1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Liverpool fail FFP

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by CFC: Champs £launderx17, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Jürgenmeiʃter

Jürgenmeiʃter Top top top top top flirt

Londons only, let us get there first! Im still not taking that we are def there. I find it all a bit confusing, im just leaving it to the club who you would expect know what they're doing! Given that this season the aim was to qualify

Bodanki, we'll be low seeded I think, 2009 was the last time. But, those famous European nights at Anfield that you know all to well about <whistle>

I'll just be glad to be back in it if we get there. And then the big Euro teams at Anfield, bring them on!

2. CFC: Champs £launderx17

I hope you qualify. We need our annual bye in CL ;)

3. Jürgenmeiʃter

We had some cracking games in that competition

Thing is now though Your manager likes ours and vice versa but Rafa and Mourinho couldnt stand the sight of each other <laugh>

4. chelsea - over 100 years of history

The 4-4 at SB in 09 is probably the best game I've ever been to.

5. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Yep. Went in 2005, 07 and 2009 to Anfield EC games. 05 was best away atmos for a game I've been to since grounds went all seater in England. For EC games, only Fenerhbace 08 beats it and Zaragoza 94 comes close

6. Jürgenmeiʃter

You lucky sods, never been to a Liverpool CL game :(

Skylarker off our board was at Istanbul, now that is a game I would've liked to have seen. If we lose badly I always stick that dvd on to cheer me up

You've been to some good games then Londons Only <ok>

And Chelsea 100 years, that 4-4 was a barmy game!

7. Jürgenmeiʃter

Was Fenerhbace 08 beats it and Zaragoza 94 away games you went to?

8. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Yeah. Got truncheoned by a Spanish copper for trying to get a bottle of beer into the ground, Furlong missed a sitter, we got battered 3-0!! Amazing noise.

Fenerhbace was the only game I have seen where a team wilted under the atmosphere. After Fener equalised, the atmos was unreal, Terry said it was the only time he has been intimidated by a crowd. Like the first 20 mins at Anfield 05

9. Master Yoda

Master Yoda Well-Known Member

Wouldn't worry about our seeding unless we get stuck with one of the two Spanish superclubs + Bayern/PSG.

10. Sir_Red

Sir_Red Well-Known Member

11. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

You just don't want to believe it, do you? :emoticon-0102-bigsm

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/...aise-intereting-question-of-‘fairness’-of-ffp

And despite what the article says, we won't have to sell players this summer to comply by June 15: we had the wages of Carroll, Cole and Downing on last year's figures, and they (and Johnson, by either wage cut or transfer) will be off the payroll by then, which amounts to @ £500k a week. AND, for the last ****ing time, we simply turn what's left of the stadium debt into an asset from and FSG loan, you know, like what you did with Roman's half billion.

12. CPofL KTBFFH

CPofL KTBFFH New Member

Are you saying you believe some of this article but not the bits you don't like? Or did you post it because you don't believe any of it?

Did you sign any players last summer or increase anyone's wages with a new contract? Doesn't that amount have to come off the 500k you say you will save?

Have FSG stated they intend to forget the loan or are you just assuming they will?

13. Prince Knut

14. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Thats very realistic though mate. There are only 8 groups.
    Chelsea and Arsenal will be top seeds, and Barca and Madris also, and Bayern, not sure of PSG
    You cant draw Chelsea or Arsenal so that elminates two groups so you have a 4 out of 6 chance of drawing one of the clubs you mentioned.

15. Prince Knut

the article suggested we MAY have to sell players, not will, and yes I'm well aware that we have and will sign players to replace those such as the ones stated; just not so many old ones and ones on massive wages, unless we can afford too (as in the case of Suarez). Yes, I'm assuming FSG will not destroy their own asset by insisting on their money back - duh!!!!!!

:tongue:

16. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

No-one said you were going to get banned (at least not being serious ffs) as there's a raft of sanctions that are available before a ban. However, what was said, is that you don't currently comply, which you don't & the only reason you're going to get away with it this year is the fact that UEFA seemingly haven't got time to look at every case & as a result it would appear that they're making it up as they go along.

You've added another £100k a week for Goofy btw, plus you bought replacements so your £500k won't be a net saving.....

The 'stadium debt' is a pile of horse ****. A £50m write off in 2011 for a project that never broke the soil, please, do me a favour. BTW the write of was in the year prior to UEFA's first monitoring year and therefore shouldn't be eligible. The fact that the Shermans have re-financed it in the last financial year shouldn't be relevant to the FFP rules, as the actual expense was taken 2 years hence. That surely won't stand up to any form of scrutiny.

17. chelsea - over 100 years of history

City have shown how difficult it can be if you're not a top seed, even more so if you're in pot 3 like I assume Liverpool would be.

Either way Liverpool are certain for European football next year and it'll be interesting to see how they cope with multiple demands on the squad. Not a coincidence that they have performed so well in the league given how few cup / European games they have had compared to the other 'top' teams.

18. CPofL KTBFFH

CPofL KTBFFH New Member

So you never answered. Do you believe all the article or just parts of it?

With regard to FSG there is a 3rd option and that is to leave the debt on the books. As it's interest free and not under the FFP rules it really doesn't matter so you're assuming they will write it off is just a guess.

19. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I suspect there's a lot of Manchester United fans hooping they don't qualify for the Europa next season.

20. CPofL KTBFFH

CPofL KTBFFH New Member

It really is a competition no one wants although from next season the winners do get cl qualification.