1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Leeds vs Newcastle

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Doc., Dec 12, 2020.

1. Doc.

Doc. Well-Known Member

Ahhh buy here's the thing.. The side left that season was different to the one he stated it with, so your entire understanding is once again failing you..

The side rafa left was the 7th best performing side in the league... Thats statement is a factual one...

2. Doc.

Doc. Well-Known Member

@Warm Pouch

Would you like me to go as far back as his last 10 games?

I'm more than happy

You can do Bruce's last 10

Incase you're struggling to understand the match statistics you need to be looking at the 2nd and 3rd lines

3. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Just judge on entire seasons, that's the most accurate <cheers> Anything else is nonsense. I can see and understand why you want to avoid this.

At the end of this season the assessment of Bruce against Rafa improves further. We will have two full PL seasons from each - nowhere to hide.

Quality of players bought by the manager/scouting team will need factored in, but I assume that will favour Bruce in your eyes as you seem to be suggesting Rafa had a better squad to work with due to 'Bruce' buying poor players. Personally I think Bruce has had an equally good squad to work with, just different.

We were a mid to lower mid table side playing boring football with little possession under Rafa. So far we've been the same under Bruce over a season and a half. So unless Bruce suddenly starts tearing the league up dominating possession, nothing much has changed looking at it. Personally I'd say we have less of a plan but in terms of enjoyment, its all been ****.

4. Doc.

Doc. Well-Known Member

Another imaginary assertion..

I couldn't have been any clearer and I've provided enough evidence for a stick of celery to understand.....

Under rafa we created chances with the ball... We created more or as many as sides with up to 70% of the ball

Under Bruce we concede more than double the amount of chanced and still have as little as 30 % possession.

So there's something not as effective isn't there?

5. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Squirming again...understandable

6. Doc.

Doc. Well-Known Member

No I'm an honest lad if I'm wrong I just say in wrong and say fair enough.. We're all wrong sometimes... Once I have the numbers thougg I will never back down