1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic mafia 5 pre-game discussion (includes sign up stuff)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by moreinjuredthanowen, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moreinjuredthanowen

It's that time.

After months of nobody caring that I have to ask for sign ups for an international week Mafia game. In order to give some time to host a new game of mafia this thread is for conversation about rules and for people to sign up.

Please indicate you want to join clearly or i may miss you. (as in don't be shy say i'm in!!!!!) I expect nobody cares so if we've less than 10 players we will have to look at it.

Proposed rules:

1) If you're not in the game and are posting it will get deleted if i think its disruptive and giving actual voting input, ghostly voices from the dead will have some leeway: but not much. That's one I'm dead you fools post.

2) I am thinking about the forums milk gave for teams before. What will not occur this time is anyone who dies will not get access to any team boards. It was too tempting for me anyway. Those who dies cannot post on team board either please.

3) The only groups allowed to PM each other or use other boards are the mafia/cops etc. anyone can PM the gamesmaster (me this time). you are expected if you sign up to clear your inbox an/or sent so that you can ALL accept 20/30 pms during game

4) if you want to sign up but feel you might have an issue or time might not suit just say so. Even in PM. Do not take on a role which can affect the game if you feel you will only post a couple of times and miss out of half the game.

5) As the LFC v MAN whoever game is on the 22nd of March we will only start this game Day 1 at 10 am on Monday formally. I hope this gives time for all the usually wummery based on whatever happens in that game. Night 1 falls will be 8pm GMT. I plan one round every 24 hours. Night owls can read the days events, and get first comments. day workers can dodge work. i still suggest all try to get on from 7pm to 8pm to check thier votes.

Everyone should please bank some action and try to use the forum on your team and make an effort especially at 4-5pm if at work and if you've got a problem with 8pm at least have an action and vote banked.

6) Night cycle:

a) No set rules have been developed for this game yet. they will be similar rules as before but you'll know them before the game starts. as a simpleton I won't be tricky like astro with rules.

7) Please BOLD who you are voting for. You may change your mind at any time- but I will only count what you write in bold. Please also specify reason for the vote- round 1 this can be hard because it is all random and no clues to go on, but reading peoples reasons for a vote can be revealing, just as no reason is. Not posting a reason could be construed as "guilty".

"Random Vote" or "Revenge because you voted for me" are usually acceptable reasons in round 1 but not after that.

8) If you have a special role PLEASE bank an action via pm with me. I will accept actions banked on the forums if i use them. if you do have a special role please do try to at least read for the last 10 mins of day and get the best out of your action.

If I find any team has an issue, an people may have issues. stuff happens.... I will in time round allow empowering another team member to take the action. This will include someone has not turned up at all or someone has stopped interacting. I will not allow a team member change an action simply cos they think its right and the other person is not on form 6-8pm or something.

9) Roles:

I've not developed any specific roles yet as I'd like some input from everyone, including are they interested.

10) There will be a chance that one person per round gets struck down by a case of ebola and will miss their chance at voting due to being in hospital bleeding out their rectum. They will return fully cured for the following round. The function of this chance is for the games master to discipline anyone thought seriously to be messing during the round This will be determined AFTER all other nightly activity occurs.

11) final rule = enjoy. its only for fun. everyone is expected to lie, cheat and steal... nobody is innocent but its no reflection on anyone outside of game. Name calling can be someone else getting a bit too into it, tactics (which is not so nice as it spoils the game and likely to backfire on the person doing it) If you are offended use the SPECIAL safe words "at least i'm not as big a C as MITO" (then we can sort it cos you're not able for the whipping obviously.)

Remember: just cos someone can't see the answer doesn't means they are thick. they lack the info to call between 3/4 options. that's all. This is especially true of people with roles in teams thinking they know it all while ordinary townsfolk have no info.

12) List of players so far:

1. RHC
    2. AFCFTW
    3. Bodanki
    4. Astro
    5. Biscan
    6. mikey
    7. magic
    8. Billy
    9. Gerrez
    10. Nozzer
    11. Danilo
    12. Swarbs
    13. Valley
    14. Less hope than neville
    15. The sinful dwarf
    16. trevornufc
    17. BobbyD
    18. goonercymraeg

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  2. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

3. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

I'm in!!!

Though PM me to remind me so I don't forget :p

4. moreinjuredthanowen

when you all go OH GOD england are playing ****ing Lithuania.... kill me now..... that you should think of the mafia game <ok>

5. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Count me in!!

:emoticon-0147-emo:

6. astro

astro Well-Known Member

7. astro

astro Well-Known Member

afcftw

afcftw likes this.
  8. moreinjuredthanowen

and award to earliest vote to goes to..............

9. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Some things I thought worked well:

Having some unknown twists, keeps people guessing a bit and adds to paranoia.

The journalist releasing a newspaper in the day means there are two times per day/night when something happens, keeps things moving but also adds to the host's workload.

In general I think it's important to give players the opportunities to get information. It makes things move more quickly from the random voting and accusing to the legit theory stage. It also means the mafia have opportunities to lie and mislead rather than just sitting back and waiting for townspeople to kill each other.

10. astro

astro Well-Known Member

BTW since the forum has been updated since the last game:

Now we have conversations rather than PMs, is there a limit on them any more? I don't think so, so no filled inboxes?

You can tag people you think might be interested in a post e.g. @Gerrez vote for afcftw he's guilty as ****

You can use hashtags to create bookmarks to posts as well as look cool e.g. if all vote tables contained something like #mafiavotes you could quickly search the voting histories

11. moreinjuredthanowen

I liked the 10 am newspaper. it added some spice. also not knowing if a journo was converted was interesting. I think i will certainly do this is everyone is happy.

Super G Ted'inho and astro like this.
  12. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

13. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Tagging people doesnt alert alert them though... Still be better quoting them so they get an alert.

as far as I'm aware the conversations don't have a limit.

Mito - might be worth asking on the mod board about the limit and mick if he's around could answer. I would but pain on my phone moving around forum.

14. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Really? What's the point then?

15. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

No idea... Guess just a function that links to Twitter

16. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

I've got some ideas for roles and rules that were floated after the last game... Will put them down tonight when on pc when it's easier to type.

Its Around having cash and being able to buy a n action (kill/convert) etc.

Super G Ted'inho likes this.
  17. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

I'm in... although if the game lasts until the weekend I might be sparse.

I may be camping that weekend (assuming weather will be warm them) and internet reception stinks when you're miles away from anywhere.

18. moreinjuredthanowen

hi, the conversations work as a private thread. i can see all my old conversations and they have meny posts in... however.... they only allow what 4 people per one.

19. Magic Ted

Magic Ted Talulah

You'll all be pleased to know that I'm in <ok>

20. moreinjuredthanowen

thats all the unpredictability that astro needs right then then <laugh>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.