliant but we improved in second half. Why do I, or anyone, other than you of course have cause to disbelieve him, are you saying Pontus is a regular liar then?

By your comments, are you also saying the likes of TC and Eddie are also telling big porkies?......:emoticon-0148-yes:

11. LeedsLover

Reason I said I couldn't understand Alioski's subbing was answered by you in your first paragraph, thank you.

Digs, Digs, what digs?

I never said you and Jock were talking about me, you brought that up. I merely asked if Jock was hanging off your shirt tails cos he always gives you a like when you have a dig at me, and I don't fall for your no malice charade.

I find it hilarious that Jock gives you a like after every time you try to shoot me down, what's even more hilarious is, Jock is liking your replies without knowing what you're replying to, don't you find that hilarious Marcos, or do you do same type of thing.

You're entitled to say the same things about games, makes no difference to me, I just said Pontus would disagree with you, and he played, and Noel Whelan would disagree with you, and he was there, same as you and Jock were. Just goes to show you Marcos, whether you're at game, watching on puter or listening on radio / puter, people will view things differently and have different opinions, just like you and Jock had different opinions to me, Pontus and Noel Whelan.....it happens..:emoticon-0148-yes:

12. Marcos Barber

You just can't help yourself can you?

Rednapp thought they outplayed us second half, Dyche thinks Wood is a good player, the new improved Leeds doesn't include Cellino, Bellusci, Antenucci, Bianci or Adryan but if someone agrees with you on HITC it vindicates everything you say, making you a smart 4rse in your own mind.

Don't let me upset you so much, you lost all credibility for me when you were outed as a liar :emoticon-0148-yes:

wakeybreakyheart and Whitejock like this.
  13. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thomas Christiansen: "It's just a situation at the moment. If you tell me it's the last game and we're in that position I would be happy, proud and all that you can say about that. But right now, don't give me anything. It puts a bit more pressure on the team because everyone now wants to beat Leeds.

"The performance was not the best, but if you still take the three points you have to be proud. What we have done until now is a high level."

Harry Redknapp: "We completely dominated the second half. One-way traffic wasn't it? We just couldn't get a break when we needed it and then obviously, we're pushing six forwards up the pitch to try and get a goal and you get done on the counter-attack.

Marcos Barber and Whitejock like this.
  14. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh>

<laugh><laugh><laugh> Not as hilarious as we find your reaction!

:huh::huh::huh: WTF are you talking about? Meds kicking in, perhaps? Why wouldn't I know what Marcos is replying to?

<laugh><laugh><laugh> Oh really? Have a look through this thread alone for evidence that it clearly DOES make a difference to you

<laugh><laugh><laugh> The hits just keep on coming. You just don't know when to shut up, do you? Pontus was fired up, as Marcos pointed out. He was also talking from a defensive perspective, and he's evidently confusing a good performance with effectiveness. I guess you failed to listen to Dallas in the same interview, or 'Arry? But then, their opinions don't match yours, so they must be wrong. <doh>[/QUOTE]

Marcos Barber likes this.
  15. davy

davy Well-Known Member

'LL, you've been more rational lately and I was publicly willing to give you the benefit of the doubt - but after that sh1te, no more.

You're the queen of the snide dig, and invented the "No malice but...." disclaimer.

Back to sad and valueless wummery, and not even very good at it. Plough on regardless, I'm one poster who won't know who you are going forward.

16. wakeybreakyheart

[/QUOTE]
    ;) i gave up ages ago.

17. wakeybreakyheart

wise descision

Whitejock likes this.
  18. wakeybreakyheart

one point ref pablo a few posters were saying he can't do two games a week.seems to me at the pace tommy want's to play rotation is coming .

Marcos Barber likes this.
  19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I expected Pablo and Anita out last night but by the looks of things Tommy has told them that they have a good game they get on the next team sheet. You run out of legs & subbed you may miss the next game. So a good policy for me. Seems simple but I couls be way off the mark and Tommy picks a team to beat whats in front of him?

20. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Agree with all that as mentioned in previous post I too felt our passing was substandard which made Birmingham look better than they were. PS watched the game twix iPhone and IPad so had limited view

Whitejock likes this.