1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds v Derby highlights

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by LeedsLover, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Enjoyed the highlights clips, thanks LL

2. CreativeMenace

CreativeMenace Active Member

Only benefit of the doubt i can give to BPF is that Holmes had no reason to still be charging at him, keeper was collecting it easily. BPF may have assumed he was going to be really barged which can obviously be very dangerous when he's well off the ground. Defensive precaution taken but i may be being generous.

3. JonnyLosAngeles

JonnyLosAngeles Well-Known Member

I’m supportive of BPF and feel some of our fans have been overly critical of him.

I agree with LL 100%, he was very lucky not to conceded a penalty and get sent off. Really irrelevant what anyone else did at other times in this match. Overall, a poor performance by the officials. Interestingly, this referee had a high yellow and red card count prior to this game.

Also agree with Shako - best performance given how well every player played. Found myself hardly groaning due to errors.

4. JonnyLosAngeles

JonnyLosAngeles Well-Known Member

This is why the term “intent/intentional” was replaced by “deliberate/deliberately” in the Laws of the Game a number of years ago.

Intent is in the mind, refereeing does not include mind reading. Deliberate can be evaluated based on action taken.

5. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Don’t think anyone is arguing that bpf wasn’t fortunate Jonny... people are pointing out that bpf chose to highlight it above other challenges because it was bpf.

Fascinated by the differentiation of deliberately v intentionally. Do the football law makers use different dictionaries to the rest of the world?

Perhaps they’ll change it again to ‘on purpose’ to clear it up <laugh><laugh>

6. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

It’s everyone’s “opinion”. LL you seem to think your opinion is fact. The forward was going for a ball that BPF had under complete control.
    BPF might have been protecting himself by raising his boot because of that. He might have wanted to give the forward a dig on purpose for having a go st him.
    He didn’t seem to make the contact the forward acted like he did hence lack of injury. Another ref might have given a penalty but this one didn’t and others might have agreed with this one so don’t see your point. But my original point is you seem to think your opinion is “right”.

OLOF and Whitejock like this.
  7. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

What winds me up is a ****ing so called Leeds fan slagging one of our own off when the Derby players couldn't beat us at football so tried roughhouse tactics and still couldn't win, ****'em I will back our players 100% BFP did **** all wrong and the ref agreed

8. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Ok I've now watched the clip several times and I revert to my original thought the derby player was acting. I can assure you if you kick somebody in the head they stay down, they don't flip their ankles up theatrically and role about they drop like a stone. They certainly don't get up and play football again, well not the same day.

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 11.32.04 am.png

Next

9. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

No WC, you've responded to my opinions in past.

10. LeedsLover

The point people are making LL is that you have your favourites and your pet hates, and defend/attack them at every opportunity. When Alioski got slated by everyone for diving a while back you were conspicuous with your lack of comment

The point is, I made a comment about BPF's actions against Holmes, deliberate actions, the camera fully exposes that. People are not solely commenting on the BPF incident, they're making excuses for him by trying to sidetrack and mention other incidents during the game.

I've mentioned previously there were other harsh tackles in the game, but 2 wrongs don't make a right. Irrespective of other tackles during game, and there'll be others in other games, BPF's actions were deliberate, and that was my point.

On this occasion I happen to think you’re right to a certain degree. I’m not sure why bpf extended his leg, it certainly risked a red card/penalty. I’m guessing he thought the guy was coming in for a late hit... and it was kind of instinctive.

Cheers for the acknowledgement Milkyboy, however, and with respects, I can't be right to a certain degree, on this occasion it's all in or nothing.

The camera shows BPF's actions were not instinctive, but deliberate. Whether Holmes was coming in for a late hit, as you put it, or not, it does not give BPF the right to lift his leg and put his studs in Holmes face, no player has that right.

Where I think you’re going over the top here is, the risk of serious injury... the guy himself had just come in with a high boot in the previous challenge. Bpf's Studs were showing but he wasn’t lunging forward, there was no weight behind it. The guy’s momentum made him run into bpf, but he shouldn’t have been running into his studs to challenge for a ball he had no hope with in the first place. So the comment ‘Could have put Holmes out of the game for good or worse?’ Is just being sensationalist.

Not going over the top, or being a sensationalist. Again, the point being made was about BPF's intentional actions with his boot. Irrespective of what Holmes did just prior is irrelevant, and is no excuse or warranted sidetrack for what BPF did. People keep referring to other tackles in game, and what Holmes did prior to the BPF incident, they're all irrelevant.

What Holmes was doing to get the ball is the same thing we have seen our players do occasionally, and the same can be said of other players from other teams.

