1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread man city v Liverpool - C C fourth round

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by johnsonsbaby, Nov 12, 2022.

1. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

I hope my post didn't come across as being defensive. You're right, Liverpool fans aren't immune from being dickheads either.

2. THE FOOL

THE FOOL Well-Known Member

Not really defensive mate, I find as a group we are sometimes prone to making excuses or looking for the conspiracy to deal with reports of our fans behaviour while being massively critical of any slight by opposing fans.

It's true with any group, not just football to be fair.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  3. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

Football is tribal and that's how most of us act. In the instance above I was sceptical because last time we played them there were reports of things being thrown and their bus being smashed but not a peep from Merseyside police who are very quick on these things. No pictures or anything and you know how quick people get stuff up online to point the finger. I wondered if it was the same case again.

Any fans throwing things should be banned whichever team they support. I think it's time to issue a few bans for the vile chants as well, again whichever fans are doing it.

THE FOOL likes this.
  4. moreinjuredthanowen

Joint club statements or whatever = not made up.

Football is tribal but there's also a large element of just pure arseholery.

They think they can do ot just cos it was like that before.

Rugby nor cricket are not beset with these issues usually. Football, well its endemic.

5. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

From my experience in here, most of them are :bandit:

johnsonsbaby, luvgonzo and Bumps like this.
  6. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Well you tw@ <laugh>

Zanjinho likes this.
  7. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I don't know what the answer is to this ridiculous fan behaviour, it can't continue though. What I don't get is that there must be numerous witnesses. Now if I see that I'm going to a steward and pointing the bloke out and explaining what happened surely the police can simply go to the lower tier see if everyone is okay, discover the injured person then arrest the person throwing the item. Why isn't this happening?

organic red likes this.
  8. moreinjuredthanowen

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-64110711

Manchester police confirm details of criminal act of premeditated gbh that the rags were saying but you.cpupdmt quite believe they didn't make up or exaggerate such is their behaviour

the people (cos you.dont carry around that many coins unless really premeditated) involved need to be found

there's people who are match going lfc fans who stood round these people as they filled a plastic beer cup with coins and threw it like a rock down onto city fans.

if these people are not found then I think lfc fans should be hugely reduced in ticket allocation.

9. saintKlopp

It's disgraceful behaviour and if caught they should face a stiff prison sentence.
    However, I don't think punishing the innocent to try and catch the guilty is the way to go.
    It's not justice, and I'm doubtful it's even pragmatic as the guilty parties could still get through.

Zanjinho likes this.
  10. moreinjuredthanowen

I just don't think 1 person carried a beer cup full of change to the eithad with the excess intent. I think 5 or 10 lads contributed to that and watched it tossed.

They know full well who did it.

The thing is

A) why are clubs still allowed put away fans higher than home fans?

B) where is the cctv camera shots. Surely there's more on the away end and surrounds than anywhere else?

C) where is the official lfc supporters organisations demanding a name.

I think nothing short of cutting away fan numbers will stop racist chanting, songs about the dead or badly hurt, violence like this, pyrotechnics, etc etc.

There should not be a club to club attitude to this either. The fa should be starting at the set 3k or % and reducing the away fan allocation periodically by club based on behaviour.

Thsf way we should not have tit for tat fan number reduction battles between clubs.

Lfc could have zero fans at either next season for this but city could have 3k at ours and lfc should be able to do nothing.

If lfc travelling fans were told there's half the tickets now cos you did this, this and this I am very sure some self policing would quickly deal with a lot of it.

Right now someone knows who did this and only needs to phone a tip line.

saintKlopp likes this.