1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

LFW on Ramsey

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Telford Ranger, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Peter Damage

Peter Damage Well-Known Member

Can you actually explain what you mean by that? Actual details? Details related to the current squad of player specifically as that is most relevant would be good. Would be especially handy for me as someone who doesn't understand your point of view as to what problems bigger than the manager or the players and how you link this to there under-performance

What strikes me is its an easy point of view to chuck out but i'm yet to hear someone explain what they mean especially if they try to link it to current squad and last 2 summers of transfer windows

2. Peter Damage

Just think if you are making statements like yours you need to back them up and I don't see that you have

3. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

No I don't this isn't a court of law, it's a place for idiots like us to waste time on our football team, I can write any unsubstantiated stuff I like. All I need is the evidence of my eyes on the playing side and the patent lack of progress and instability of management on the business side to conclude that, though he may be a nice bloke with his heart in the right place, Tone has been a car crash of an owner. It doesn't really matter how bad/good his predecessors were, he's the one we've got. Like Goldie, I was a fan of TF, doubts set in with the choice of Redknapp and then the failure to sack him after the first relegation.

TWGWTDT and Bush Rhino like this.
  4. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

There are many who have their views of what has gone wrong and what we should do to put it right, the reality is we have made mistake after mistake throughout the time TF has been owner. This is both in his appointments and their buying.

The panic signings that included SWP and Barton began a culture of overpaid and underperforming that has been endemic ever since and, for some reason, this is still affecting the club.

A reasonable start of 10 points from the first five games raised expectations, so the slump and more importantly, the poor performances since exacerbated Ramsey's demise but ask yourselves, have there been any performances this season you would call promotion form?

Remember, TF said we were going for consolidating and youth. Nothing changed until he returned a couple of weeks ago and it was announced that this priority had changed. Remember that, TF changed his mind yet again and Warnock was appointed shortly after.

It's my view TF is the problem not the solution, as long as he continues his bi-polar way of running the club, mistake after mistake, we'll continue to be a laughing stock. It's fair to say the next permanent managerial appointment will be the making or breaking of OUR club...

5. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Fernandes is a complete moron when it comes to running a football club. He can just about run an airline but he consistently makes awful decisions on behalf of our club. Perhaps he listens to whichever retards talk to him on Twitter.

TWGWTDT and Bush Rhino like this.
  6. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

That's more or less what I had in mind and was going to say. Here's a good piece by Neil Dejyothin ...

What goes around, comes around…

by Neil on November 5, 2015 in blog (everything)

Les Ferdinand and Chris Ramsey are not as naive as some think, for two so-called “inexperienced” men, they undermined and ousted Harry Redknapp and his backroom team in a coup so sly it went undetected and unnoticed by many. This is Harry – one of the craftiest and experienced operators around.

Now Neil Warnock, another masterful player at these things, has simply completed the merry-go-round and done it back to them. Football.

But pulling cotton wool over naive supporters’ eyes or each other is the done thing at Rangers these days. It’s easy – whether it’s Fernandes, Warnock, Redknapp or someone else. They’re all at it. It shows we have a weak board with little standards or direction.

continues here ... http://www.qprtoday.net/

7. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Well said Sooper. That is the point I have been making on the "Dear Mr Fernandes" thread. Car crash is an understatement.

8. Sooperhoop

That's absolutely spot-on Nines, sums up our 'malaise' in a nutshell...

QPR999 likes this.
  9. Telford Ranger

Telford Ranger Well-Known Member

10. Peter Damage

Well the Routledge example I gave and lack of spine to inherit as we were carried up by one player who then had his own much analysed story, the
    fact we stayed up that year plus the fact it was 4 yeara ago (teams have gone from league one to comfortable prem in less time) explain that

To prove that we have a culture of overpaid panic signings. Do you not think considering the 8 out of ten we gave it on this board and the broad support we gave this summer makes that criticism outdated? I would say your view became entrenched because people like SWP and Hoilett have had such long contract despite the board learning from those lessons that reminder is still stuck to us for another season

As for this year Fernandes is bang on to expect promotion. If you look at our squad and honestly think it's not reasonable to expect we push for promotion then we'll literally never be good enough.

Plus if u look at the last 10 years there is a 3% chance we'll go up next year which means it's even more reasonable to focus on this year.

As you say not a single good performance But we're 13th. Our individual quality has got us there. If we get a decent manager in who can get good team performances watch us shoot up the league might be a few on here looking silly

11. Bwood_Ranger

It's Fernandes' fault, IMO, that we aren't blooding young players as was the original mandate before he stuck his oar in and moved the goalposts on Ramsey. With Harriman and/or Furlong in for Perch, Yun and/or Kpekawa in for Konchesky and Doughty in for either of the clusterfucks we play in midfield the team would be no worse at the very least and we'd be building something not entirely built on sand.

There were lads considered good enough for a run out in the Prem who have got nowhere near a game this season. Why? My money is on Fernandes

12. Bwood_Ranger

Just read Clive's whole article. Personally I think it's a brilliant piece and raises some serious concerns about the medium and long term future of the club. I'd say we're considerably more likely to be League 1 (or lower) club in five years than a Premier League one.

seagullhoop and Sooperhoop like this.
  13. seagullhoop

seagullhoop Well-Known Member

I'll say it again in simpler terms.

The club has, for several years now, employed individuals that have good track records elsewhere.

