1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread LIVERPOOL V ASTON VILLA

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, May 16, 2023.

1. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

They really need to make their minds up. Subjective is the opposite of clear and obvious. If the Spanish football and referees associations can act on erroneous decisions, then we should be able to.

Just as an aside, I see that the Italian FA has docked Juventus 10 points meaning they miss out on European football. Which makes our lot again look weak. They couldn't possibly have an agenda, could they?

Prince Knut likes this.
  2. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Just need to use common sense. Did x player gain an unfair advantage by being offside? If he’s then he’s offside.

Anplayer standing an inch offside then coming back onside tongrt the ball, beat 4 players and bang one in from 30 yards isn’t gaining an advantage yet is offside in this rule.

However a guy standing on pen spot while defenders are on 18 yard box and then a guy running down wing cuts it back to him before the defenders can ever get goalside is clewrly gaining an advantsge.

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  3. moreinjuredthanowen

yes, your second example doesn't work.mind.

he's offide when the ball is played forward so if he's stood there and a lad run down wing to the point its not a pass forward any more then how is he off?

in the end I think it's just over complicated and should be common sense as you say.

we don't want tony Adams stood with hand in the air but we also don't want lines and squggles for 3mins to figure a guess as something.

the happy medium has to be common sense as you say.

if I need a line then it's not very clear.

4. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Was more thinking the de bruyne goal against us. He made a run behind our defence in the middle and was offside. The ball went through to guy out wide who was onside. He gets down wing and crosses for de bruyne to tap in who is now onside, but he was obviously gaining an advantage when first ball was played as he got goal side of the defence and they never once got back goalside

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  5. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

We're beyond the help of common sense though when some **** in the stands overrules the on-field officials because even though everyone saw the defender go for the ball to stop it getting to an attacker behind him, Webb thinks it's not a conscious action. :angry:

Zanjinho likes this.
  6. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Keep saying it. The on field and off field tasks should be completely separate to stop the 'buddy covering'

Bumps and Prince Knut like this.
  7. Dr Van Helsing

Dr Van Helsing Well-Known Member

<laugh> are you guys still crying about a decision finally not going your way this season ?

Let's hope man united lose tonight so you have some hope to hold on to.

8. moreinjuredthanowen

I am not quite sure what they are whinging about. I'm still stoking it along for no reason just cos.

Munson. likes this.
  9. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Well, I'm consistent in that I said the same thing about Fab in last season's CL final, and Milner 5 years ago against City in similar circumstances - what I'm fizzing about is not just that we had another decision go against us, but the intervention to overrule a subjective on-field decision by a subjective off-field decision based upon no additional information whatsoever. I still think that's a ****ing horrendous precedent, regardless of the points involved, swings and roundabouts, Jota's foot in the Spurs game and doubtless booing the anthem getting thrown into the mix too.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  10. moreinjuredthanowen

the fact the racist scum at villa will sign sign on then start up on gawd save the king just goes to show the low lives they are.

most midland club supporters spend more time abusing others than supporting their teams.

11. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member