1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Liam Coopers open letter to fans.

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by NostradEmus, Jun 20, 2020.

1. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

For those who missed it....

Dear Leeds United fans and our wider community,

On behalf of the first team squad, I wanted to say thank you for all the amazing messages of support we have received during these very difficult months.

The way our supporters have got behind the club has been unbelievable to see and we all appreciate everything you have done for us. During this really difficult time for the whole world, as a club, we have come together to help each other.

Whether that is through the various effects of Covid-19 or the other serious issues we are facing at the moment including the important Black Lives Matter campaign, the vast majority of us have stood together and been there for each other more than ever before.

I’d also like to take this opportunity to congratulate Marcus Rashford for pushing the government to provide free school vouchers for kids over the summer months, his actions have been inspirational.

I have found the lockdown period difficult and I know that I am not alone in that. To see so many people lose loved ones is heartbreaking and the loss of Norman Hunter was a big blow for the entire Leeds United family - he will be greatly missed, as will Trevor Cherry.

I’ve also found the lack of contact with friends, family and colleagues hard, but adhering to the rules has kept many of us safe and in a position where things like football are returning and we are going to get our opportunity to play our important final nine games, as long as we stick to rules strictly.

Your support means the world to us, it truly is the best support in the country- but you’ve got to stay away for the last nine games, as people can get still get ill and we can’t afford to put further pressure on the NHS or face sanctions from the football authorities.

In my role as the club captain and as a Leeds United fan, I feel it’s important that I support the messages the club and the Supporters’ Trust have made.

Be loud from home, make sure your neighbours know you are Leeds and hear your support for us every step along the way. Take to social media too, we read what you post and if you get behind the team as a lot of you do, you will inspire us.

Please just do those things, and you can rest assured that will give you everything we have in the last nine games.

I know it’s hard and I know it’s not how we wanted to end the season, but it’s the right thing to do for our community.

Support Leeds. Stay home.

Liam Cooper

Leeds United captain