1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Lockdowns...

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Commachio, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

The truth

Now in the 3rd one, and surely i can't be the only one that is struggling with it.
    I'm finding this one much harder than the others. Maybe a combination of the **** weather.

At least i have work, but for a year that is all i have done. Work and home, i'm sure i'm going insane. I'm a right tight ****, and now even shop online just to past time.

Am i alone in thinking, i'm ****ing sick off this?

I reckon without work, i would have gone completly mad by now.

So what random **** gets you through it?

2. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

I retired just before the first lockdown and was just getting used to the wife 24 hrs a day so it not has affected me that much

We are surrounded by countryside so we spent hours walking out in the sunshine during the first one

The last two have resulted comfort eating and drinking so we have put on weight and not seeing family is not good but apart from that all is good

No mental health issues apart from random arguments with people I dont even know on here (Joking)

3. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I don't find it that tough myself but having to deal with my families issues is difficult. Not that I'm saying it's easy, it's certainly not.

4. Libby

Libby 9-0

Nah you ain't the only one Comm, it's ****ing awful and I'm fed up of doing the same things pretty much every day.

Generally I'm not doing too badly but have bad days where I feel like I'm losing the plot. Was doing well avoiding the booze but drank 18 beers yesterday ffs.

Weather definitely doesn't help with it being dark n miserable, though that should improve soon.

Gonna get myself a mrs when it's all over I think.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  5. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

I take my release in work, happily i've worked right through this. Still think im going a bit stir crazy.

Edelman likes this.
  6. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

I think the weather is the worst part of the latest one and being on your own would make it worse

Schlem Boogerman likes this.
  7. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Crossed my mind several times, but then at 10am each morning, i shake my head and speak to my only girl.

I've been drinking far to much also, which is partly why im pushing for the transfer...

8. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I went through a period of drinking too much during all this, just became a what else is there to do thing but knocked it on the head now and back to weekends only.

remembercolinlee and Commachio like this.
  9. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

It’s doing my nut in, I’m ****ing off to Portugal for at least a month once this **** finally ends.

10. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

End of October I'm off there all going well.

Tobes likes this.

11. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Be 3 years in June since i've seen the bairn... Yes i speak to her everyday via video (internet is a godsend, it would be much worse without it)
    Funny as ****, last week she was stuffing pizza down her throat, pizza on the thai/lao border.<laugh>

Tobes likes this.
  12. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

I have a lot of anger inside me mate, mainly down to work.. The management during a pandemic is making me boil.

I guess we all have a lot of pent up frustrations at the minute... Mental health must must screaming out.

BobbyD, haslam and Tobes like this.
  13. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I found the first one quite easy tbh, probably as the weather was alright and at least I could get outside in the garden. Plus the business was closed, so there was no grief.

But this one has been hard work, being stuck in the house, the business is open and managing issues remotely isn’t easy for me, as I’m a face to face type of bloke. Plus not hardly seeing family and that whenever I chose to, is really starting to grate.

BobbyD and Tel (they/them) like this.
  14. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

the whole thing is turning people stir crazy.
    i couldn't imagine all this time not working, and not being allowed to go anywhere.

i think mental health is gonna be a big one to overcome after this.

15. SaintsForTheWin

SaintsForTheWin Any holes a goal

It’s ****, I hate it. No more to add

16. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I’ve been fine throughout fortunately but it’s a bit grim this morning with a week of dull work (albeit grateful to have work at all) ahead and it’s drizzly outside.

All the football being on has massively helped. And talking to ****s on here.

17. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I know how much your girl means to you mate, and I hope we're through this soon so that you can get out there and see her again.

Commachio likes this.
  18. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Starting to drag this one, as much with the weather being ****e and not being able to get out much at all at weekends. Very fortunate to have kept on working, 100%. There would have been some fractured relations at home if I'd been stuck in the house as well through all this. Some friends are having proper marriage and relationship difficulties in all this and I'm grateful we've been ok in that way (me and the Mrs/kids, not me and you lot)

More concerned about my kids than me, they're getting too bogged down with screen time and it's causing issues. Also just picking at crap food all day, my middle one especially is getting chubby and morose and he's the sporty one usually.

Hopefully they'll be allowed to start sports again after next week and get back on with a bit of fresh air and fitness.

I weighed this morning, I need to lose a stone. That's being house bound at the weekend really. Same applies to me as it does my kids, idle eating of **** and casually drinking.

No booze in the week from now and no more takeaway meals, got to stop. At least the evening aren't as dark now l and there is genuine light at the end of the tunnel infection rate and vaccine wise.

Should all start becoming better soon, things will open up in stages from March.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  19. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I've been working through this lockdown, but running my own business it means I can do as much or as little as I like, so it's just been ticking over tbh. But it's kept my hand in and given me a bit of routine. Also been homeschooling my daughter, so that gives the week some structure. Although at times it ends up in tears and tantrums ... and I don't like my little un' seeing me like that :bandit:

Other than that, I'm just keeping fit and active, out on the bike, in the surf (when it's on) and going for beach/moorland walks. Also got my old dear to take care of as she's on her own and I've got a couple of projects on the go, one with the business and another making a new surfboard. So I'm managing to fill my time and stay positive.

20. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

Me & the Mrs were already fairly housebound , due to physical reasons , and the first on didn't make that much difference but this one has really dragged and i worry that our already restricted social life may be even smaller afterwards .
    Our drinking is getting a out of hand plus i worry about the wifes mobility by the time she feels safe enough to restart her physio which continued throughout the first .

Commachio likes this.