1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Let's finger World Cup divers now

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by notDistantGreen, Dec 3, 2017.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

My topical submissions, arrived at following a Sky Premier League weekend are:

Eden Hazard (Belgium)

A class player for sure who gets fouled now and then, but the possessor of a screech, deployed even when there's no contact, which gave this its name. (Ornithological reference applies).

please log in to view this image

upload_2017-12-3_21-52-10.jpeg

Raheen Stirling (England)

An average player, currently playing well, with a roll rate greater than a 4th generation jet fighter

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Blimey notdistant I was a bit worried what I was going to find on here when I saw your thread title. I thought you might be having an Oh Matron moment.

You could end up "fingering" half the participants in the competion as a minimum for diving skills. It's almost getting pointless even talking about it anymore. I saw a few over this weekend in various matches including the lower divisions in the FA Cup. The expression "soft" is used more and more yet still the wrong decisions come. When even the pundits, who have come from a more robust era in football, talk about being entitled to go down if touched then there is just no hope for anyone. I would bet if a Ref got all high and mighty about soft fallling down and started doing something to the fallen he would be sidelined very quickly.

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just seen Man City given a dubious penalty for their equalizer....didn't look like any contact at all to me.

Moyes just isn't a lucky manager is he ?

4. notDistantGreen

Chelsea and Man City were both on the box at the weekend. These pair really stand out. What's the betting on Hazard going down for the penalty that puts England out of the World Cup at the group stage?

5. notDistantGreen

See here not just the dive, but the imaginary injury caused by the non-existent contact. He grips that shin like that half a dozen times in every game.

6. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sad part notdistant is that Hazard is a great player with skill to burn. He doesn't need to do that does he. You and I both know that this is going to be an issue over and over again in almost every league, cup, european cup and world cup game. Referees are on a hiding to nothing with it and players won't stop and even managers will encourage it. They are just ruining the game.

7. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Maybe more ex-pros should become refs....they hopefully with their "experience" should recognize the cheats ....having possibly been one themselves.