BPF's studs were showing cos he raised his lower leg after looking at Holmes, he purposely raised his leg and showed his studs to Holmes face. As I previously mentioned, unless Holmes was feigning, BPF could easily have took Holmes eye out, that's not being sensationalist. On this occasion the ref was a dipstick as the rules clearly state what happens if studs are raised. We've seen our players and other players get yellow carded for tackling low with raised studs.

I had this raised studs argument a while back, and white jock claimed he'd never heard of that rule, yet it's been around for donkey's years; one of the reasons it was brought in, is to help avoid injuries to other players heads and faces when they lowered their body to head a ball, and when both players were on ground after a tackle, the other reasons are obvious.

To say Holmes momentum made him run into BPF's studs, and he shouldn't have been running into BPF's studs is, how can I say it without being disrespectful, the wrong thing to say. Firstly, it says BPF was showing his studs, whether there was weight behind it or not, secondly, it says BPF was wrong.

Raised studs in any tackle is dangerous, that's why players get yellow carded or sent off, but to have raised studs in a players face? how dangerous do you deem that to be...........more importantly, would you like it done to you..........that's aimed at everyone in general by the way.

We all have our favourites and pet hate players milkyboy, no ones any different on this forum.

So let me say this in general,

Hands up all those who called for Saiz to be banned, or kicked off team for spitting.

Hands up all those who called for Berardi to be sent back and kicked off team after his first red card for his waist high tackle, that some called a karate kick.

Hands up all those who called for Belluschi to be kicked off team after a couple of bad tackles, or his alleged racist remark at Jerome of Norwich.

Hands up all those who call for a player to be red carded after tackling our players with studs showing.

Football is football, we all know that, but BPF was wrong in deliberately putting his studs in Holmes face. The camera clearly shows it.

No malice milkyboy.......:emoticon-0148-yes:

11. LeedsLover

Does that make what BPF did right then Eccers?

12. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Why what did he do?.

13. LeedsLover

While you were watching the vid of the incident, did you notice BPF look at Holmes after catching the ball, then raised his boot to show his studs, by the way, BPF has 6 studs on his boot.

BPF didn't raise his boot slightly, he raised it deliberately at Holmes face.

Contact was made, and the camera clearly shows it, looks like a slide across the cheek/ear, but contact was made.

I'm surprised you didn't mention those points Ristac.

Holmes is a smaller player, but the rules don't make exceptions for smaller players.

The commentators also commented on there not being any marks on Holmes face.

Forza may well have been right in what he said about the ref, but in general, it doesn't give BPF the right to do what he did.

14. wakeybreakyheart

No marks <laugh><laugh><laugh> but if he made contact should have been..

15. wakeybreakyheart

Nice dive from the asshole there.

Eric Le Merde likes this.
  16. wakeybreakyheart

Im with you feck em all they tried it and lost

OLOF likes this.
  17. Markovitch

Markovitch Active Member

After tge match did the commentators pick up on the cynical/dirty tackles made by Derby where at least one red should have been shown? We all know that they would if that had been a Leeds player.Oh wait a minute..

ristac, wakeybreakyheart and OLOF like this.
  18. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

FFS! I blame the NHS. Trying to save money by cutting down on AdolfLover's meds. <doh>

I think it's escaped his notice that BPF was moving in a goal to goal direction & the dirty wee fcuker was moving in a lateral direction - i.e. perpendicular (at 90 degrees) to each other. I don't recall BPF sticking his boot out directly to his left. Straight ahead, as I recall. :emoticon-0170-ninja

Another thing to mention is that BPF was in the air & unable to change direction. The dirty wee fcuker was on the ground running & he deliberately charged into BPF, prolly trying to injure him (based on a number of his earlier tackles), but I'll be generous & say he was trying to dislodge the ball from BPF's hands. Either way, it's cheating. <yikes><yikes><yikes>

And I guess if it was cheating, Mr Moral Highground, **** Pampered, should have hooked him & banned him for life, requested the deduction of 200 points from Derby, & publicly committed Hari Kiri as a gesture of shame and remorse. But ****, being a ****, completely failed to notice this huge indiscretion. I'm sure there's a binoculars joke here I've missed. <whistle>

Gessa and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  19. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

On BPF he’d be well advised not to do that again, another ref would have sent him off. Whether you think he meant to hurt the guy, whether Derby did worse, is irrelevant. We can’t have our players doing stuff that risks us playing with 10 men.

On Clarke what I really liked was you got the feeling after 20 minutes that he was thinking ‘I’m as good or better’ than rest of team, could see the confidence grow by the minute. I think he destroys a FB like Eddie Gray could, but he’s also a bit more direct when the goal is near. He’s going to be quality, we need to go up or we’ll lose him at end of season.

JonnyLosAngeles and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  20. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

****in hell a blast from the past<ok>

Markovitch likes this.