For some reason these individuals have failed to perform as expected for ours and ended up moving on or staying at great cost to the club - some have even (after they have departed) been successful once again. e.g. (...and off the top my head, there may well be more)

Puncheon - sold to Palace, Premier League
    Granero - Real Sociedad, La Liga
    Vargas - Bundesliga 1, Copa America Winner
    Isla - Juventus/Trabonzpor, Copa America Winner
    Caulker - loaned back to Premier League
    Ferdinand (x2 brothers) - we retired 1, the other looking to a PL return with SFC
    McCarthy - Palace, Premier League
    Mutch - sold to Palace, Premier League
    Mbia - went to Sevilla - won the Europa League
    Bosingwa - signed for **** loads of cash in wages
    Samba - £12.5m
    Hoilett - who knows the witchcraft that has robbed him of his talent

Logic dictates there must be a common theme or factor in their failure to achieve the levels they reached either previously or subsequently. Or maybe they are all **** players.

Anyway... You knew what I meant.

Happy to disagree

Seagull

QPR Oslo and Sooperhoop like this.
  14. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I don't always agree with your views Damage, but that is an excellent post.

15. Sooperhoop

No offence Damage, but you strike me as the type of person who would take shopping back to the supermarket and argue for a refund if there was a mark on the packaging let alone the product.

We stayed up against the odds by winning our last five home games courtesy of Dalglish arrogantly subbing key players when he thought we were done for in the Liverpool match. It was a great effort but Hughes then f*cked it up royally with his signings, more of the same.

You can argue till you're blue in the face but it doesn't alter the fact we are way off the pace at the moment and our defence, or lack of it, is the main reason. Yes, a good manager could do better but we need creativity and defenders who can defend as a unit. Whether achieved by loans or January signings that is the only way we'll get back in the running. This squad, without some changes, isn't good enough. It's not too late but our next 10 matches will decide our fate...

QPR Oslo likes this.
  16. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I share the criticisms of Tone in many ways.
    However, can I just point out that, since my youngest starting coming to games regularly (around 6 years or so) he has seen possibly as much success than many of us have over 50 years or so!!
    Together with my two lads I have witnessed the following:
    Winning the Championship with a once in a generation player, Adel, who was worth the ticket money on his own;
    Watching Rangers get presented with the Championship Trophy;
    Watched Rangers escape relegation from the Premier League with some heart thumping wins at Loftus Road;
    Watched 40,000 Rangers fans turn half of Wembley and the surrounding area blue and white for a day and enjoyed winning a play off final that none of us who were there will ever, ever forget;
    Together we have watched some of the best players in the World grace the Loftus Road pitch.
    There were some bad times too of course.

Not too shabby for a smallish club from West London, with a good reputation for playing decent football over the years.

17. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Fair enough Col, it's a personal experience. In the TF era I think it boils down to a run of 5 home wins that kept us up and a day out at Wembley though, and from where I sit our reputation for playing decent football (the thing I am most interested in and what I had hoped most for from Ramsey) is just a memory. No argument about seeing some great players at LR, although it was a painful day (remember the traffic?) Suarez was just outstanding in Liverpool's 3-0 win, Sanchez was wonderful for Arsenal last year and (brace yourself) Cesar was world class in our 0-0 with City. I know there are many others as well, just the 3 that came first to mind.

Two promotions, two relegations and £200m plus of debt to show for it. A smattering of games which were great to be at. A fan base which, on its day, can make LR rock to the foundations, but more frequently nowadays seems to want to destroy its own players at the slightest opportunity.

I think Damage's point is that TF can't be blamed for the failure of various managers, whereas mine would be that he can be held accountable and there is a lot more wrong than just poor managerial appointments.

18. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

Can someone please explain to me just what they think TF is actually doing to inspire the poor performances of the managers he has employed. In order to do right by our club he's taken on the guy that most people rated as the best English manager of his generation and then the man who most people thought was good enough to be the England manager and given both all the resources they asked for. A recipe for disaster clearly.

rangercol likes this.
  19. Peter Damage

Bosingwa, is the only one where we should have known better but he signed in August 2012 and left more than 2 years ago
    The absolute crucial point that you fail to achieve to give your point any credibility is linking their under-performance to TF and not to bad management.
    Without linking it and specifically with the current squad to TF as his fault with a reasoned explanation I don't feel you have a point

No offence but you come across as an unintelligent bloke who hasn't thought through his opinion. TF has been the chairman while some managers and players have performed lower than expected. He's bought seemingly good players and case of Hughes and Redknapp well respected managers but they've been below expectations. So you say it is TF's fault but when asked to explain that link, why you believe that to be the case you've even attempted to do so. I suspect because you cant.

Really is contradictory to say we stayed up because Dalglish arrogantly substituted players. Coates came on as a sub in that game.... scored a pretty good goal. Henderson £18m came on at 0-0. Then at 2-1 on comes £35m man Carroll for Suarez. A stretch to call it a capitulation. Do you know who scored the second and a few other key goals in that run...? Cisse. Who TF brought in

Next year Hughes was backed and an at the time respected scout in Rigg. It went tits up but then moving in to more recent past. Lessons learned by TF at least (while still let down by managers). I just had a quick look on the votes on the poll I posted in my first post about last seasons transfer window. You gave it a 7 out of 10. So TF hasn't done that bad then has he? Plus this window. Any major issues there. We shopped in a budget. Wouldn't pay Ream silly wages. Brought in Angella who got promoted last year. Surely what you are happy with.

If you think this squad has performed to the best of its ability then fine. I don't believe it has and am hopeful if we get a proper manager in everything is there for a good go at promotion although top 2 is now harder after the bad start under Ramsey. If you can explain how this under-performance is TF's fault and not Ramsey's for doing things like playing Henry at right wing, behind the striker or on the pitch in general then i'll be happy to hear it and understand a point I cant see being justified in the slightest when looking at the current squad and recent past

20. Peter Damage

Please explain what?!?!?!!?!?!?! Recent past