1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic LOWE RESIGNS

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just checked out Lowe's interview at PNE.

Puke is the first thing that comes to mind......"A privilege to be here"...."get this great club to the place it should be".....so full of himself ....yes puke just sounds appropriate for the occasion.

2. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Just had a thought....if Preston and Argyle both got through to the FA Cup 4th round....we could draw them at home.....and we could really give Lowe a thought or two on what we think of him.

3. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I suppose one day we'll hear the truth on this. It's an odd move timing wise and he's opted for a team 12 places higher than us in the league, which seems to be aiming rather low (no pun intended).

There's certainly a lot of very specific and quite salacious speculation out there. If it's true, then the first question is whether this was entirely a football decision and the second was it entirely Lowe's decision or was it made for him?

The club certainly seemed well prepared. The news broke publicly at around 11am on Tuesday. By 2pm, Lowe had gone and Argyle had appointed Steven Scumacher. Interestingly, Lyndy said at 11pm yesterday that he'd had a busy 36 hours, so this all seems to have occurred in two working days.

Back in October 2019, Schumacher was interviewed bt the 'Erald and said "We complemented each other when we both played together at Bury. I was captain and he was star striker, scored all the goals. Ryan, as a player, was exactly the same to what he is now, and I was probably exactly the same. I’m a little bit more thoughtful. Ryan is a little bit more passionate, instinctive, off the cuff". So maybe a few less fist pumps at the Devonport End and what a boss of mine used to call "intellectual horsepower".

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Lyndy did tell us yesterday (10.49pm) on the prediction site that it had been a busy 36 hrs.....he had missed posting last nights predictions because of it.

Lowe said in his Preston interview that he had already been talking with the players....so he was well gone by then from Argyle.

5. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You need to go back several weeks to the start of this I'm informed. Try infidelity as a reason for a swift exit. Only saying what I've heard mind.

6. notDistantGreen

Ditto Sensible, but on a infidelity scale of 1 to 10, if true, it's a easy 10.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

If only we had a link to management,,,,doh.

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

His wife could have taken him to the "cleaners". Or so I heard anyway. There are a few things in life I cannot abide and cheating when married is one of them. It puts a person in a whole new perspective. If what I heard was true then he deserves all that he gets and more.

9. notDistantGreen

I'm afraid I can't be taking the moral high ground but there's cheating and then there is spectacular tabloid page 1 cheating.

If true of course. If it is true, a lot of people seem to have known about it but said absolutely nothing until the very second the ink was dry on the resignation letter with not the faintest hint beforehand. That I find suspicious. You can see how some bitter individual could have kicked it off. It doesn't take much to start a Twitter Storm.

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Well I can take the moral high ground notdistant. When I got married it was to one person and for life. If you make that vow then it is binding as long as the marriage is there. I don't have a view on divorce being wrong by the way. If a relationship fails then it's ok but before you start anything new you end the last one properly and openly. Having an affair is not ok under any circumstances in my world.

Of course other people knew you cannot keep something like that a secret in the circles somebody like him moves. I don't like keeping it a secret if you know either. It shows what you could be capable of as well if you think somebody else is ok doing it. I repeat my last comment above. He deserves all he gets if this was true.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Yes I agree with sensible (doh)...marriage is for life....we're up to 57.5 yrs.....you get less by far for murder.

12. notDistantGreen

"Marriage isn't a word, it's a sentence" - as they say.