1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Let the NH begin.....my five to follow....please add your own!

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by stick, Sep 15, 2013.

1. stick

stick Bumper King

I was having a sly dig at another of our number on here havin. Red Sherlock is a good pick indeed. A Henderson horse thumped THE SKYFARMER last season, I must look up the back form and see what it was........began with a "W"

2. As We Know

As We Know 1 of the top judges in Europe

The form is weak <ok>

3. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

That horse of Mr Henderson's was WEST WIZARD, old boy. That one incidentally has already been highlighted as one to follow, on this thread, by a very popular, handsome, debonair and charming forum member.

4. havinacow

havinacow Member

Thomas Hobson was sold yesterday for a record £240,000 and is being sent to Willie Mullins yard!

5. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

I've noted him on the Triumph Hurdle thread - will no doubt be favourite for the Triumph ahead of his debut for Mullins <laugh>

6. stick

stick Bumper King

Close Touch will miss an intended trip to Newbury on Friday after trainer Nicky Henderson discovered a "significant problem" on Thursday morning.

Owned by the Queen, the Grade Three-winning hurdler was spoken about in glowing terms by the champion trainer when he opened his doors to the press earlier this week.

The five-year-old was was due to make his fencing debut in a Grade Two contest won by the likes of Denman, Dynaste and Henderson's Gold Cup hero Bobs Worth, but plans are now up in the air.

Henderson said: "He has got a significant problem, which we discovered this morning. Unfortunately this is the brutality of the game.

"He was always going to run at Newbury - he was one of the original three that were entered for the race. Unfortunately he can't run and it's devastating.

"He's had a setback and we'll monitor it. It's not career-ending, but it's something I could have done without. I think he's the best horse I've ever trained for Her Majesty - I really thought he could be a bit special."

7. OddDog

Staff Member

Bit of a "note to self" to remember the name of Meadowcroft Boy - won 2 bumpers last season (including a class 2 at Ayr where he beat Mr Henderson's Tradewinds) and made his hurdles debut at Carlisle yesterday where he put in a very slick round of jumping and won hard held. Among those beaten was Blades Lad, in 4th, beaten 26 lengths and rated 120. Looks a real nice prospect and if he were with Henderson / Nicholls / McCain etc he would be at the head of the betting for the Cheltenham novice hurdle races. As it is, I can't find a quote for him for any race at the festival. Be very interesting to map his progress over the coming weeks.

8. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

Oddy - Alistair Whillans: "Meadowcroft Boy did that well. He´s always jumped well and Ewan has given him plenty of schooling. He´ll stay further. We´ll get him home and see how he is before deciding where he´ll go next but it´ll most likely be another novice like this."

9. OddDog

Staff Member

His jumping was a joy to watch Nass - very slick, low, fast jumps - I can't remember seeing a novice hurdle so well on debut. Nice for a small yard to have such a talent, hope he goes on to big things <ok>

10. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Has he forgotten about the legendary Barbers Shop?!?

Hang your head in shame, Hendo.