1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Liverpool and boxing

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Redbrynner, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Redbrynner

Redbrynner Well-Known Member

You have to look at everything in a positive way, I know this as my shrink tells me this regularly.

After todays game where we could have gotten something out of the game and didnt, I am left thinking about boxers.

There are three types of boxers out there:

1. Punchbags - go out every weekend to offer a little test to an up and comer. They have no fear of losing, 99% of the time its expected.
    2. The learner - Boxer who gets beat and then gets himself up and comes back all the stronger having learnt something.
    3. The talented mouthy show off - Boxers who may go years with an unbeaten record, but the moment they lose they disappear out of the sport as they lose all motivation and self belief.

In the cuurent times at LFC we have to establish what sort of young players we have

The last couple of games have been difficult, especially having to take the result of the WBA game that we completely dominated.

But on the positive side this is just a filtering process, we are lucky enough to get to see what our young players are made of over the next few weeks.

Who is going to come back strong, who is going to go into their sheel and lose confidence.

For me, a reaction is what is needed from the players, not to go out and compete, but to go out and ****ing dominate. I want to see the team looking to pull Swanseas pants down on the weekend and say We are Liverpool football club, this is Anfield and you are going to get a spanking.

We have some good young players and i really want to see this reaction, but I fear it is not going to happen this weekend.

|For one thing Im not trusting Brendans selections at the moment. European game, first name on the Team sheet is Lucas if he cant see that then he is good for nothing.

BR seems to have the mentality that if you have a good game you are in for a month. Have a bad one and you are out.

Still believe there is a golden sky, just looking a bit bloody cloudy at the moment.

Not exactly suggesting anything for discussion am i , just wanted a rant.

2. Redbrynner

Goint to get my own sympathy post in early

3. That contradicts a little <laugh>

4. Redbrynner

I have very bad flu and may have started speaking in tongues......What I meant to say was, 'FFS Brendan, drop sterling and give Suso a ****ing game.' lol

5. Foredeckdave

Foredeckdave Music Thread Manager

Hope your flu gets better soon Red. I wouldn't have played Suso tonight. He loves to let the ball run and that pitch did not allow you to do that. But I do agree about sending Sterling back to the youth team. He needs to re-learn some basics.