1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Make's me sick

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Boogie-Dave, Feb 23, 2011.

1. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

Intelligent response again there lambo.

But tell me, what's so "brave" about the following situation:

Employers: "Err, can we speak to that guy please?"
    Other company: "Sure, we don't really want him".
    That guy: "They don't want me? Fine I'll leave, what have I gotta do here?"
    Other company; "Err, nothing really".
    That guy: "Sounds awesome, when can I start?"

2. doveston

doveston Active Member

broccolii makes me feel sick

3. MattTheTiger

MattTheTiger Well-Known Member

What? :s Have you actually ever been employed by a company? Or at all? If not then how do you come to this ****ty transcript with absolutely no working experience?

4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Employers: "Err, can we speak to the guy that got you out of League One and into the play-off's the following season please?"
    Other company: "Sure, I'm ****ing off to Sheffield Wednesday, you can do what you like".
    That guy: "You're being taken over by rich local businessmen and you're going to leave me to put together a really talented squad?"
    Other company; "Exactly".
    That guy: "Sounds awesome, when can I start?"

5. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

Two mistakes:

1. You're presuming I've never been employed, you are indeed wrong.
    2. If you're thinking that I actually think conversation took place word for word then you're wrong again. Seriously. Come on.

6. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

If that was the case, then why was he, (and still) so pissed off that Leicester let him speak to his. It's the only reason I've actually heard him state for coming here.

Also, "really talented" is pushing it a bit don't you think? No question we're improving but we're not exactly bossing games are we? For instance, last night would we have actually won against a terrible Derby side if they didn't have a 12 year old kid in goal?

7. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Nigel is definitely pissed off with his exit from Leicester, but he never saw City as a step down, he never saw it as the only option available to him, he saw us as a club that wanted him to join us and he was very happy to do so(and that remains the case and I know you don't believe me, but I have discussed it with him at length).

As for the talent he's brought in, for the money he's spent, I think it's exceptional.

8. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

You're right, I don't believe you at all. I imagine at best it'd be "Alright Nige", "err, alright, whoever you are", "Ooh yay he spoke to me!"

Back onto the talent issue, he's spent more on transfer fees than Brown did when we were promoted, would it not then count as a failure if we don't go up? Considering we're round about the same points as we were that season?

9. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I wasn't suggesting I was godfather to his children, merely that I have met him several times and talked to him, your just guessing and you're wrong.

10. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Paper round? Or ball boy? Neither really count as a job mate..

11. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Does rent boy count?

12. YoungCityTiger

YoungCityTiger New Member

To be fair we have only spent the money in january, had our team not been in debt and needed a complete overhaul, we would be most likely be higher up in the table.
    The amount of money saved by loaning out and selling overpaid players to weigh out the balance, justifies having to spent some money.Chelsea spent what 70 mil in january , so you would expect them to win the league?, and it at the moment looks very unlikely, there are comparisons with man city as well.
    Plus transfer fees are increasing each year,you could also say the league this year compared to when we were promoted is in my opinion a lot harder, better teams around us and its a tight league.
    So personally in my opinion i would of course be annoyed we didnt go up, but i wouldnt think its a complete failure given the circumstances throughout the season.

13. St.GeorgeisCross

As most of you will know, I very rarely post and am quite content to read others comments and value their opinion. However I am growing increasingly frustrated with reading the drivell that TWF spouts.
    Here are some questions to you TWF.....

1. Do you actually support Hull City?
    2. If yes, why don't you EVER have a positive comment to make about them or the management structure?
    3. If no, what team do you really support and why can't you clear off and post your tripe on that board?

We have had a very good turn of fortune since the beginning of the season.
    From the brink of administration to pushing for a play off place in 6 months, new owners and fresh feel to the team is nothing short of miraculous, yet still you complain.
    Brown was not the saviour of our club.
    Yes he achieved wonderful things no other Manager in our history has done. Could he continue with this level of achievement? NO!
    By Christmas of the 2008/2009 season he had ran out of ideas and tactics and had failed to fully utilise the skill set of the players he had bought. FACT!

We are not Leeds fans, so stop living in the past and look to what the future may bring, be it with Nigel Pearson or not.
    I for one fully support him after earlier aprehension at the beginning of the season and will continue to support him unless he follows the same route as Brown!

14. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

...the "tag" says it all St George is Cross

15. St.GeorgeisCross

I sure am!
    TWF really is a 1st class WUM!

Ps. My tag was my 606 tag and came about from the World Cup last year!

16. Tigga777

Tigga777 Member

I listened to Pearson after the Derby game. He really does struggle expressing himself. He is tongue tied , defensive, talks in cliches and appears unable to think on his feet. This probably explains his inability to communicate and deal with senior players. I have yet to see any positive evidence of his 'man management' skills.

17. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

yeah, remember you posting the odd comment on 606. On there, I was like you, read a lot, but, rarely posted.

Good to see you over here, and, look forward to seeing you posting a bit more. :emoticon-0148-yes: :emoticon-0150-hands:emoticon-0103-cool:

18. City

City Active Member

Tigga777 i get to see and chat to Andy Dawson a senior player on monday nights and he cant speak highly enough of Pearson he said his man managment skills are the best he has come across so i dont know were your coming from with that post?

19. Tigers piss on weeds

Some bollocks on here...

20. Tigga777

Tigga777 Member

eergh!!!!..well he would wouldnt he!!..he is the only senior player likely to survive the cull....and he has just been made club captain!!...try asking any of the others from Ash downward..