1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

maguire to man u rumours

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN, Jul 26, 2018.

1. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

will he wont he ?
    I would be very pissed off if this one happened

2. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Our owners aren't ones to be messed with. No doubt they have seen VVD go for 75m and don't see why they can't get that for Maguire, plus the english tax of course <laugh>

I'd take a cash and Smalling deal though, as he'd need to be replaced, not like we have an abundance of CDs.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  3. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

£65M and Smalling I would sell. Anything less and its a no

4. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Won’t happen this window imo. World Cup talk. He’s one year into a 5 year contract and the owners already get bent over with Mahrez this window, can’t see them selling another key player so close to the end of the window. Maybe next summer if he has a good season and is still of interest, if they are even interested. Could just be paper talk to unsettle. Also co-incidence that we play them first game?

5. Proud Fox

Rob Dorsett

#mufc have made an approach to #lcfc for Harry Maguire. It’s thought United are initially prepared to pay £65m. Leicester have responded by categorically saying he isn’t for sale.

6. Proud Fox

All comes down to Harry now. If he is happy here as he said last week then he isnt going anywhere

If we wants to go tell them to throw Smalling in and accept the offer

7. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

More Man who than U these days so they can do one....

8. jambawamba

jambawamba Well-Known Member

D.D. said he loves the club, but as soon as Chelsea came calling he could not get out of here quick enough.

9. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Same with Kante.

We have offered Maguire a new contract - if he accepts then thats that, if not then lets cash in while the window is open.

10. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Kante never really committed to us tbf, he waited about most of the transfer window for better offers and had a relatively small buy-out clause put in his contract.

If we'd already bought in another CB, i wouldn't mind him leaving at all, its the most we are going to get for him after his world cup performance even if he smashes it next year and is the best CB in the league, but starting with Wes and Evans with Benny as backup ... can't sell ... no chance ...

FosseFilberto likes this.

11. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

I know generally footballers aren't considered the brightest but even they aren't dumb enough to not say that they aren't happy with their current club, whilst under contract and being paid shed loads by said club.

If Harry does go, defensively we're f#kced!

12. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

... big difference is that we had players like Ndidi that were better (potentially) than DD ... he'd struggle to get in our current midfield ... he had 1 great season sandwiched between 2 rather mediocre ones (and that's being kind) truth be told ...

BigFox and HarboroughFox like this.
  13. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I’m relaxed about this (that it won’t happen yet at least). Kante sold due to release clause, Drinkwater we got a great deal on and replaced with Silva (ok yet to work out as planned at the time but hopefully it will) and Mahrez who took two years and 50 odd tantrums to leave. The owners won’t let him go this window unless it’s an unprecedented offer and he can be replaced. I also think Maguire seems level headed and will knuckled down to retain interest from elite clubs next year, he’s young enough he doesn’t t have to panic and rush now

14. Ultimate Warrior

please log in to view this image

15. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Apparently Man Utd are willing to offer Lindelof + cash for Maguire.

If Maguire doesn't sign a new contract, that is a deal I'd be interested in.

16. Proud Fox

We have missed Drinkwater in the sense no one has his eye for a pass or creativity in midfield since he left. The amount of through balls he would put in for Vardy led to alot of goals. Hopefully Maddison will sort that problem out

But in the end he burnt his bridges here by refusing to play. Still leaves as a legend but he has learnt the hard way that getting a “big move” sometimes is the worst thing that can happen

17. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

...as I said ... he wouldn't get into our current midfield ... neither Matty James or Andy King either for that matter ...

Hoping for a lot more from Adrien Silva and possibly Mendy and Kaputska ... you don't get to be captain of Sporting Lisbon without real quality ...

18. Proud Fox

He would. Based on what we have seen so far of Silva, Drinky is much better

I dont get all the hate towards Andy King. He is no world beater but never lets you down. Always good for a goal and a top bloke around the dressing room. Never kicks up a fuss either

James unfortunately physically just isnt upto the prem.

19. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

No hate from me ... realism ... Kingy has been a fine servant ... but the quality we now have is much higher... Drinky had 1 really good season in the Prem out of 3 ... we need to give Silva a proper chance ... and then judge him.

20. Proud Fox

King doesnt have the quality to be first choice. No one is debating that. But I dont get why anyone would want to sell him. He is more then worth his place in the squad. Behind Ndidi, Iborra and Silva, Kingy is our next best midfielder. Amartey looks lost in midfield, Mendy isnt shown us anything yet, James isnt as good as King IMO and not forgetting he cant stay fit

I would like to see Choudhury loaned out. He would benefit more by playing everyweek as to being on the bench