1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Let's take the positives...

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by IMO Im ITK, Dec 8, 2014.

1. IMO Im ITK

IMO Im ITK Active Member

1) We've been unlucky to get 0 points from our last 3 games yet we still lie in 5th, a position which every one of us would bite hands off to achieve if offered at the beginning of the season.

2) Two of the four remaining fixtures to finish the first round of games include Burnley and Palace, i'd also fancy us to take points from Everton currently.

3) We're likely to be through the worst patch of injuries. Toby/JWP/Morgan (Hopefully) to be all back within the next week or so.

4) We made a team assembled for hundreds of millions look so ordinary tonight.

5) We have some of the best young talent in English football and an incredible infrastructure moving forward. Congratulations to Jake on his debut tonight.

Please stop crying and post positives below.

2. steve79

steve79 Well-Known Member

I thought jake hesketh? Looked pretty good on the ball when he came on

3. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

Yeah, Hesketh looked bright for the first few minutes he was on. I didn't notice him again after that to be honest but he obviously didn't do anything wrong. On tonight's evidence I think I'd rather see him come off the bench than Mayuka.

4. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Wanyama owned the midfield tonight and both Fellaini and Mata struggled against him. The whole back four, apart from Fonte's mistake, were solid, and both Bertrand and Clyne got forward a lot. When our injuries come good, and our strikers hit form again, we'll be fine.

5. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

I thought that Steven Davis stepped up tonight and showed why he was captain at Rangers

6. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Pelle scored.

And we don't have to play those 3 teams again....oh, wait a minute :)

7. SaintJabie

SaintJabie Active Member

2-1 against Man U isn't a thrashing, and both of the Man U goals owed a lot to Van Persie's ability to poach a goal.
    The boys played well and we're unlucky not to get anything out of the game.
    One of our youth players got a run out.
    We played football, we didn't just turtle up and hoof it.

8. fran-MLs little camera

We are not clutching at straws...there really are positives. We've played 3 top sides and only looked poor against one of them. Blips happen...I'm pretty sure we won't lose all the return legs.

9. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

We will finish in the top 8 :)

10. NISaint

NISaint Well-Known Member

If we finished 8th again it would be such an anticlimax lol. Everybody was waiting for us to slip up, it's funny though that defeats to City, Arsenal and United is deemed as a burst bubble these days, maybe for Chelsea it should be but not Southampton ffs. I looked upon the tough run of games we had as an opportunity which we haven't taken. I still hope we finish in a European place but if Everton, Liverpool and Spurs start to perform better then even that's going to be a struggle. The nature of our last two defeats has been really hard to swallow, we didn't deserve to lose either.

11. Osvaldorama

Osvaldorama Well-Known Member

We are ****ing brilliant. I don't understand the negativity. We played United off the park, my mobile phone was eerily silent from glory hunter texts last night which says it all. Everyone knows we were the better side.

Nothing but positives from me. We will leapfrog over them again when they lose to liverpool and we beat burnley anyway.

12. lamby

lamby Needs a cold shower

This. We outyplayed a side with Rooney RVP etc. OK we should have taken our chances and made a few mistakes but 4 months ago some on here were predicting a relegation dogfight.

13. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

May Yoshida looked confident in his defending and his passing.
    Vic = Da Boss
    Davis - excellent
    Clyne - excellent

14. fatletiss

On Saturday night, we will be 3rd, 4th or 5th.

15. lamby

lamby Needs a cold shower

Exactly. If I'd posted that back in July I'd have been shouted down as being a happyclapper.

16. Dark Lord SFC

Dark Lord SFC Well-Known Member

Dust ourselves down and make Burnley pay for a very frustrating and disappointing week....COYRs!!!!!!!!

17. fran-MLs little camera

Have to get 3 points against Burnley...mainly because 3 points are 3 points, but also to regain the feel good factor for the team and fans. I always felt that the 2 points dropped against Villa would come back and bite us. Team are playing well...just need to get the results to confirm it. In a few weeks we will have players coming back, including a couple from long term injuries (fingers crossed).

It was said on Sky that it was amazing to be able to say that Saints had slipped to 5th in December. Curbishley added that we would be alright as we have enough about us.

18. Saints14

Saints14 Active Member

Tadic and Pelle are getting back to their best

19. NISaint

NISaint Well-Known Member

Imagine our team with Rodriguez in instead of Mane. Somebody who is always looking to score and has proven himself at doing so in the Premier League, he has power, pace, him upfront with Tadic and Pelle would be great. Are we all resigned to losing him in January? It would seem a strange move for Saints given our lack of strength in depth. Loved Jay Rod last season :(

20. fatletiss

I don't think many say January. In the summer, unfortunately I think he'll be gone.