1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Malaysian Grand Prix Awards

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by cosicave, Oct 1, 2017.

1. ErnieBecclestone

ErnieBecclestone Well-Known Member

I'm not knocking them, I simply stating high risk equals higher chance of a fatality, I loved watching Senna race with his smooth style and manner, but for some reason detested Schumacher with his ignorance and arrogance. Vettel exhibits the same traits as Schumacher for some strange reason that escapes me at the moment.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  2. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

I can get the Schumacher thing. He was fairly universally despised in the UK after what he pulled on Hill, but he was an exceptional driver. I really don't see that entirely ruthlessness in Vettel though. Totally different drivers to me.

3. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

It was Webber's propaganda war in an attempt to unsettle him so Webber could win the WDC that cost Vettel a chunk of fans, plus he was the new kid on the block putting Lewis a bit in the shade, his nationality doesn't much help either. It's generally ignored that Webber made 2 racing moves in turkey and that Webber didn't like the new wing and complained about it during practice for the British GP (according to Brundle in the live feed), and that both broke.

4. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

I think the thing that wound me up about Vettel in the past had absolutely nothing to do with him at all. It was the smug git Jack Horner and the pain in the backside Helmut. They are still there but not quite as smug these days. Dunno why, they just wind me up.

Smithers likes this.
  5. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm not sure if it's the British fans or just the 2007 fans who are doing us proud on social media. You should see some of the hatred directed towards Nico through the Sky feeds because he's a pundit this weekend. It's ****ing disgraceful and embarrassing.

6. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

anti-social media would be a more apt term.

Back to Malaysia, I've just seen the crash from all angles, Stroll drifts wide at the same time Vettel moves left, so both have a bit of blame, but Stroll's is because he doesn't know Vettel is there due to the angle and Vettel's pace. So Vettel has to take most of the blame as, like Kimi in Singapore, he knew Stroll was there and made a pointless move across the track

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  7. ErnieBecclestone

ErnieBecclestone Well-Known Member

Agree, exactly the same but different :eek: