1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Liverpool v Norwich City

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by DUNCAN DONUTS, Jun 14, 2019.

?

Who shall win ?

1. Liverpool

32.1%
  2. Draw

53.6%
  3. Norwich city

14.3%
  1. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Pretty please Alek we may not be able to sit together though. :(

2. woodbine

woodbine Well-Known Member

A West Sham supporter replied to this tweet saying they were playing the best team in the world and much better than Liverpool, but the last time I checked Liverpool are Champions of Europe.

3. DUNCAN DONUTS

I'm watching Bournemouth v Sheffield United hoping Bournemouth win.

4. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

There was a seat near me free for Tue Chelsea game
    PS - it's Alex!! :emoticon-0102-bigsm

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.
  5. DUNCAN DONUTS

I'm working 3pm to 11pm this week .<yikes>

I think we play Chelsea Aug 24th 12:30

6. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Yes, that's right and of course it's sold out now.
    Ticket for Citeh (on Sky) anyone???

7. DUNCAN DONUTS

If you can get me a ticket then YES please.
    14th September 17:30

JM Fan likes this.
  8. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

9. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

We're going to have to dig deep at times this year, and this is one of them.

10. Farked19

Farked19 Well-Known Member

I don't really feel that way. It's a totally unexpected season in terms of participating at this level and I for one have no expectations apart from that we can put out a good, attacking team that while it may get beaten on a regular basis can still put in performances like we did last night. The only niggle is the pundits. If people of the calibre of Jurgen Klopp can give us praise I don't know why inconsequential has beens need to offer their worthless opinions.

11. DUNCAN DONUTS

If you dig deep to come to terms with a team full of kids, that got beat by the Best team in Europe then you will reach Australia before August has finished.

We are in safe hands chill tfo

12. CitySlicker2010

CitySlicker2010 Well-Known Member

Just watched Sky Sports highlights. The defence was not good in the Championship so it’s going to be exposed this season. Series of errors led to goal 2 and the usual set piece problems led to goal 3. I was hoping to see Stieperman’s efforts early in the game, but it was not to be. I see Aston V. lost away to Spurs by 3 - 1 a similar result to ours at Liverpool, having spent mega millions on virtually a new squad. Perhaps we might bring in some new defenders in January if it looks like we are struggling?

13. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I'm sorry cs, but I don't agree. Yes, we were defensively naive for goals 3 and 4 in particular, but we had a much improved 2nd half. We also have Klose, Zimbo to return to fitness and Amadou to add to the ranks.
    Perhaps if we're still being as charitable in defence by the end of September I might agree with you.

14. JediCanary

JediCanary Well-Known Member

Thank-Your Brighton & Burnley for both winning 3-0 against Watford & Southampton respectively to put City out of the bottom 3 (and we're only behind Villa on a goal difference of 1, yet they spent over £100m+ on their squad) Fulham pt2?

DUNCAN DONUTS and JM Fan like this.
  15. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

So welcome to MotD and being on last. :emoticon-0121-angry
    Shearer was spot on re Aarons not defending well against Origi, but he'll learn from it and move on.
    Looking forward to watching the Newcastle game and I DON'T see it as a '6 pointer' this early in the season, but obviously I'd love to see a win!! :emoticon-0102-bigsm

Edit - A very accurate summary of Friday's game from PD - https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city...ers-liverpool-premier-league-defeat-1-6209409

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  16. Farked19

Farked19 Well-Known Member

I note that they couldn't resist a little dig at Pukki about his defensive positioning at the start of the build up to goal1. Totally unwarranted IMHO. Anything he contributes defensively is a bonus and the OG was merely an incredible piece of bad luck. I remember thinking that had it been in front of the Liverpool goal and Pukki had done that it would have been called a fluke goal.

JM Fan likes this.
  17. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

one thing people keep overlooking is XG, which I know a lot of people will wave away but on average over a number of games is actually a pretty good measure of who got lucky

Take Tottenham vs Villa, where the XG was 2.57 - 0.64, so pretty accurate. Other games, like Burnley vs Southampton of course ended 3-0 but XG was 0.89 - 1.09, so Burnley got hugely lucky by that measure.

Ours was Liverpool 1.45 - 0.91 City. So pretty much the right result but as is often the way with football not reflected in the score

18. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

I think it’s motd policy for Friday night matches to be on last, so I don’t think that means much on this occasion

JM Fan likes this.
  19. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Perhaps I didn't express it well but what I meant was keeping a focus on the fact that the overall approach is right whatever happens in a single match. Like others, I was down at half-time because the way we were going looked like ending in a 6-0 or 7-0 thrashing. That changed in the second half, probably because of DF's team talk. We cut out the naive mistakes like trying to play tika taka passes in our own penalty area and not being so gung go at getting up the pitch. We looked a lot better for that and had we done that from the start, the result would probably have been a lot closer and the pundits wouldn't have had so much to crow about. Hopefully the lessons have been learned.

I watched the Spurs - Villa game which was the complete opposite. Villa scored a breakaway goal early on and then parked the bus to frustrate Spurs, which they did until well into the second half as Spurs were also wasteful with the 20+ chances they had. When they finally scored, Villa carried on packing the defence. Spurs scored again and Villa were locked into defending mode. Spurs then scored again and it ended 3-1. It made me glad we didn't lock ourselves into defending at Anfield.

20. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Suggests to me the retard who penned this gave up watching
    and went down the pub at half time <doh>

DAILY MAIL
    European champions get Premier League season off to good start as they batter Norwich

If Liverpool play like this all season they may or may not win the Premier League.
    If Norwich play like this all season they will most certainly go down.

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city...&utm_source=eshot&utm_campaign=newsletterlink

JM Fan and RiverEndRick like this.