1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Luton Town v Swansea City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

upload_2021-3-11_12-7-26.png

Luton Town v Swansea City

Competition - Sky Bet Championship
    Date - 13 March 2021
    Kick off - 12.15
    Venue - Kenilworth Road

Following their hard fought 1-1 draw away at Blackburn Rovers, next up for Steve Cooper’s Swansea squad is another away match, this time at Luton.

On Tuesday evening, the Swans missed the chance to move into second place in the Championship as they were held by Blackburn at Ewood Park.

Bradley Dack beat Freddie Woodman from close-range to put the home side ahead.

But a fourth penalty in as many matches, scored by Andre Ayew before half-time, earned the Swans a valuable point.

The draw saw the Swans move level with second-placed Watford on 66 points, with a game in hand, while Rovers go above Preston into 14th position.

However, Brentford play on Friday evening and a win would put them ahead of the Swans on goal difference, albeit the Swans would have a game in hand.

Last Saturday, the attacking talents of Pukki, Todd Cantwell and Emi Buendia were too hot to handle for a Luton side playing with confidence after back-to-back victories.

Pukki smashed in the opener from Cantwell's pass and the in-form striker made it 2-0 just before the break, turning the ball home on the stretch at the far post for his ninth goal in his past seven appearances.

Cantwell's low 18-yard strike sealed a deserved win after the break against a Luton side still 12 points clear of third-bottom Rotherham.

The Swans have played the Hatters on 53 previous occasions, winning 20, drawing 11 and losing 22.

In the corresponding fixture last season, the Swans ran out 1-0 winners thanks to a late Andre Ayew winner:

Turning to Saturday, I have a feeling that Cooper will make a number of changes to freshen up the side following a number of lacklustre performances.

On that assumption, I’m expecting that the Swans will run out 1-2 winners. <cheers>

2. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

Thanks Taff, this is a game we should and must win really. Not hopeful in our scoring ability so its a 0-1 win for the Swans

3. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

Blackburn to do us a favour tomorrow evening and back to winning ways at Luton, 1 - 2

After that we can all become bluebirds for the afternoon <laugh>

4. Taffvalerowdy

Ha ha - I remember when they played Blackpool in the Play-Off Final the year before we beat Reading.

My mate changed the song ‘I’m Swansea til I die’ to ‘I’m Blackpool til July’ ..... <laugh><laugh><laugh>

He sang it throughout the match - it worked, the Scum lost <cheers>

5. Taffvalerowdy

6. Taffvalerowdy

7. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

I’m hoping Cooper now starts to rotate the team. Bennet back in the centre, feel we’re a bit more solid with him in the team. Midfield I’d go with Grimes, Smith, Fulton & Dandha. Lowe needs a break so I’d like to see Whitaker get the nod up top.

I’d like to see what young Cooper can do, so hope we can get a few goals and then Cooper can give him a run out.

I’m going 3-0 Swans.

8. azzuriswan

azzuriswan Well-Known Member

Thanks Taff again....
    If clueless freshens the team up and goes looking for a win from the start we will win by two goals otherwise I think we will struggle again..

9. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I want to see some of the January signings have a game. What we’re doing at the moment has run it’s course and changes are needed.

10. Taffvalerowdy

However the Republic of Ireland midfielder, 32, has disputed the referee's version of events, denying using the swear word in question or calling Drysdale a cheat.

Judge says League One Ipswich have audio from the incident which backs up his claims.

"I've got a decent reputation in the game and I won't stand by and be accused of saying something I didn't and not responding," he said.

"I said the matter was finished and it was but I have to make it clear now that I totally dispute what has been said by the referee."

The commission has imposed a suspension on Drysdale which ran from 19 February to 10 March.

Drysdale will not officiate at an English Football League game this weekend or on Tuesday next week.

11. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

Switched back on for a 3 -0 win

12. Taffvalerowdy

13. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

azzuriswan and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  14. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

So, no favour from Blackburn then, but how on earth could Brentford score the only goal from the penalty spot ?
    Their fans must be fuming, and outraged at the injustice shown to Blackburn. <laugh>
    Oh, the irony. <laugh>

15. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh>

LIBERTARIAN likes this.
  16. daimungeezer

Yep, I hope those very fans manage to persuade the football authorities to dock those unwanted 2 points. They must uphold their moral principles after all <laugh>

neveroffsidereff and LIBERTARIAN like this.
  17. Taffvalerowdy

.... and Blackburn were denied a (clear) penalty right at the end <cheers>

18. daimungeezer

I think the Brentford keeper clattered a Blackburn player and he had to be taken off injured and then Blackburn had to finish the game with 10 as they'd used all their subs <doh>

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  19. Taffvalerowdy

Yes - it was Dack. The incident with the goalie did Duck’s ACL - that’s possibly 10 months out.... and he’s not long come back from his other ACL ....

daimungeezer likes this.
  20. Taffvalerowdy