1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Liverpool best 11 vs Chelsea best 11

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Would be a good thing if we achieve just 2 aims this season.
    1. Stay in top 4 and
    2. Properly evaluate all of our current squad, and the best of our loanees and youngsters, make a long term plan to include the best of them, and properly identify the couple of players we need to bring in each year to improve and keep up with our competitors.
    That means the Board staying the **** out of Sarris way and showing some patience.
    Big ask.

2. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

If we had a decent striker we really would be well up for winning the Premiership. Our midfield is now awesome, defence pretty solid, a goalie improving with every game. Eden Hazard is a great footballer and now in great form........maybe we will win the Premiership if we can get good results against Manchester City. Whatever, I reckon it’ll be very close between us, Liverpool and Manchester City come the end of the season.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  3. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Certainly been a decent start but I think it'll be a big ask to challenge for the title without a striker banging them in. The lack of goals from midfield is also a worry. Basically remove Hazard and you wonder where the goals are coming from. Kovacic, Barkley and Kante will get about 10 goals between them all year.

If indeed we can at least finish 3rd, that would probably have to be considered success with a view to kicking on next year. Ultimately I fear City will walk it again.

StanDMan likes this.
  4. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I think Pool may win the title, but I agree a third place finish would be a success.
    This very much reminds me of 2014, Jose's first year back. Steady the ship, get the players used to your methods, shore things up, get in to the CL places, then in the summer, make a big signing or two to kick on.

5. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

I feel if we still had Diego Costa up front we’d be a genuine title threat but without him we’ll end up falling short. Need to go all out for a number 9 next summer.

Bodinki likes this.
  6. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Pretty much. I thought Morata looked a very promising talent in the first few months of last year but he's been pretty woeful since. Giroud is ok as a link man but he's never going to score 25 + goals.

Bodinki likes this.
  7. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

This ^^

It's probably going to cost us £100m plus, but we need to go all out to get someone like Griezmann

8. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I've been banging the Griezmann drum for years but I think if he ever did move it would be for silly money to a giant like Barca.

Not sure who is out there really. Dybala maybe but Juve aren't exactly a selling club. We've been linked with the likes of Cavanni, Aguero and Lewandowski over the years but they are all at big clubs and in their 30's as well.

9. ArtisanWenger

ArtisanWenger Active Member

My combined 11 from both teams will be:

Alisson

Azplicueta Virgil Van Djik Rudiger Robertson

Jorginho

Barkley Milner

Salah Firminho Hazard

10. The Ginger Marks

That’s two billion you’ve spent but that team minus Barkley but put in Silva would win the title.

11. ArtisanWenger

ArtisanWenger Active Member

You can always spend on someone like Mitrovic,try to lure back Sturridge with a starting berth in January,chelsea are not averse to buying in January.Higuain would have really set you up nicely if it had happened.

StanDMan likes this.
  12. The Ginger Marks

Sturridge is a three legged show pony, Mitrovic all day.

Blueman and Bristol Blue like this.
  13. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Milner but no Kante????!!??! Wow. Just wow.

14. Bristol Blue

Kante has to be the best player in the world at what he does. I’ve never before seen a player at this level being able to consistently rob opposition midfielders of the ball - almost always without committing a foul.

15. Chelsea Pensioner

Yet we are playing him out of position !!
    And so far it's working OK, but still the midfield looks unsettled and Sarri is searching for the right combination.
    Personally I'd put Kante back where he belongs, which would definately improve the defence, our one area of complaint, let Jorghino roam where he wants to ,and use RLC more, or at least give him equal time to Barkley, who still sometimes flatters to decieve, Or there's Ampadu, who plays midfield for Wales.And Kovacic, who seems to be slipping as Barkley and RLC rise.
    Whatever, Kante is arguably better in his preferred midfield role than anyone else we have in theirs.
    Sure we have the makings of a great midfield, we just need to fine tune who to play depending on the type of opponent.

16. Bristol Blue

......second in the Premiership at this stage of the season really does prove that Sarri is a great manager. I like the style of our play and we’ve got a good outside chance of actually winning the Premiership with the midfielders that Sarri has to choose from. Morata is hitting form at last and even at this early stage of the season I reckon that winning the Premiership will be dependent on our results against Man City. Our upcoming home game against Man City is truely massive for this reason.

17. Chelsea Pensioner

Even a good performance would be an improvement, City tonked us pretty well last time we met.
    They have had a few seasons under Pep ( who has impressed me more than I thought he would) and their style is set with the players all knowing their roles. We're just starting out to try and achieve the same state with our team. Given where we are, have to say hats off to Sarri and his squad who must be ahead of expectations. Might be a step too far to win anything this year, but to be even in with a shot is a great achievement.
    And we are playing entertaining and attacking football.
    More than happy.

18. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I see no reason why we couldnt go for one of the cups, FA, EFL, or Europa.
    Dont see us winning the PL though, not this season, unless we start hitting some awesome form. It's possible, but City have got everything going for them.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  19. The Ginger Marks

Small horses.:emoticon-0105-wink:

20. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member