1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Looks like sale is approved, finally some light ahead.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, May 24, 2022.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Having made a pigs ear of the entire sanctioning saga, the hapless and hopeless British Government is FINALLY going to approve the sale.What a shambles, what a waste of oxygen this has become with players , employees and fans lives disrupted while the Govt. muddled through what to do next. Hipocracy reigns in Downing street with houses, and other assets untouched, but the Club turned on its ear. Sanctions have been handled in a far more efficient way all over the world, better than this lot managed.
    Anyway, looks like it's over now and we can look forward to solving the jigsaw that we've been left with.
    Good luck to Audi and the owners, and a great summer to posters.

BobbyD, Bodinki and Diego like this.
  2. Chelsea Pensioner

Well it's finally done and dusted, best news possible, now the rebuilding begins. Hope they prioritise sales as well as purchases, far too much mediocrity hanging around.
    Really looking forward to what Audi has in mind for his rebuilding targets, this might be the first time he will have proper inclusion in the decisions.

Diego likes this.
  3. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Your'e not too far off, good backing this window and there could be a 3 way fight for the title next year.

That said, you do have some very good defenders to replace and still need a prolific/clinical striker.

4. Chelsea Pensioner

You can say that again. Someone like Jules Kounde would be brilliant, no Rudiger like for like ,but clever tough and creative. Young Chalobah should fit well after a breakout season, Silva the rock for one game a week. We do have a couple of cracking youngsters like Levi Colwill too, but they need a season to bed in. So another top notch defender is looking on the cards even if we do get Kounde. Strikers ?? I throw my hands up, every one we get is a dud, so I'll stay out of that, except to say Broja should be in the squad.

Diego likes this.
  5. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Could be a 4 way fight if Conte keeps Spurs improving at the same rate.

Bristol Blue and Diego like this.
  6. Chelsea Pensioner

Spuds slipped in under the rug, Conte did an excellent job with them. Will he get the funds to improve them, maybe, can they keep Harry Kane almost certainly now they have European football. Im not going to worry about Spurs though, we've got plenty to worry about ourselves.

7. CFC: Champs £launderx17

We need some ambipedal players. Likes of Alonso too one-footed

8. Chelsea Pensioner

Reece james is a goodun !! To be fair to Alonso, when we had our really good run he was a key part because the Team as a whole was balanced. He scored some cracking goals and pulled his weight. When we were struggling, slow at the back and out of form, his constant stopping and turning the ball back with his "good" foot was painful. "Real" two footers at top level are hard to find, but sure come in handy. I'd settle for a one legged striker if he could put the ball away .

9. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

I think we’ll be further away from the title than we were this season...too much to do in the transfer window.

We’re probably going to need 2 maybe 3 centre backs. Cover at wing back is Azpi/Alonso leave, a striker if Lukaku leaves. Add to that I think were crying out for a new midfielder who can run the game and a consistent wide player who’ll get 15+ league goals a season.

10. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

Conte’s a fantastic manager. I was surprised when he took the Spuds job - with proper financial backing he could easily win a top honour for them.

11. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

All depends on Levy mate, he had a manager that got them to a CL final and then refused to back him because he was happy with CL money and didn't see the need to throw it away on new players.
    Conte has now got them back in the CL and may get players to keep them there but i doubt he will get enough for a push at the PL title.

Naas Blue likes this.
  12. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

From what I remember, Conte had just won the FA Cup for us and he asked the club for two Italian defenders that we needed so as to replace the ageing John Terry and Gary Cahill. The club wouldn’t give him the money for them so he left. I can’t see Conte hanging around at the Spuds if he doesn’t get the money he wants for the players he wants.

Diego likes this.
  13. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

So rumour has it that Roman added a clause that said his investment in the club must be matched by the new owners and no money can be taken out for 10 years. We may well be looking good for the future!

14. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

that summer was probably their biggest ever spend and it was reputedly for players Poch really wanted <laugh>

15. Bullet tooth Tony

The only thing I have against Conte is his treatment of Diego Costa, It was poor to put it mildly as at the time he was amongst the most fearsome strikers, and target men in the world. Conte for some reason got rid of a proven goal scorer and one of my favourite players of the day for reasons only known to himself.

16. Chelsea Pensioner

Conte does seem a tad hair- triggered, but that's maybe why he's a good manager. These feuds between managers and certain players are a pain, I'm thinking maybe Costa is not the easiest bloke to live with. Look at Pogba, fabulous talent, pain in the arse for every manager he plays for. Then Frank and Rudi, that was a shame. Thumbs up to Audi who had a big problem with Alonso but rose above it. Can't see Conte doing that ,so perhaps that's his achilles heel ?/

17. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Whilst I agree that Conte was weird as **** for telling him in a text that he wanted rid of one of the best strikers in Europe for **** knows what reason, Costa didnt exactly cover himself in glory with his behaviour afterwards, staying in Brazil and refusing to come back and effectively going on strike. Yeah I get it, but it was ridiculous behaviour

18. Bullet tooth Tony

I rest my case.

19. Bullet tooth Tony

[QUOTE="Chelsea Pensioner, post: 15885039, member: 1013403"]Conte does seem a tad hair- triggered, but that's maybe why he's a good manager. These feuds between managers and certain players are a pain, I'm thinking maybe Costa is not the easiest bloke to live with. Look at Pogba, fabulous talent, pain in the arse for every manager he plays for. Then Frank and Rudi, that was a shame. Thumbs up to Audi who had a big problem with Alonso but rose above it. Can't see Conte doing that ,so perhaps that's his achilles heel ?/[/QUOTE]
    Yet we hear Costa was a totally different person off the pitch, laughing and joking all the time not so serious, may be that is why Conte got rid.

20. Chelsea Pensioner

Yet we hear Costa was a totally different person off the pitch, laughing and joking all the time not so serious, may be that is why Conte got rid.[/QUOTE]
    Frustrating that we'll never know !! Maybe it's just 2 like minded tough nuts butting heads and both losing.

Bristol Blue likes this.