1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic LOWE RESIGNS

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ryan Lowe has resigned to accept the job of manager of PNE.

PAFC have announced that Steven Schumacher is the new manager.

Rumours were that Lowe wasn't the first choice....but others required a higher payout than the Argyle rate of £250,000 to cover the two years left on Lowe's contract.

BUT does Lowe resigning bypass any compensation ?

The Green Army are already complaining that it isn't easy fitting Schumacher into a chant ?

Personally I'm not too bothered about Lowe leaving....many think that Schumacher was the brains of the outfit anyrate.

Not sure if Lowe is Championship quality...especially without Schumacher holding his hand.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
    hp_bedoboy likes this.
  2. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I think Ryan Lowe has dropped a clanger by resigning.....did he expect Schumacher to poodle after him.

With Schumacher being made permanent manager straight away....will that scotch some of Lowe's poaching of staff and players in January.

Okay if he want's Mayor that's fine with me....but I think Mayor would be out of his depth in the Championship.

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Is it true that Schumacher brought his family down to Plymouth and is happily settled into the area.

Whilst Lowe has done the opposite and commutes back home when he can.

4. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

Cheers fellas we will look after him

5. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

good bye lowe.. see you next season

6. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Not happy about that at all. All that bullshit. All a bit of a show then, fooled us all.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

So Ryan Lowe turns out to be Hollowords Mk2.

All the good things he said about the way the club was managed...how he was supported a 100% in everything he did....how he loved the Green Army (he must of kissed the badge at sometime) how he loved playing up to the Devonport end after another victory.....in the end it was all froth and cobblers.

But when the chance came he was gone to a struggling Championship club....who have none of the above securities to under pin what he will try to do.....I just wonder how he will cope at Championship level without Schumacher to hold his hand and do the heavy lifting for him.

This might be just the lift Argyle need with Schumacher fully in charge and to fully bring his own ideas to the team......I hope they can respond at MK tomorrow and get us moving forward.

Okay....Lowe will be nearer his family full time now....and i assume more dosh in his pocket.....if that is worth more than the secure situation he had at Argyle than it's good he's gone now and not later.

Scenario....we get promoted and Preston get relegated...how good that would feel.....or we end up in the same league next season...and the welcome the Devonport end would give him....is worth waiting for.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Without Schumacher holding his hand you might be getting a damp squid.....he can tell a good story to you until something better come along.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Where is sensible at the moment.....Lowe hasn't taken him oop north with him...as he.

10. milton archer

milton archer Well-Known Member

Think he used to dubbin Tom Finney's boots so may have connections up there.

11. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

The thing to remember is that this club is managed like a proper business. There's a philosophy, a system and a structure.

Budgetary control
    Players on longer term contracts
    A style of play
    The Academy integrated into the playing style
    Analytics

It's a system, not one man.

12. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I was ironically at Home Park today to get my booster jab. This with me leaving there at somewhere around 3pm and being totally oblivious to anything going on. I got on a bus to go into Town from there and a couple of Drivers got on and one said he had just heard Lowe had gone. I asked him if he was being serious and he showed me on his phone. It was a bit of a shock for all of 5 minutes. I then thought as said above here we are with another Holloway. I then thought why was I even surprised at anything at all that happens in football. The only people with any sense of commitment to a football club are the supporters. If your owner fits that bill as well then he or she can be included. As for the rest of football people they have about as much sentiment for their employer as a Crocodile has for a Wildebeest in a river.

When Holloway left Argyle having sworn his love only the same day by doing his book signing the team he went to were in a bit of trouble in the league. I remember thinking that I hoped they would get relegated to teach him, not the club, a lesson in life. They were. So, sorry Preston. Nothing against you as a club but I hope we pass you going the other way and as soon as possible. I would just laugh and laugh and laugh. I actually agree with Plym for once (please don't faint). I now like to think that Schumacher was the work horse and Lowe was the mouth and face. Maybe we have just kept the better half of the duo.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

You are allowed to agree with me at times sensible....but don't make a habit of it.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Surely Lowe resigning wasn't away of Preston avoiding paying Argyle compensation....if so that would be underhand and disgusting.

If that isn't so ...why resign...that's not the normal procedures for a manager moving on.

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Either they pay the compo or Lowe does. He had a contract so he couldn't just walk away. I think the compo is just a worry about nothing.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Blinking heck we've dropped down to 6th after tonights games.....sack Schumacher and bring Lowe back.

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

No, Lowe could see us sinking and deserted like the rat he is. To be fair we knew we were going to drop a couple didn't we.

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Why did I never take to Ryan Lowe....whilst things were going reasonable well it just sounded like sour grapes on my part....the capitulation at the end of last season when we dropped down the league....but always knowing we already had enough points.....it was worrying that Lowe didn't seem to know how to reverse the trend of continually losing games....eventually accumulating 80 goals against.

I now wonder how this last summers transfer market success..... in bringing in the right players was down to good backroom staff analyse and nothing to do with Lowe's managerial abilities.

His post match chats never impressed me....all the right sound bites....but even then was he planning his escape.....and not even to a a better club....and without his righthand man.....had Schumacher got fed up of Lowe getting all the pats on the back.

It looks like to me that PAFC had hinted to Schumacher that he was in the driving seat if Lowe moved on.....had the club seen it coming that Lowe was on the lookout to jump ship. Even though he had the fortune of having a sound and financially run club behind him.

I tell you I will be watching Preston's results in the coming months and if things don't go well I might just have the hint of a smirk on my face.

We just need to make sure that Steven Schumacher has all the right support around him in these early weeks as he learns the ropes as No1 man.....best of luck to him.

Post match interviews with the manager in future might come across as more genuine then the glib comments of the previous man.

19. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Bet you felt you got jabbed up the arse when got on that bus lol!

20. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Yes Lowey without Schuey might turn out undesirable and yes Schuey was probably the brains so not too bothered really....COYG!
    Finally got iptv so can watch all the games here in Malta