1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

LJ out (or not)

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Prehab26, Nov 2, 2021.

?

In or out ?

1. In

22 vote(s)
    14.4%
  2. Out

97 vote(s)
    63.4%
  3. Still undecided

34 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. TopCat_

TopCat_ Well-Known Member

As you'd expect given our structure

2. Weelid85

Weelid85 Active Member

Agreed, I was just playing on words. The smiley face i put on the end didn't show for some reason.

3. David Robertson

David Robertson New Member

Thing is I can’t see us in the top six in January even if we finished in a play off place LJ will not get us promoted so KLD has be brave now and sack him , how much longer must we stay in this ****e league

4. FellTop

FellTop Well-Known Member

No offence mate but what is the point of speakman if KLD makes that decision? KLD appointed football experts because he isnt one. The last thing we need is a trigger happy owner with limited know how.

Now dont get me wrong, I am all for giving him my support whilst he is investing wisely. But lets have it right Speakman is in charge of footy, as appointed by KLD, and needs to be making this call, not KLD, otherwise we might as well do away with the structure we have and so wisely built.

The buck always stops with the manager they used to say. Fair enough. Johnson is the head coach though in a structure that does not have place for a manager. Johnson is clearly in the firing line, fronting up for his staff, but lets not forget those other key figures too who are also accountable. I can only hope if Johnson goes those making the decision to sack him say they made a mistake in appointing him, hold their hands up and say they share responsibility, if he doesnt even last a season. Those who appointed him would be to blame too.

5. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

I find myself checking the profile of some of the very negative posters... do we have an infestation from the chopping brigade?

6. LeeBarryCattermole

LeeBarryCattermole Well-Known Member

I'm sure Speakman will be a big part of any discussing regarding the managers job and will definitely be part of any contingency plans they might have already started drawing up, but ultimately even if it was Speakmans idea the final decision is KLD's because he's the owner.

7. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

Time to update the spreadsheet...

Manager.GIF

Nig, Ozzymac, Daz and 8 others like this.
  8. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

9. Iain

Iain Well-Known Member

You can only really compare, Johnson Ross and Parkinson as they are the only 3 that managed in this league, we all know how bad Parkinson was, however if you look at the other 2 points total they both average 1.8 points per game, so if Ross wasn't good enough then does this mean Johnson isnt

10. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see how they compare in 15 games time when Johnson has had the same number of games as Ross.

11. The Redbaron

The Redbaron Well-Known Member

My lad was telling me game for game LJ stats win/loss ratio is worse than Parkisaurus.. The last 25 games , he has won 12 I think my lad said..

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  12. The Norton Cat

Possibly, but overall Johnson has won 55% of his games with us whereas Parkinson won 35.71% of his.

Nordic and FellTop like this.
  13. The Redbaron

I dont see where 55% comes in if he has only won 12 out of 25 games but then I'm no mathematician.

14. The Redbaron

From the SMB so i cant verify accuracy...

Lee Johnson has an average of 1.54 points per game. Phil Parkinson had 1.53 this season. The stat that has actually improved is goals against - surprising considering we are playing with one less man at the back, and committing more men forward.

Despite this, we are still scoring around the same number of goals per league game this season (1.4) as under Phil Parkinson. In defence however, where we were conceding around 0.9 goals per game under Phil Parkinson, it has improved slightly in Lee Johnson’s eleven league games to 0.81.

Despite what others may say it dosen't look encouraging.

Random lad likes this.
  15. The Norton Cat

That's from all 60 of his games with us. The 12 out of 25 might be right <ok>

16. Bank of England 2

Bank of England 2 Well-Known Member

That's a very good piece and going 3 at the back would be a good solution to our defensive frailties imo. Flanno, Doyle and Alves/Younger for me with Arby coming into the reckoning once fit.
    Play Cirkin and Huggins as wing backs (Winny/09 until Huggins is fit) with Evans/Winny, Neil and Embleton/09 in midfield and a front 2 of Stewart and Broadhead to stretch the opposition and run them ragged.

I agree that Rome wasn't built in a day and that our rebuild will take time, but part of that rebuild is ensuring we have the right man at the helm. Hopefully we do, but if there is no turn around by the end of November then I would be looking to bring someone else in to give him time to assess his squad and identify targets.

The Norton Cat likes this.
  17. Bank of England 2

Bank of England 2 Well-Known Member

I totally agree with what you're saying. The biggest problem for me is that if we don't go up this season, we may not keep Dajaku and Hoffman, Broadhead may return to Everton and our star striker is highly likely to move on in the summer, which in it's own way would wreck the core of the squad, as you put it.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  18. Daz

Daz Well-Known Member

Can’t really blame people for being negative at the minute though. Fair enough we were always going to have a blip in the season but it’s the manner of the defeats and the seemingly lack of tactical ideas from the man in charge.

Wes, Makemstine Roger and Random lad like this.
  19. Zidane

Zidane Well-Known Member

We will always judge Sunderland while in League 1 against a top two automatic standard. And so we should.

In that context I would argue we have not recruited well at all. 5 or 6 of the additions (including Dan Neil in that) have got practically zero games experience in senior footie. Is that appropriate for Sunderland in league 1 trying to get automatic? Evans is a good player but is constantly injured. More debatable but resigning mcgeady looks like a mistake as his legs have gone.

We still don't look like we have bridged gap to automatic in my opinion.

20. Confucius

Confucius Well-Known Member

The above is including all games. He has currently oversaw 49 league games, winning 24, losing 13 and drawing 12 in the league. Just short of 1.72 per game, works at around 79 points over 46 games . Which still falls well short of autos from last season

Random lad and Makemstine Roger like this.