1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Leicester v Watford.

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Mexican Hornet, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Chris 13

Chris 13 Well-Known Member

Very similar to the Deeney penalty in the Wolves semi I thought.

2. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Very true. However, it is the manner that a lot of us saw it coming that defies belief a bit. Also, I don´t think it will NOT be easy at all to get back up.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  3. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

I have just watched the match and thought we did very well, if not the best we have played this season.
    We defended well and went forward with positive intent, not a lot of going backwards.
    Troy made a difference, he is great in defense too. Ref gets a good talking to when he is on the pitch!
    Thought Mullens very level headed and spoke sensibly, did a good job at short notice and it seems the players performed for him.
    It is about time they sorted VAR to get the right decision, he should go to the touchline and look at the video.

andytoprankin likes this.
  4. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Deeney wound up the defender a short while earlier and drew a genuine foul; there's an angle from the rear that shows Mapps was nowhere near vardy. Masina had his arm out (a bit daft) and the Leicester player made sure he found it. Much worse goes on 99% of the time and doesn't get punished.

andytoprankin likes this.
  5. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

Put on wrong thread, duh.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  6. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

Nailed it. BUT the intention of VAR is to correct “clear and obvious error”, not make the right decision!!! Incredible really. Can you imagine rugby TMO not giving a decision because the on-field decision wasn’t a clear and obvious error? <laugh> <doh>

7. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

I thought Mariappa on Vardy was a penalty, and in fairness to Vardy, would they have looked at it if he hadn’t fallen? The Masina penalty was a joke and I question why the Leicester player was not booked for simulation and shamed by the media.