1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Luis Suarez

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by YorkshireHoopster, Jan 7, 2013.

1. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Nothing to debate about the handball itself. Blatant piece of cheating. But what about Brendan Rodgers? Not Suarez' responsibility to own up??? Well thanks for clearing that moral dilemma up for us. What a joke. If the FA had any balls it would put Rodgers on a charge of bringing the game into disrepute and order a replay at Anfield with all the proceeds going to Mansfield.

2. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Sorry mate, but it's professional sport. If Suarez had owned up his club would have fined him!

3. Eamon Holmes

Eamon Holmes Well-Known Member

If the FA had balls they would be affraid that Suarez would touch them. Safer with no balls.

4. Vale_Hoops

Vale_Hoops Well-Known Member

I doubt they would have fined him too much bad press if they did. Personally I don't blame Luis Suarez but the state of the game today, it's turned into win at all cost because of the money.

If the grey matter serves me correctly Robbie Fowler was one on one with a Keeper, they collided and was given a penalty and the Keeper was sent off but he went to the Ref and said I trip and it wasn't the keeper fault and the ref revert the decision. While there were never any repercussions, I remember Robbie saying (due to pressure)he wouldn't do it again and things have got worse since then.

5. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Yes please!

6. Stamford Brook R

Stamford Brook R Well-Known Member

What Oslo said.

7. YorkshireHoopster

I remember Steve Kember once admitting to a ref that the ball had not crossed the line when he shot for Palace in the old Div 1. Nobody, fan or player said he ws wrong to do so even though it cost Palace in that game. I'm afraid that i have to disaagree with the pathetic excuse being trotted out by some that it's professional sport and blame that. We have allowed that to happen. Anybody who says so must promise never again to complain about opponents beating us as a direct result of cheating.

The attitude that a player can handle the ball deliberately and if the ref does not see it its ok is as rotten as the same mentality that allows pundits to excuse an attacking player who hurls himself to the ground everytime he goes in the penalty area in order to con a ref. They say repeatedly he (let's call him Ashley Young for the sake of argument) was "entitled to go down". That should never be so. The rule should always be that a player should try to stay on his feet. If it was a genuine foul, it will cause him to lose control in some way and miss the shot. The ref then has the option to call the penalty. Basically, you play the advantage rule. If he is unimpeded, the result stands whether he scores or misses. That way if he is deprived of the clear opportunity as a result of the foul the ref can then give the penalty. It's not rocket science. It involves the ref waiting 3 or 4 seconds before blowing

8. RichardRanger

RichardRanger Active Member

I seem to remember the Fowler incident a bit differently - he did go to tell the ref that he got it wrong, but the decesion wasn't changed and Fowler got a yellow for dissent with the ref. I stand to be corrected.

9. Vale_Hoops

Vale_Hoops Well-Known Member

Your probably be right Rich, the grey matter often doesn't recall the correct information ,I'm lucky i got Robbie Fowler Right. Gets worse as the years go by.

10. Peruvian Hoopster

Peruvian Hoopster Active Member

The way I remember it was that Fowler then missed the pen deliberately, it was hailed as great sportsmanship.. Suarez has previous, last World Cup saving a certain goal with his hand against Ghana I think it was.
    There is still room for sportsmanship but the cheats rule the roust. I would have loved it if the guy who got 2 yellows a few weeks back but wasn't sent off had pointed out the refs mistake or simply walked off.

11. Kampala Hoop

Kampala Hoop Active Member

what a load of nonsense, if it was anyone else this wouldn't even be a debate. Anyone with the slightest bit of talent who isnt english the press seem determined to push out of english football. Bale is a serial diver, as was Ronaldo before him, now suarez is the arch-cheat because a ball hit his hand and he scored a winning goal. Im sure you'll all be delighted when he and players of his caliber are gone completely from the english game and we can look forward to Charlie Adam and Kenwyn Jones' types filling our game

12. CroydonCaptainJack

CroydonCaptainJack Well-Known Member

Oh I see, so if they are talented it is ok then?

13. Dens Hoops

Dens Hoops Well-Known Member

Just like Henry blatant piece of cheating as for Brendan Rodgers he should go to spec-savers

14. Kampala Hoop

Kampala Hoop Active Member

ah this is nonsense, talent or no talent, if it was anyone else or the media had not kicked up a storm, no one would be talking about it. Any player would have done the same, what is he supposed to do, stop dead and apologise on the pitch. Its not a park game where the players referee themselves

15. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Really bad luck for plucky Mansfield side - they also had a shot stopped on the Liverpool goal line with an arm.

Not just this incident, but what is it about Suarez always kissing the inside of this wrist after he scores?

16. CroydonCaptainJack

CroydonCaptainJack Well-Known Member

But you emphasised the talent in your post?

17. YorkshireHoopster

??????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wtf

18. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

Apparently he has his youngest daughter 's name tattooed there.

19. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

Saurez did the right thing, I would expect every centre forward to do the same, dont think it was deliberate. If it was a QPR player, I doubt anyone on here would moan, do you remember away at Gillingham a few years back, was getting late and we scored with a superb strike, superb if we were playing volleyball, 3 points to us thank you.

20. Ranger74

Ranger74 Well-Known Member

I don't blame Suarez and any team would accept it if they benefited. However Rodgers attempt to play it as accidental is ridiculous and does him no favours at all. He is the twat in this incident!