1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Liverpool v Manchester City

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Solid_Air 2, Sep 28, 2021.

1. moreinjuredthanowen

hasn't even been recognised as garry neville ****ed around and picked the kid who had one shot and hung round wide while a long ball was pumped over an old timers head. The absolute rat couldn't even bring himself to just pick salah for a worldie goal and assist and performance where he was in the rb slot and pen area making clearances too.

the media are too busy talking about gob as well.

2. moreinjuredthanowen

<doh> <ok>

3. Gerrardsitchyear

Gerrardsitchyear Well-Known Member

Even though City were better than us in the first half, it was a low quality half with lots of passes and mis-controls from both teams.

We were far too passive, without the ball, not pressing and putting pressure on the ball-player, making it far too easy for them.

Second half we were braver with the ball, playing the extra pass and pressing. City had only conceded 6 shots on goal all season before yesterday and we made 4 (all in the second half), so shows what we can do when we get it together.

Salah was genius, first with the assist, but the goal was Maradona-esque. Should have held on when we got our noses in front for the second time. it was an unlucky deflection and thought Alisson would have saved the shot otherwise.

organic red likes this.
  4. moreinjuredthanowen

klopp made an interesting point on the first half where he excused the midfield and instead said the back line was too deep and making too big a gap.

Milner was on toast all first half. matip looked really on edge.

There is no excuse for what we did twice as if you look at the goals they go really harshly both could easily have been stopped wide. Jesus run in particular was absolutely terrible defending form the midfielders.

The sad thing was that lot could have been there still today and not scored a set peice. We should have hacked lumps out of kdb and jesus. jones and hederson left the park without a card. robertson failed to get one it think?

We threw away 2 points second half but the game really should have been out of sight first half for them.

5. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  6. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

Salahs goal was quality, but the first was a great worked team goal and Salah drives down the wing and lays it off perfectly.

Salah always at his best when running at people

7. Darwinism

Darwinism Well-Known Member

we really should have won this game. I admit on the balance of the whole game a draw could be a fair result but how did Fabinho miss that open goal?

I slightly underestimated City. Foden had a good game on the right in the absence of TAA. But Salah was amazing and world class. He made the difference and we could have had the 3 points despite a lack lustre first half.

8. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

^^^^ Still this ^^^^

9. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Solid is still on for an unbeaten season. Not lot a game in any comp while he’s doing the threads.

10. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

He is, but it's trophies that count ;)

11. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

People will only remember your match threads for the terrible last season

12. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

You underestimated brentford aswell
    Tbh i dont mind that and i love how positive you are
    But so far this season i have four or five of the results correct including picking our two draws.

i am not saying brentford are better than us and i always worry about everything let alone games. However football is not based on paper - other factors come into this
    Form, injuries, crowd, weather all sorts that is why football is awesome

the biggest difference between us, city and chelsea is squad depth
    We all know it, our first 11 can be devastating
    Should be a good season :)

THE FOOL and Darwinism like this.
  13. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

Moments like that Salah goal are the reason we love the man, the team and the game. More please.

Bumps and moreinjuredthanowen like this.
  14. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Wait until this season ends...

15. moreinjuredthanowen

the entire first half are moments where reasons to burn anfield to the ground ;)

in the end we decided we were not playing the game we wanted by being too negative then we went positive. Scored 2 and conceded 2.

our first goal cancelo got done by salah too easy and then the run , pass and finish are quality.

Their first goal was utterly pathetic defending v jesus but a quality finish from foden.

Our second was a genius finish from a nothing position were jones played it to a man with 3 round him.

their second again was quite poor defending and failure to pick up.

sums up the game really, moments being dressed up and marvellous football. Exciting in the second half but nowhere near the quality of game being claimed by some pundits.

City are being praised yet played grealish up top and he was useless. they have no cutting edge bar long switch over milner really. second half as we came out kdb came into it as jones failed to pick him up.

We really had little cutting edge at all and hoofed it at mane which was rubbish. yet should really have scored 3 or 4. madness really. Jota missed the target and fabinho took too long then didn't lace it. Crazy stuff, nuetrals love it but neither team would win a CL playing like that.

THE FOOL likes this.
  16. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think City finish about 10 clear of Liverpool and Chelsea but LFC or CFC win the CL.

17. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Take it you've not heard? Man Utd are winning the CL this season mate, their fans have bagsied it!

organic red likes this.
  18. moreinjuredthanowen

not a chance.

not unless they get to christmas level and buy a forward jan 1.

19. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

City were better than us and were it not for salahs brilliance we have lost deservedly.

I have no doubt had you not been so cocksure about victory the jinx gods would take pity on us but like the brentford game you pissed them off by goading them before hand.

You should learn from this as i wont be so nice next time:emoticon-0172-mooni

20. Darwinism

Darwinism Well-Known Member

Are you a child? Believing in that jinxing rubbish! :emoticon-0100-smile

The reality is that we could have easily got the three points. My positive prediction had such an effect that we dropped 2 points. I cant believe a sane rational grown up can think like that.

: 7-1 to us