1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mackem scum!

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Beatski, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Beatski

Beatski Well-Known Member

apologies for the attention grabbing mislead of a title, but it worked...

congrats on the win today, i dont see many other teams pulling it off in the near future.

How did your lads play today? admittedly i dont usually pay a lot of attention to your matches other than reveling in seeing you lose (although tbf i never want you to do too badly - the league wouldnt be nearly as good without the derbys), i probably would have paid more attention today, if i had gotten up in time <whistle>

i think you've got a good manager in MON and was hoping for a bit of insider perspective on how your squad's playing now youve got someone competent at the helm (esp. at LB, which is/was a bit of a prob for both our teams)

p.s. anyone got a vid of the goal today? i havent seen it.

2. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

**** off twat...
    PS...Happy New Year..<laugh>

3. billofengland

billofengland Well-Known Member

Match of the day 2, happy new year.

4. David Moyes' Stupid Face

David Moyes' Stupid Face Well-Known Member

The team looks so much better with MON in charge, ofc it could just be the "new manager effect", only time will tell.

LB is still a problem. I think I'm right in saying bardsley is still our first choice in that position, with Richardson being backup. Neither are natural LBs. Both were out injured today so young Jack Colback (usually a CM, but does have experience in the position from his days on loan at Ipswich) stepped in and, i have to say, did a canny job. Kept johnson quiet for the most part which is no mean feat. I would be very suprised if that becomes his main position though.

As for the goal:

[video=youtube;ny9o1Q_lRoI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny9o1Q_lRoI[/video]

5. Bizarreknives

Bizarreknives Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm gonna be brave and say. Watch out, we're coming for ya.

6. Beatski

happy new year to you too

we both know that MOTD doesnt tell the full story.

offside goal, but its about time some someone got a cut of the green against the 'big boys'.
    Also, it strikes me that Richardson would be an excellent LM/LW, and i dont think you have anyone especially good playing there atm (if im not wrong).
    (also, Johnson blows hot and cold, no offence but i'd put it down to him having an off day rather than your LB performing especially well, although i'd have to reiterate that i didnt see the match)

7. ...And Out Come the Wolve

8. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

I'm sure that all the headlines will be focused on this one decision and miss the fact that the ref gave them everything today..

9. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

They says bad decisions even out. After the debacle of the Everton penalty we deserved our bit of luck today. Ref was all for them AND we have him again for the Wigan match.

10. David Moyes' Stupid Face

David Moyes' Stupid Face Well-Known Member

Very, very barely offside. But yes, ofside nonetheles. Still, it makes up for the shocking penalty decision against us last week! And as MrRAW said, City got their fair share of decisions go their way throughou the game.

Richardson has been our first choice LM, however the young lad James McClean (Unknown from ireland, signed by brucey in the summer for a pittance) looks very promising. He played a full 90 mins for the first time today and I think the general concensus on here at least is that he's already a better winger than Richo, and has the potential to become a top, top player (note the word potential). He is still young and a bit raw though.

Richardson gets alot of unfair stick though (just imo) and tbf I think he's a very decent squad player and would have no problem with him covering either LB or LM in case of injuries.

Fair point about johnson, but he was far from terrible today, did fade in the second half a bit I thought though. Colcack is by no means a natural LB but did play very well there today.

11. Beatski

<laugh>

they say that, but they're not right.

the better your team is the more likely the ref is to side with you; they figure that since the player is better, the more likely it is that they did whatever right (e.g. contentions challenge between defender/attacker, they're more likely to decide that vidic got his challenge right than perch), and give the decision to the better team.

12. Willa Pond

Willa Pond Active Member

What's going on back on the Newcastle NOT606 board?

Tash asking to have his own account banned and actually leaving, Albert's Chip Shop quitting the forums and a few others regulars talking about leaving too... are things looking that bleak on your board??!!!

13. Black Cat Kiwi

Black Cat Kiwi Well-Known Member

To many plastic carry bags bursting :huh:

Update: Apparently gone on holiday with Cest so they say

14. Moorsleymountainman

Moorsleymountainman Active Member

Mackem scum!....

Back at ya, yer Geordie ****..<laugh> (apologies for the attention grabbing reply)

Thanks for the congrats.