1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

malky mckay

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by bullets76, Aug 17, 2011.

1. bullets76

bullets76 New Member

Hi guys new poster here. i have followed the old 606 for over a year and this site since its inception, quietly watching and reading with interest.

I work in Grangetown and being from the area am quite friendly with Ibrahim Farah and his family. I was talking to him yesterday and asking him how life down the CCS is compared to last year. The boy had nothing but glowing praise for Malky and his running of the club saying how refreshing it is this season compared to last. Last season Jones had his favourites and as has been well documented there were cliques.....however this season he has said the mood is much more jovial with a real sense of togetherness.

Malky is an "arm over the shoulder" type of guy who encourages where you are doing well and offers constructive criticism of whats going well and not going so well in training.

I thought this obviously sounds great as the manager is not showing any favouritism towards big names and encouraging everyone. Incidentally Ibby will not be going on loan before Christmas as Malky thinks he has something to offer at the moment but may well after this time for much needed experience, dependendent on who we bring in. Anyway after hearing these words from a player I really believe we have made the right appointment with this guy. There is absolutely no doubt that this is a REAL TEAM that will fight for each other to the death and with those sentiments I will be throwing a tenner on us to go up tomorrow. Peace Out

2. Blue Prophet

Blue Prophet Active Member

Welcome to the madhouse. any insights welcome we are all in this together, if MM is the man, great a good start for a new team <ok>

3. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Cheers Bullets and welcome

4. H bomb

H bomb Active Member

5. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Welcome Bullets.

I saw Ibby play for City's Under 18 team at Bryntirion, Bridgend about 4 years ago in a side of mainly Under 16's against bigger, older local lads. I was impressed with his stamina, ball and positional skills then and marked him down as one to watch for the future. Nice to be right once in a while.

6. SBFF

SBFF Well-Known Member

Welcome bullets <ok>

7. BrizzleBluebird

BrizzleBluebird Well-Known Member

Hi bullets, i've only just signed up after being a semi-regular over on the old 606..

We have a good bunch of guys here as I'm sure you've realised and very much like the current City team we do have a tendancy to stick up for each other during times of "battle" with the opposition!!

Nice to hear some decent inside info too, though don't be too surprised if some try to accuse you of the old "my aunties, sisters brother was speaking to the postman who knows malky's cat" type thing, especially if it doesn't fit into their view of the world!

8. Xsnaggle

Xsnaggle Member

Mr Mackay would prbably prefer you to spell his name right, but as for bullets '76, been there done that; Monagh Road. lol

9. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Bullet, I admire you optimism when stating "I will be throwing a tenner on us to go up tomorrow." but save your money we're going have to wait until, at the very least, the end of the season to go up. :) Again, welcome aboard.

10. bullets76

bullets76 New Member

thanks for the welcome guys :) xsnaggle i have no idea what your on about!!!!

11. iggypop

iggypop Member

Malky is truly a wonderful fellow - a shame he did not sign better players.

12. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

The Shearer magnitude of MacKay taking over your team should be a lesson to the Malaysians to stick to finance & let football people make football decisions . Congrats on your great start !!

13. irishbluebird

irishbluebird Well-Known Member

Welcome Bullets. I also think we have the right guy leading the team and with a couple of reasonable new signings I think we'll be in with a shout at the end of the season.

14. mjw6150

mjw6150 Member

I think all of our new signings are great so far. We're just short a few of them right now :)