1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Make us smile

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Apr 8, 2020.

1. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

2. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

3. Trammers

Trammers Well-Known Member

4. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Think this is the place for this. A very good friend of ours who played a big role in our kids’ lives when they were small has a fifteen year old daughter who has quite severe cerebral palsy and multiple other physical challenges, including near deafness and very poor eyesight. I do joke with her that her biggest handicap is being a Villa supporter, but that doesn’t work very well at the moment. She plays for Aston Villa Women’s ‘special’ team and loves it.

Her whole life has been a succession of very serious operations, and next week she is back to Great Ormond Street for a brain operation, much delayed because of COVID, and requiring weeks of shielding for her family, so she will be in hospital over Christmas.

Today she got a call from Jack Grealish. He chatted to her for half an hour very effectively apparently (he has a sister with cerebral palsy himself), and invited her to a few games once the restrictions are lifted.

Now, I’m no fan of the Villa, and I can’t say I have had much time for Grealish (can be a very good player but seems a bit of a tit especially when in charge of a vehicle) up to now, but fair play, this was an step well beyond a small gesture and it meant the world to her. I doff my hat to you, sir.

5. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

That's a lovely gesture, well done Jack. I hope her operation is a success mate. It's horrible seeing anyone suffering, especially the youngsters.

Uber_Hoop, sb_73 and UTRs like this.
  6. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

7. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

8. Trammers

This is the sort of thing we need.......

Cadiz: The conquerors of Real Madrid and Barcelona who do things differently

After an absence of 14 seasons, seven of which were spent in the third tier, Spanish football's own Crazy Gang, from the wonderfully vibrant, party-loving city that is Cadiz, are back in the top flight.

Since their return, Cadiz are proving as unpredictable and as entertaining as the city itself. They have won at Real Madrid and beaten Barcelona and are 10th in the league after 14 games, just three points off the European places.

A peninsula city with a wealth of attractive vistas and well-preserved historical landmarks accessed by two main bridges, Cadiz is most famous for its annual carnival, a two-week long fiesta dating back to the 16th Century, second only in importance to Rio de Janeiro's annual knees-up.

Read the rest here..........https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55378524

Sooperhoop and Steelmonkey like this.
  9. Sooperhoop

Form an orderly queue...:grin:

UTRs, Uber_Hoop, kiwiqpr and 2 others like this.
  10. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

11. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

UTRs, Sooperhoop, Steelmonkey and 2 others like this.
  12. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Doctor Who: Saxmundham superfan, 8, given Tardis door frame
    Published
    6 hours ago
    please log in to view this image
    IMAGE COPYRIGHTMANDY TUCKER
    image captionMandy Tucker said she had been overwhelmed by the response on social media
    A mother has told how her Twitter feed "exploded" after posting images of her son's custom-made Tardis door frame.

Mandy and Phil Tucker, from Saxmundham, Suffolk, said the design for their Doctor Who superfan son Luke, eight, was months in the making.

In the TV series, the Time Lord uses the Tardis to travel to any point in time and space, with the telephone box bigger inside than the outside.

Mrs Tucker's tweet about the gift has been liked nearly 150,000 times.

image captionThe door frame, built by Mr Tucker, was about four months in the making
    "Twitter exploded and I had to turn off my notifications," she said. "But it has been so nice to see it make other people smile."

The Tardis was created in the family garage over about four months by school bus driver Mr Tucker, while the family shielded during the coronavirus pandemic.

Mrs Tucker said: "Luke is Doctor Who mad and he said he would love a police public call box.

"We spent the first lockdown doing gardening but, as restrictions continued, this has really helped get Phil through the time at home while he has been furloughed.

"We all enjoy the show and Luke has really taken to it - he likes all of the classic episodes, too. He has a fez, bow tie and scarf - and about six sonic screwdrivers."

'He squealed his head off'
    Having built the door frame in secret, Mr and Mrs Tucker installed it - complete with whirring lights - on Christmas Eve while Luke stayed with another family in the Tuckers' support bubble.

"He spotted the edge of it as soon as he walked in the door," Mrs Tucker said. "He squealed his head off and started shouting 'wow, wow, wow!' and he's been running in and out of the door ever since."

image captionThe door frame, complete with whirring lights, was installed on Christmas Eve

Uber_Hoop, UTRs and kiwiqpr like this.
  13. Sooperhoop

Brilliant... <laugh>

14. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Anyone else enjoying some fast food tonight?

<laugh>

Have a good weekend everyone<cheers>

kiwiqpr and Uber_Hoop like this.
  15. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I always thought Alan Partridge was heavily based on Nick Owen, still evading the retirement age on BBC Midlands. Then I saw this.

UTRs, Stroller, kiwiqpr and 1 other person like this.
  16. Steelmonkey

17. Sooperhoop

18. Steelmonkey

19. Trammers

20. Trammers