1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds v Manchester United, League Cup 3rd Round

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by UIR - Kagawa Powa, Aug 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

You idiot <doh>

&#8220;Manchester United will play Leeds United at Elland Road on Tuesday 20 September, kick-off 19:45 BST.

Executive Members and qualifying Season Ticket holders can apply for tickets for this game online or by calling 0161 868 8000 from 08:00 BST Monday 5 September. The deadline for applications is midnight on Friday 9 September.

The Club has received an allocation of 3,000 tickets which are priced £31 for Adults, £21 for Over 65s and £16 for Under 16s.&#8221;

2. UIR - Kagawa Powa

UIR - Kagawa Powa New Member

It was 3000 as agreed by the clubs at WY Police. This was decided on September 3rd.

FA rules do state that a club is entitled to 15% of the total capacity but this is at the discretion of the local police and 2 clubs.

So our end was sold out.

3. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

The 3000 you asked for were sold out but you didnt ask for anymore!

UIR you seem a decent guy but a few of your pals on here are clueless

Alan you know Leeds don't have a shambolic support best around in fact.

I commented because I wasn't embarrassed by the performance, the game got ahead of a few of our younger players and ur 2nd or 3rd team kept the ball well, fergie is a great manager and gets **** players doing their jobs very well. At the end of the day Leeds dont have a good enough team or squad to go on a good run so Im happy we are out and can now concentrate on the league and trying to make a play off place.

4. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

But this was the figure both clubs and police agreed was best.

Anyway, thanks for the banter and yes Leeds do have passionate followers.

Good luck for the season ahead <ok>

5. The-Don

At the end of the day its a game of football, no need for violence, no need for mocking death!!!

I want Leeds to be back in the Premiership so we can get atmospheres like that every week, we deserve that every week with the amount of money it costs us

6. TuckersLaw

TuckersLaw Member

When Leeds were outsung - it is because of the placement of microphones, except of course when they want to draw attention to something shameful being sung.

Let me guess, the microphones were moved back for the bad chants right?

:biggrin:

7. AdamBanana20

AdamBanana20 New Member

I think we would of beaten this man utd team don't forget Carrick and Valencia played out of position...
    Yeah your fans are really good.

8. The-Don

Dont be stupid!!!

9. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

I was just thinking, all those ManUre fans singing Istanbul songs must be plastic or have very short memories. It wasn't that long ago they played the Ali Sami Yeni & walked through a darkened tunnel with a bright neon sign saying welcome to hell. Perhaps we should have reminded them of that as they strode out onto the hallowed turf of Elland Road. Then all their plastics might have thought twice about inappropriate singing.

Incidently, inappropriate singing in Scotland can now get a game suspended or stopped & the relevant club fined. Maybe that would focus a few minds a bit if ManUre were to lose a game or a few points for the singing of their fans. That'd give Fergie something to moan about.

10. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

I heard those Istanbul chants with my own ears when Leeds fans were booing your lot in possession. And noise doesn't travel well across Elland Road. But you continue with your obtuse infatuation with Sky-modified fan one-upmanship. Both sets of fans were very passionate and it was a good derby/rival atmosphere. Shame we got mullered on the pitch, but it's the cup and we'll get over it with a decent comeback performance at Brighton on Friday, one hopes.

YNBK, they did sell out their allocation of 3,000.

11. rednoodles

rednoodles Member

And the really best part is that it helps Man Utd to be the richest club in England and probably the world unlike..........

12. UIR - Kagawa Powa

UIR - Kagawa Powa New Member

There was plenty of scum from both sides at the game last night. The Man Utd fans were highlighted as we are the biggest and best club in the land and make the best headlines. Leeds fans were making airplane gestures and as I said hurling bricks and bodily fluids at the united support.

There was no way in hell this was going to be a calm, sensible and peaceful night.

As for welcome to hell, hell doesnt exist!

13. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Bodily fluids?! <laugh>

We're not bloody Italians. Where are you getting this brick/piss chucking material from? I wasn't there when the scum coaches arrived, but I thought from what I've read that some scum fans kicked in the coach window and Leeds fans started chucking bottles, coins and the usual at them from behind police lines. Bricks and piss? Really?

14. MarkoLUFC

MarkoLUFC Well-Known Member

No bricks. Saw a couple of bottles being flung. The dirty manc bastards had knocked one of the windows out of a first bus (their coach was a first bus!) and were hanging an inflatable sheep out of it.

I find it hilarious how BBC pointed out the istanbul chants but made no mention of the munich chants. I like the BBC more now.

15. Whole-lot-of-Holt_HtH

Leeds really are a pathetic little club hahahahaha

Are you sad that Norwich arent in your division to humiliate you like the past couple of seasons?

16. Bloody Wanker

Bloody Wanker Active Member

Only because of their fans. Honestly, you'd think they don't care about Man United.

17. MarkoLUFC

MarkoLUFC Well-Known Member

Here's thinking we'd got rid of that useless cretin WLOH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.