1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Left behind???

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PAPA MOOMIN, Jan 31, 2011.

1. PAPA MOOMIN

PAPA MOOMIN Member

It seems that the weakest 2 teams in the (current) top 4, Chelsea and Man City, have now strengthened their sides with a couple of world class players.

We have defoe and crouch up front and a threadbare defence with only 1 real left back.

I don't think its over for top 4 this season, but alot more unlikely now.

I know everyone says we made top 4 last year with this forward line. But as I said, the others, particularly Man City have moved on.
    Also last year our defence was alot more stable.

This has not been a good couple of weeks!

Still, who knows eh, its a funny old game!!

COYS

2. SoppyMug

SoppyMug Member

It's no coincidence that the two clubs you name are mega wealthy through foreign investment.

This market has been an absolute joke in terms of money spent. Wenger and Fergy, the best managers in the league know better than to pay way over the odds at this time of the year.

At the moment things dont look rosey but we all know (we should at least) that anything can happen. Still a long way to go.

If things do not improve with out strikers then the summer should see some movement

3. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Well-Known Member

Nah

We've had 2 transfer windows and no movement for a striker. Instead we try for defenders and midfielders we don't need.

Bad form Levy

4. SoppyMug

SoppyMug Member

But there was movement for a striker.

Aguero and Forlan, by the sounds, were both sniffed around. Bid for Carrol was turned down. At that price Liverpool are welcome to him

5. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

I find it very hard to believe that, in the last 2 windows, there was not one striker willing to come to Spurs and was a realistic price

6. SoppyMug

SoppyMug Member

Maybe Suarez was? But Harry wasn't sure on him i read somewhere. Which is a bit baffling considering he rates Crouch so highly.

He could prove to be right but at the same time i often question his judgement of players. Had Comolli still been at the club Suarez could well be a Spurs player tonight.

7. The Magnificent Mullery

I'm a bit confused what kind of striker we are actually seeking. Suarez and Forlan aren't exactly big hold-up men. We've got smaller nippy second striker-types already. The only target man we seemed to be in for was a pretty inexperienced one with a biggger price tag than Levy was ever going to meet.

On Carroll I really hope Ashley is counting his parachute payments next season as well as the Liverpool money.

8. ShelfSideSpur

ShelfSideSpur Active Member

Come on lads, cheer up - it's not all doom and gloom!

We're still 5th in the EPL, at one point in Feb last year we dropped to 7th and look what we did.

We've got the biggest game of our recent history coming up - in the summer I'm sure we'll see some big movements in the transfer market coming our way :)

9. Forlone Hope

Forlone Hope New Member

Really hacked off today <grr>

Why are we trying to buy a RB when we have 2 international ones already and 2 out on loan?

Why are we trying to buy a left footed midfielder when we've just let JOH go out on loan?

Looks like Thursday night football next season in the world's most **** competition <grr>

10. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

I'd thought we'd see movement last summer. We didn't until the last day and that was due to Real Madrid

I see no reason why Levy will, after refusing to do so the last 2 windows, start spending 20 or 30 million on one player

11. Forlone Hope

Forlone Hope New Member

Well if Levy won't splash the cash there's no point us going to a bigger Stadium <ok>

12. ShelfSideSpur

ShelfSideSpur Active Member

On the plus side - have a look at the Toon board - they're kicking the **** out of each other, it's quite comical :)

13. PAPA MOOMIN

PAPA MOOMIN Member

Just had a quick trawl on their board. Bloody hell it is carnage<laugh>

14. PAPA MOOMIN

PAPA MOOMIN Member

A HUGE amount of injuries to key personell coupled with other clubs improving their squads.

We still have a very good set of players, just feel that a top class forward would be an improvement.