1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Luke Russe departs

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Academy graduate Luke Russe has today completed a move to Chippenham Town on a permanent deal.

The 21-year-old midfielder achieved a handful of first-team appearances throughout his time with the Gas. Russe racked up 8 appearances in total across two seasons in the first-team setup, making his league debut in a 1-0 away victory over MK Dons in 2018.

In the past two campaigns Russe has spent time on loan, picking up regular experience at both Gloucester City and Chippenham Town, in the National League North/South.

2. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

What a shame a wholehearted player who gave his all for the team, watched him in the U23s and even when they were 3 0 down with about 10 minutes to go he was still urging his teammates to give their ball in search of the goals for the draw.

I wish him the best of every thing in his future career and hope that a league club will see a star of the future and give him another chance

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  3. old timer

Liam Sercombe has signed for Cheltenham and Gavin Reilly has signed for Carlisle

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

He needs regular 1st team football and for some reason he couldn't push himself into the team, unlike Hargreaves. Personally I would have given him 1 more season but with so many options ahead of him, for the best that he goes elsewhere to get what he needs. A shame though.

5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Makes sense for Reilly as close to Scotland. But I'm surprised about Sercombe dropping down to L2. I think he is still good enough for L1.

6. old timer

Reilly scored a lot of goals in the Scottish leagues but after he was signed nobody wanted to give him a fair run of games, think Carlisle have got a good player for nothing and I think he will get goals if he is given a run in the team.

Really hope Luke Russe gets a another chance in league football and makes us regret him leaving

7. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Yep, Chippenham have got a good un' there, that's for sure and I am surprised he dropped down to that level but who knows, sometimes you get spotted more playing for a club like that than perhaps turning in the odd performance for a team like Rovers, another one through the net that Rovers might rue letting go at sometime in the future ?

old timer likes this.
  8. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I heard something on talksport earlier this morning. Due to the wage cap being introduced into L1 and L2, some players may purposely drop down to non league (who wont be having a wage cap) and go part time and their wages may not be much lower to what they are on now and can have another job earning more money and combined will make them be on more than what they would have been in L1 and L2 under the wage cap. Maybe, Russe is planning for this eventuality??

9. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Thought Sercombe might go back to Exeter. I thought Reilly was much better than he was probably given credit for. Carlisle's gain I reckon. He should do well.

10. old timer

According to Bristol Rovers Hashtag twitter Agogo could be off to Mansfield